Photo

Share Your Builds!

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

lordshenlong

lordshenlong
  • Members
  • 1,379 posts
So i tried looking for a post like this but my searches came up with nothing so i took it upon myself to start the sharing of our favourite builds we use.

i will be using narida's class builder to show what i'd use (on gold)

Human Soldier: My HS doesn't use AR, doesn't really need it with my setup. I use conc shot to knock things down while reloading or between shots, nades to spam areas and to knock shields off of heavies and the gps mops everything else up.

Batarian Soldier: My harrier platform, i use its high melee skill to knock out anything that gets too close while i burst fire at anything in range and lob nades at bottlenecks.

Vorcha Sentinal: My VorSent loves to run around setting things on fire, dropping cluster grenades everywhere there's a biotic effect, slashing things that stray too close and shooting things to pieces with his lovely harrier.

so what do you guys (and gals) use?

Edited by lordshenlong, 26 June 2012 - 07:54 AM.

joker_jack

joker_jack
  • Members
  • 3,801 posts
Asari Justicar: My builds centers around the idea of a viable adept sniper. The viper with it's recent buffs made that possible. Great alternative to the carnifex club. :wizard:

lordshenlong

lordshenlong
  • Members
  • 1,379 posts

joker_jack wrote...

Asari Justicar: My builds centers around the idea of a viable adept sniper. The viper with it's recent buffs made that possible. Great alternative to the carnifex club. :wizard:

nice, looks interesting.

WWNSX

WWNSX
  • Members
  • 394 posts
Lucien Midnight has a good website for builds I'd suggest submitting them to him at
me3multiplayer.com/

or on this thread

social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/343/index/9843355

I really never have a hard time finding builds on the forums or readign build threads to get soem more info on how certain ranks of powers work.

BXpress2

BXpress2
  • Members
  • 216 posts
social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/343/index/11977462

Saber Build for Human Soldier-Concussive shot used as auto aim finishing move,to put away infantry and allows you to move on to another Target faster.Can be mixed up if you equip Disruptors,then its shot-tech burst-shot.

i have maxed out CS simply to have its full potential even when im out of Disruptor rounds.don't find much time to use frag nades with this playstyle.though can be modified with Frag Nades if it suits you better.

Nickle

Nickle
  • Members
  • 618 posts
Sal Infiltrator Survival Build  : unpossible to die with this build. Solo objectives easily, rarely need any medigel.

Sal Inf Damage Build : no fitness build, for when you can go without dying a lot.

LadyAlekto

LadyAlekto
  • Members
  • 1,672 posts
Metalhammer
Revenant gi
4/5/6/6/5

All about boosting the guns damage and gi's survivavability (hm sight+movement+shield boosts)

It wrecks sheer havoc on all ranges if used correct

All other builds i use are still prone to change and tried around, geth engineer without overload is a powerhouse for a frontline gun nut capable to ensure a teams survival, all offensive specced justicar is a nice asset to any biotic deathsqaud (or a great sidekick to any vanguard that knows his class, and all those biotic splosions shouldnt be attributed to me, i just spam reave), human soldier is a nice killer for more aggresive playstyles

Kronner

Kronner
  • Members
  • 6,249 posts
Krogan "Melee Grenadier Beast" Sentinel

Batarian "Gladiator" Sentinel

Vorcha "Reaper Troll" Sentinel

Geth "Bad Robot" Infiltrator

Human "The Hammer" Soldier

lpconfig

lpconfig
  • Members
  • 723 posts
Biotic Ninja: http://narida.pytalh...51PALPKS9@0PERI  Drell Vanguard

Melee kill unarmored things.  Shoot armored things.  Grenade big groups.  Challenging, yet fun on Gold.

They're Dead! : http://narida.pytalh...11PAMAKT9@0PERO  Krogan Soldier

Melee kill unarmored things.  Cancel fortification for extra hard melee hits.  Infernos and Claymore take down armor with ease.  

