Photo

ME3 MP class Builder

• Please log in to reply
887 replies to this topic

Narida L

Narida L
  • Members
  • 212 posts
I made a class builder. Basically you can choose class, race and skills and it will show you your stats. Like in the game but with greater detail; it shows you how the different values are calculated and also includes some that aren't shown, e.g. melee damage.
http://narida.pytalh...om/me3/classes/

Acknowledgements
All credit for the french version goes to ds108j.
Thanks to heshkelgaii and Snoteye for their help in filling in values.
Big thanks to Creakazoid for fixing the tooltips.

Thank you to everyone who submitted bugs for making the builder better for everyone!

Known Current Issues
I am aware of the following issues. I might fix them at some point.

Armour Modules: Adrenaline Module, Power Efficiency Module, Shield Power Cells, Stabilisation Module do not have a level IV option in-game.
Just ignore these.

The melee damage increase from the weapon mods do not apply to Shadow Strike.

All Volus kits: Volus Training rank 5 "Shield Boost" doesn't apply to shield boost power.

N7 Paladin: "Shield Mastery" 2nd and 5th (shield health) bonuses don't apply to base omni shield health.

N7 Shadow "Sword Mastery" tree evo's 5 and 6 do not apply their melee damage bonus' to shield/barriers and armour respectively

Shadow Strike's damage modifiers are effected by 'Sword Mastery' evo's 5 (Shields/Barriers) and 6 (Armour)

All "Damage Taken" attributes not being applied. This includes QFI Tech Vulnerability applying to Sabotage.

Ammo Power are missing. These have weird effects, it would be a pain to add them. Maybe at some point.

=== ORIGINAL POST BELOW ===
At the moment I'm still missing lots of skills, the Drell Adept, Salarian Infiltrator and the Human Soldier are complete however.

If there's interest, I'll complete it; or if someone want's to help me, send me a message^^.

EDIT 4th April 2012:
The skills have now all been added, thanks to heshkelgaii!

It would also be possible to add a weapon selection so that you can choose which weapon you want and it would show you the actual weapon damage as well as the adjusted cooldown times; again, only if there is interest^^.

EDIT: The BB code doesn't like my links :-/
EDIT 2: Fixed the links:
Drell Adept: http://narida.pytalh...lasses/#01BAAAA
Human Soldier: http://narida.pytalh...lasses/#10BAAAA
Salarian Infiltrator: http://narida.pytalh...lasses/#41BAAAA

Edited by Narida L, 15 December 2012 - 07:03 PM.

Indenter

Indenter
  • Members
  • 616 posts
Wow.
That's very nice.
Can you also consider putting normal melee?

Edited by Indenter, 30 March 2012 - 01:39 PM.

SeijiTataki

SeijiTataki
  • Members
  • 502 posts
Have you considered storing the data in a more obfuscated manner? The code as it is a little messy for linking, and makes some ridiculously long URLs.

tvih

tvih
  • Members
  • 817 posts
Goodie, thanks. I was already wondering if I have to do one myself, in which case the end result would've been crappy :)

M A F I A

M A F I A
  • Members
  • 626 posts
Very interesting concept. But does it miss other stats or am I doing something wrong?
Edit: Something's off, doesn't take into account last two trees of Asari Vanguard.

Edited by M A F I A, 30 March 2012 - 02:12 PM.

TheSletchman

TheSletchman
  • Members
  • 94 posts
Excellent work Narida.  Looks like it'll be an excellent tool for sharing builds with people once it's done.  I've considered compiling a "Gold Standard Builds" list with just builds that are designed/known to be competitive on Gold, and having a builder would be a good tool for sharing them via a simple link.

SeijiTataki wrote...

Have you considered storing the data in a more obfuscated manner? The code as it is a little messy for linking, and makes some ridiculously long URLs.

These kinds of builders have to either "store" the data in the URL or offer data file storage for anyone who uses the builder at all.  So having it in the URL is the way that every one that I've ever used has solved that problem.

Most use numbers so the url becomes .../builder/121000010602101...  You will always have a long url though - check out any other builders.

VirtualAlex

VirtualAlex
  • Members
  • 953 posts
This would be super useful and I would certainly link to it.

Narida L

Narida L
  • Members
  • 212 posts
@SeijiTataki
You're right, the URLs are very ugly, I'm working on a fix right now...

