Photo

Retaliation Update: Gold/Plat Grenade Supply Guide - Rich Map, Poor Map

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

BjornDaDwarf

BjornDaDwarf
  • Members
  • 3,729 posts
Updating as of Dec. 6th for Retaliation content.  I was not aware that the Hazard maps have different Grenade count ammo boxes than their standard counterparts.  This is a pretty nice addition to the Hazard maps.  I'll update the list as they rotate through.  Also found that the original White Map has updated ammo boxes.  All other original maps appear to be unchanged.

BW may, of course, change grenade spawn amounts.  This info was good as of Dec. 6th, 2012.  If you just want to know which maps have the most grenades, skip to the list below.

With the additional capacity from some of the class buffs and the new Grenade capacity gear, I've seen a lot of increased interest in using grenades around here.  On Gold, I've known that some boxes give 2 grenades, while others only give 1.  If you want to experiment heavily with a grenade user, trying any of the rich maps would be advisable. 

If anyone wants to incorporate this into any other guides or maps, be my guest!  It would be great if this data, plus spawn points and all box locations were all incorporated into a map.  I initially used Lynx7725's maps to get better once I started playing Gold more. 

If you find that any of these are wrong, let me know.  During a match, you may find that some 2 count boxes only give you one if another player has already picked up one grenade from it. 

Interestingly, of the original maps, only Ghost spawns multiple grenades per box.  Of the expansion maps, only Condor and Vancouver spawn a single grenade per box (except for a single 2 grenade box on Van).

A note on Platinum - As near as I can tell, Plat ammo boxes give the same number of grenades as Gold boxes.  I did not test every map, but did check all Earth Maps, Ghost and Glacier. 

Gold and Platinum Grenade Rich Maps

Firebase Ghost - Normal and Hazard - 4 Ammo Boxes - 8 Total Grenades - Only original map that spawns multiple grenades

AB1 - 2 Grenades - Near Extraction Point
AB2 - 2 Grenades - At end of alley moving away from AB1 (just to the left of the end of the alley)
AB3 - 2 Grenades - At the end of the last room in the center row of buildings
AB4 - 2 Grenades - Turn left moving away from AB1 into the courtyard, it's at the far end of the courtyard, on the ground.

Firebase Goddess - 4 Ammo Boxes - 7 Total Grenades

AB1 - 2 Grenades - Next to Extraction Point
AB2 - 2 Grenades - In room off of the stairway going down to the fountain
AB3 - 2 Grenades - In room at bottom of stairs
AB4 - 1 Grenade - At opposite side of map from AB3, next to a wall that faces into fountain area

Firebase Hydra - 4 Ammo Boxes - 7 Total Grenades

AB1 - 2 Grenades - Next to Extraction Point
AB2 - 2 Grenades - At Bottom of stairs leading into courtyard
AB3 - 2 Grenades - On back platform outside of Globe room
AB4 - 1 Grenade - In hallway leading to Globe Room

Firebase Jade - 4 Ammo Boxes - 7 Total Grenades

AB1 - 1 Grenade - Going down the stairs from Extraction point, towards the lower balcony, in corner
AB2 - 2 Grenades - From AB1, follow edge wall to where it ends
AB3 - 2 Grenades - In the center hallway of the three paths on the opposite side of the map from AB1 and AB2
AB4 - 2 Grenades - In the lowest courtyard area in the middle

Firebase Rio - The ultimate Grenade Map - 8 Ammo Boxes - 16 Total Grenades

Starting from the Richest Side, the one with the maze of shipping containers:

AB1 - Hidden in shipping container - 3 Grenades
AB2 - Hidden in shipping container - 3 Grenades
AB3 - In caged off area - 2 Grenades
AB4 - Near stairs going up - 2 Grenades
AB5 - At center spawn point - 1 Grenade
AB6 - At center spawn point - 1 Grenade
AB7 - Stairs down towards Extraction - 2 Grenades
AB8 - Stairs down towards Extraction - 2 Grenades

Firebase London - 4 Ammo Boxes - 8 Total Grenades

AB1 - Near stairs up to balcony - 2 Grenades
AB2 - Near other stairs up to balcony - 2 Grenades
AB3 - Spilled on bench on opposite of map from initial spawn - 2 Grenades
AB4 - Opposite side of map from balcony - 2 Grenades

Firebase Vancouver - Basically a poor map - 4 Ammo Boxes - 5 Total Grenades

AB1 - In Extraction zone - 1 Grenade
AB2 - In back office - 1 Grenade
AB3 - Near ramp going down from office - 1 Grenade
AB4 - At bottom of very long ladder - 2 Grenades

Firebase Dagger Hazard - Excellent Grenade map, 4 boxes, 8 Total Grenades

AB1 - Directly behind Sniper room (start point) - 2 Grenades
AB2 - In back corner behind the long hallway of the sniper room - 2 Grenades
AB3 - In the courtyard, directly opposite Sniper room - 2 Grenades
AB4 - In back right corner of map, near what is the extraction point for some difficulties - 2 Grenades