The Running Man: http://narida.pytalh...02PAKRR]9@0PEIC  Drell Adept

Reave everything.  Even try to reave your team mates.  If there is one or two guys, take advantage of reave stagger and shoot them in the head.  If its a cluster of bad guys, follow your reave with a "cluster" of grenades.  You walk as fast as everyone else runs.  Ultimate pizza delivery man.

Talon Soldier:  http://narida.pytalh...12MDGNRS9@0REUR  Turian Soldier

Up close, use a conc shot for stun, then shoot them in the head.  At range, shoot them in the head with marksman.  Soften up the heavies with your proximity mines.  Use the Talon pistol.  With marksman and scope, it has absolutely no pellet spread.  Does more damage per shot than Black Widow, ignores shield gate, and has a 4 round clip.  Requires decent headshotting skill to work well.

Edited by newman982, 26 June 2012 - 08:49 AM.

WandererRTF

WandererRTF
  • Members
  • 564 posts
Given the savage weekend i might post these...

Vorcha Soldier, heavy on weapons, with only Flamer as power. Tactic is simple, dance your way to the enemy using Harrier, slice and dice with heavy melee as it has long range and when you run out of ammo pull out the Hurricane and finish the job. Flamer is just for Swarmers and bosses so cooldown wont really matter that much.

And the alternative Vorcha Sentinel, with slightly different Bloodlust spec but instead of Flamer uses Cluster Grenades. Great against Phantoms and other such, not so much against bosses. Again cooldowns do not matter.

Of these Soldier rocks against Reapers while Sentinel is great against Cerberus & Geth however they all work fine against any opponent.

And as final tool of the trade, the Krogan Arsonist. Works fine on its own, less so if 'supported'. That is there is really unfortunate tendency with average team mates to pop out the targets that are still cooking from Inferno Grenades. Even more pronounced since you can use Carnage to trigger flame explosions but that is rarely possible with snipers/CQC monsters around as the targets die too soon. Might not be correct to say it is a kill steal but those are really stupid kills. First the target would actually die from the Inferno Grenade alone - so if anything the one doing the kill is only boosting his score and wasting ammo - second those targets are primed to go off in flame explosions which do tons of damage but they wont if they are dead before Carnage hits them.

Pitznik

Pitznik
  • Members
  • 2,838 posts

newman982 wrote...

Reave everything.  Even try to reave your team mates.

Cheers for making me laugh!

Pitznik

Pitznik
  • Members
  • 2,838 posts
Pongo the Incredible Exploding Krogan Krogan Sentinel Explode your enemies with Lift Grenades! Explode husks/swarmers/severely wounded everything with Tech Armor! Explode your enemies' heads with the Claymore! Mods: HCB & SC

Krogan Juggernaut Krogan Battlemaster Charging and shooting heads, melee only when necessary. With Reegar kills much faster, but Graal is better for hacking objective and gives more satisfaction. Talon, Wraith also work fine. Mods for Graal: ammo & HCB; for others piercing & HCB. Build originally posted by Stardusk.

Batarian Stormtrooper Batarian Soldier Blades! Explosions! Blades that explode! Claymore with 21 spare shots. All of this mounted on fast Batarian legs. One of the most fun to play characters, you'll never out of options. Can't decide on rank 5 and 6 greande evolutions, since without Grenade gear I have only 2 greandes - less competition with other greandiers, but sometimes I run out of them. Mods: HCB & SC.

Those are my favourite and most played builds. What can I say, I'm bad at dodging.

Edited by Pitznik, 26 June 2012 - 09:49 AM.