TheSletchman

TheSletchman
  • Members
  • 94 posts

Narida L wrote...

@SeijiTataki
You're right, the URLs are very ugly, I'm working on a fix right now...

I was going to suggets that I would turn it into something far more streamlined like so:

Each of five skill rows has a total of 20 combinations (if my quick maths is correct) so you can reduce the url to /classes/120015201817

Break down is that first number is class (1-6), second is race (1-3) and then each pair is the combination you have in that skill.  So 1 = just first point, 2 = first two and so on. 00 means no points.  It'll reduce your URLS to 12 letters after the /classes/

I just didn't want to tell you to change what you'd done - I know precisely the kind of work involved in doing so.

EDIT: Checked my maths - there's actually 17 combinations per skill.  My idea still works, just means each pair after the first two goes from 00-17.  Just in case you wanted suggestions from a fellow programmer.  If not, disregard.

EDIT2: Technically 18 - I meant 17 combinations that included points.  So 17 with points + 1 without = 18.  Just to be pedantic. ;)

Edited by TheSletchman, 30 March 2012 - 02:32 PM.

Narida L

Narida L
  • Members
  • 212 posts
@ Indenter
If i get the base value/values for melee it shouldn't be much of a problem to add that.
@ M A F I A
There are only two skills for the asari vanguard at the moment, thats why it isn't working properly.
http://narida.pytalh...asses/values.js is missing the values, feel free to add them and send me the revised version ;-)

@TheSletchman
Thanks for the tip, that's what I did, only i converted the number to an ascii char so it's even shorter ;-) (And I don't have to parse an int^^)

WhySoeSerius

WhySoeSerius
  • Members
  • 271 posts
Nice please add weapons thanks

TheSletchman

TheSletchman
  • Members
  • 94 posts
Ooooh - good call. 7 Character URL will be very tidy. Nice.

I'd offer to help you but I've got entirely too much work of my own to be doing (and am doing epic amounts of procrastinating with ME related stuff...). Look forward to seeing it when it's done.

akula51

akula51
  • Members
  • 333 posts
Can you make a call to an API or web service at somewhere like bit.ly to get a shortened URL?

Narida L

Narida L
  • Members
  • 212 posts
@akula51
How do you mean? The URLs after my fix (e.g. http://narida.pytalh...lasses/#01BAAAA) don't seem overly long?

Tajah Silver-Sparke

Tajah Silver-Sparke
  • Members
  • 173 posts
Thanks a bunch for putting that site together. It's great and really useful!

TenorMadness

TenorMadness
  • Members
  • 38 posts
Thanks so much! I'd love a page for the human engineer or turian sentinel...

heshkelgaii

heshkelgaii
  • Members
  • 58 posts
I wish I new some code I would totally help you out with this, this is Awesome.

Narida L

Narida L
  • Members
  • 212 posts
@TenorMadness
I added them and the missing skills.
Human Engineer
Turian Sentinel

I could still use some help entering the remaining skills, so if anyone feels up to it, please message me. ;-)

TenorMadness

TenorMadness
  • Members
  • 38 posts
That's great! You've got not clue how long I've been looking for a skill calculator.

heshkelgaii

heshkelgaii
  • Members
  • 58 posts
wrong post heh

Edited by heshkelgaii, 04 April 2012 - 07:49 AM.

KainD

KainD
  • Members
  • 8,624 posts
Nice. Kudos. =)

vivanto

vivanto
  • Members
  • 2,350 posts

TheSletchman wrote...
Most use numbers so the url becomes .../builder/121000010602101...  You will always have a long url though - check out any other builders.

There are lots of ways to encode that into a shorter format. ;)

Narida L

Narida L
  • Members
  • 212 posts
A huge thanks goes to heshkelgaii, who added all the missing skills.
This makes the builder pretty much complete, apart from a few minor glitches which I'll fix in the next couple of days.

Aerius

Aerius
  • Members
  • 256 posts

Narida L wrote...

A huge thanks goes to heshkelgaii, who added all the missing skills.
This makes the builder pretty much complete, apart from a few minor glitches which I'll fix in the next couple of days.

Sorry for beeing to lazy :P

molecularman

molecularman
  • Members
  • 1,650 posts
Nice job