Firebase White - Both Normal and Hazard - 5 boxes, 9 Total Grenades

AB1 - On walkway next to Extraction/Start - 1 Grenade
AB2 - At top of ladder - 2 Grenades
AB3 - At bottom of original stairs inside - 2 Grenades
AB4 - In the catwalk area of the lower half of the map - 2 Grenades
AB5 - Deadend at far back of map - 2 Grenades

Firebase Reactor Hazard - 4 boxes, 8 Total Grenades

AB1 - At Extraction/Start - 2 Grenade
AB2 - Behind the pillars next to the entrance to the Reactor - 2 Grenades
AB3 - In alcove behind Reactor at back of map - 2 Grenades
AB4 - Near the U-Shaped hallway on the edge of the map (by electrical generator things) - 2 Grenades

Firebase Giant Hazard - 4 boxes, 8 Total Grenades

AB1 - At Extraction/Start - 2 Grenade
AB2 - Near cliff/edge in lower portion - 2 Grenades
AB3 - In room with rubble behind control room - 2 Grenades
AB4 - Next to ramp going up to control room - 2 Grenades

Grenade Poor Maps - Listed from most to fewest total Ammo Boxes, only 1 Grenade per box

Firebase Condor - 5 Ammo Boxes - 5 Total Grenades
Firebase Dagger - 4 Ammo Boxes - 4 Total Grenades
Firebase Reactor - 4 Ammo Boxes - 4 Total Grenades
Firbase Giant - 4 Ammo Boxes - 4 Total Grenades
Firebase Glacier - Normal and Hazard - 3 Ammo Boxes - 3 Total Grenades

Edited by BjornDaDwarf, 06 December 2012 - 03:32 PM.

Pokevirus

Pokevirus
  • Members
  • 43 posts
white has 5 ammo boxes...

soulstriker09

soulstriker09
  • Members
  • 3,209 posts
condor too...
1. just in front of landing point
2. at the L-shaped pipe thing
3. at the LZ
4. behind the steel balcony/building thing that overlooks the landing point
5. beside the uphill path going to the highest point of the map (near the L-shaped pipe area)

but good to know OP :D

Edited by soulstriker09, 01 June 2012 - 03:25 AM.

BjornDaDwarf

BjornDaDwarf
  • Members
  • 3,729 posts

Pokevirus wrote...

white has 5 ammo boxes...

Crap, you're right, I forgot the one out in the open off the side door to the camping room.  I'll be it's one, but I'll go check real quick.

BjornDaDwarf

BjornDaDwarf
  • Members
  • 3,729 posts

soulstriker09 wrote...

condor too...
1. just in front of landing point
2. at the L-shaped pipe thing
3. at the LZ
4. behind the steel balcony/building thing that overlooks the landing point
5. beside the uphill path going to the highest point of the map (near the L-shaped pipe area)

but good to know OP :D

Of all the times I've played Condor, I don't think I've ever noticed that one.  You would think after a couple of dozen times running around a map, you'd know all the ammo boxes. 

Okay, let me know if I missed anymore.  I'm obviously not as familiar with Jade or Goddess yet, but I *was* pretty confident I had found them all as much as I played them the night they came out.

nhcre8tv1

nhcre8tv1
  • Members
  • 2,395 posts
Bookmarked.

Uchimura

Uchimura
  • Members
  • 4,762 posts
I don't use grenades often. Are they affected by the longer timers like the box at the LZ in FB Giant/Reactor?

Edited by Uchimura, 01 June 2012 - 03:42 AM.

wirelesstkd

wirelesstkd
  • Members
  • 1,192 posts

Uchimura wrote...

I don't use grenades often. Are they affected by the longer timers like the box at the LZ in FB Giant/Reactor?

Exactly like that, yes. 

Thanks for the guide, OP. I played Glacier twice tonight with the Quarian Male Engineer and I was cursing the grenade distribution. 

soulstriker09

soulstriker09
  • Members
  • 3,209 posts

BjornDaDwarf wrote...

Of all the times I've played Condor, I don't think I've ever noticed that one.  You would think after a couple of dozen times running around a map, you'd know all the ammo boxes. 

Okay, let me know if I missed anymore.  I'm obviously not as familiar with Jade or Goddess yet, but I *was* pretty confident I had found them all as much as I played them the night they came out.

as a sniper who regularly camps that highest point, I'm a regular customer of that (poorly placed) ammo box.

mpompeo27

mpompeo27
  • Members
  • 1,834 posts
Good information. I already have my grenade builds pretty set but now I'll know which maps to specifically seek out when I play those characters.

BjornDaDwarf

BjornDaDwarf
  • Members
  • 3,729 posts

wirelesstkd wrote...

Uchimura wrote...

Exactly like that, yes. 

Thanks for the guide, OP. I played Glacier twice tonight with the Quarian Male Engineer and I was cursing the grenade distribution. 

I just tried the QME for the first time tonight, that Arc Grenade is awesome!  I wasn't prepared for how much more I would like it than just about any other grenade I've used.  Being able to detonate a TB (or two) almost instantly after it hits is kind of like having 2 grenades in one.  

I ran him on Dagger, and ran my VSent on Jade.  Both heavy grenade users, both times I ended up with one other player who was a grenade user.  The difference in supply is pretty shocking.  Even with the respawn time, the almost double grenades on Jade made staying constantly stocked up with 4 grenades really easy.  I was probably chucking 4-6 grenades per wave.  Contrasted with Dagger, where I struggled to keep two grenades on me at any time, and only threw 2-3 per wave (some waves less than that). 

I'm actually wondering if the respawn time on Grenades has been loosened up a bit.  There were matches a couple of weeks ago where my HSold struggled to pick up even 1 grenade a wave when there was another grenade user on the map.  I

Edited by BjornDaDwarf, 01 June 2012 - 07:18 AM.

Permafrost27

Permafrost27
  • Members
  • 191 posts
 Appreciate your effort, thanks.

Secondly, as an unashamed grenadier enthusiast, I have officially put Glacier base on the top of my sh*tlist. 

WHAT IS YOUR DEAL GLACIER BRAHS?

BjornDaDwarf

BjornDaDwarf
  • Members
  • 3,729 posts

Permafrost27 wrote...

Appreciate your effort, thanks.

Secondly, as an unashamed grenadier enthusiast, I have officially put Glacier base on the top of my sh*tlist. 

WHAT IS YOUR DEAL GLACIER BRAHS?

I was genuinely surprised to see Glacier having the fewest grenades, seems strange to have so few grenades available in a map that's begging for Grenade use.  But I had never thought about it before.  

I also re-ordered the Poor list from most ammo boxes to fewest, Glacier is now were it properly belongs for Grenade lovers, at the end of the line.  Unless you're willing to burn through a lot of Ammo Packs, in which case it's probably a lot of fun!

hornywingythingy

hornywingythingy
  • Members
  • 49 posts
The thing about white is there are three ammo boxes in close proximity to the camping area, so you can actually hit all three between waves (foot of stairs, out the side door, round the back.) works fine if you only have two or three grenades. Was doing that last night with quarian engineer, and it works, but you are close on time.

*edited due to tiredness/caffeine/stupidity, delete as appropriate. *

Cool guide though.

Edited by hornywingythingy, 01 June 2012 - 08:28 AM.

wirelesstkd

wirelesstkd
  • Members
  • 1,192 posts

hornywingythingy wrote...

The thing about white is there are three ammo boxes in close proximity to the camping area, so you can actually hit all three between waves (foot of stairs, out the side door, round the back.) works fine if you only have two or three grenades. Was doing that last night with quarian engineer, and it works, but you are close on time.

*edited due to tiredness/caffeine/stupidity, delete as appropriate. *

Cool guide though.

For camping on White, I've found it too hard to get grenades with the recent change in time between waves. It's really a bummer, I don't see the upside to the change. 

UKStory135

UKStory135
  • Members
  • 3,954 posts
What makes Reactor even worse is the fact that the ammo boxes take forever to reload.

cronshaw

cronshaw
  • Members
  • 4,997 posts
This is quite useful. Thanks.

Beerfish

Beerfish
  • Members
  • 23,825 posts
Thanks for the info. I simply have to get at least 2 grenades, it really makes my drell adept worthless if I can only toss one grenade per wave.

Torguemada

Torguemada
  • Members
  • 597 posts

BjornDaDwarf wrote...
Unless you're willing to burn through a lot of Ammo Packs, in which case it's probably a lot of fun!

There's pretty much no reason not to burn throught Ammo Packs when using grenadier classes, it's not like there much use for them on any other matches.
I regularly throw somethink like 40+ inferno grenades a match on my batarian soldier, such glorious carnage.:whistle:

A Wild Snorlax

A Wild Snorlax
  • Members
  • 3,056 posts
Jade and goddess have 2 grenades in every box.

Sometimes they only have 1, probably if you or someone else took only 1 grenade from them on the previous visit.

Drell adept is a complete monster on the new maps. Especially with my newly aquired  +2 grenades :P

Edited by A Wild Snorlax, 01 June 2012 - 02:09 PM.

BjornDaDwarf

BjornDaDwarf
  • Members
  • 3,729 posts

A Wild Snorlax wrote...

Jade and goddess have 2 grenades in every box.

Sometimes they only have 1, probably if you or someone else took only 1 grenade from them on the previous visit.

Drell adept is a complete monster on the new maps. Especially with my newly aquired  +2 grenades :P

I double checked each of the Single Grenade boxes on the 3 maps that otherwise have double grenade boxes.  As I described in the OP, I did a Solo Gold, chucking my grenades as I made a circle around each map to check each box.  

lynroy

lynroy
  • Members
  • 24,520 posts
Wonderful little guide, I always wondered about this. Shame about glacier though because that one is fun to go grenade crazy on.

zerozen00

zerozen00
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts
Great guide, congratulations and thanks for posting!

/zen

Edited by zerozen00, 01 June 2012 - 02:31 PM.

r0estir0bbe

r0estir0bbe
  • Members
  • 189 posts
Thanks a lot. Nicely done.

sareth_65536

sareth_65536
  • Members
  • 596 posts
Glacier has 4 ammo boxes. All of them are spawning 1 grenade