Rhome91

Rhome91
  • Members
  • 93 posts
Human Engineer : I typically roll with this guy if I'm going Gold against Geth enemy only. He is an absolute monster, despite having used one of my respec cards to make him so (Perfectly viable if you do 3 points in the Drone skill and drop the last part of Fitness, Incinerate, or Alliance Training. I like having all three for maximum utility and because I haven't gotten a Carnifex upgrade in almost a month) he tears Geth apart so easily it hurts. What the guide doesn't show is that I also slap Disruptor II or III rounds on him and create endless Tech Bursts by landing one or two shots on an enemy with the Carnifex, then following up with an Overload or Incinerate - both set off from ammo and each other from what I've seen.

Krogan Sentinel : I tend to stick to Silver when playing PUG matches - but he seems to function well enough on Gold. The consumables are highly unnecessary for Silver but make Gold pretty easy to be honest. Regular Widow over Black Widow for higher boss damage and to ensure I hit the shield gate (I've noticed my Black Widow does not always do so on a body shot when on anything but an Infiltrator). Geth Plasma Shotgun swap for the Claymore if you'd like, but I prefer the Claymore because it feels a bit more Krogan.

Turian Sentinel : This is probably the character I have the most fun with, the recharge times are decent enough that he can perform as a back-up for any Tech or Biotic combo in the game, Tech Armor and full Fitness make him just tanky enough to be able to step up and absorb punishment on just about any difficulty, and the Mattock with the right mods can perform very high DPS on all difficulties. Really shines when teamed up with a Human Engineer like the one I put up top or any Asari Adept, Justicar, or Drell Adept that's good for setting up combos (or in the AA's case, detonating them off of Warp). Base off of the, "Turian Nice Guy" build I saw a couple months back.

NOO3TASTIC

NOO3TASTIC
  • Members
  • 745 posts
Flaming Vorcha Soldier: I recently started to use this build on unknown/unknown gold difficulty and found out that vorchas are gold capable and are pretty fun to play esp. vs Reapers. Previously I was hesitant to use vorchas on higher than silver difficulty. Reegar Carbine with thermal clip mod and shredder mod is the main weapon and Talon/Any other heavy pistol with scope as a backup weapon for mid to long range. Vs boss units I use flamer to reload cancel and unload second reegar carbine clip in them. Brings down banshees in two clips, brutes & ravagers in one with incendiary ammo II or III. Ravagers are a bit of a pain if they manage to land third shot. Phantoms can be killed in one clip and some damage from flamer.

joker_jack

joker_jack
  • Members
  • 3,801 posts

lordshenlong wrote...

joker_jack wrote...

nice, looks interesting.

here she is in action

Mordred_Moridin

Mordred_Moridin
  • Members
  • 273 posts
I have an idea for a team build that I want to try some time (or see if a group that is better than me at making a melee based build work since I don't like to get that up close and personal usually):

Geth Melee Healer x2 Use: use HM to locate enemy spawns and get to them quickly.  When approaching enemies, drop your turret as close to them as you can, if you can get it right behind them that is even better.  If turret gets taken down before you are in melee range, have the second person use theirs.  Throw the second turret at the enemy right before using heavy melee.  You should be able to almost always have a turret up when heavy meleeing targets if you travel as a group.  You can also use overload to stagger enemies at range to help keep them bunched up.

Tank Turret Melee Use: Stay with the group.  Throw your turret first while rushing enemies to distract and (hopefully) keep the healer turrets alive.

Melee Infiltrator Use: Running objectives.  Non objective waves, Stay with group, cloak, then Proxy Mine as you reach enemies to assist with the "tank" turret getting aggro and increase melee damage.

Each member should use the Melee Stunner V mod on their weapon, Disruptor Ammo 3 would also probably synergize well though you probably won't be shooting much.  I used the Scorpion pistol in the builds because of the AE damage it does and for how well it transfers ammo powers with a direct hit..

If anyone decides to try this set-up, let me know how it works for ya.  As I said, I am not good at playing a melee build so odds are someone else will be able to try this before me.

veramis

veramis
  • Members
  • 1,956 posts
This is a pretty funny krogan sentinel build that revolves around staggering and setting off tech bursts with DISRUPTOR ammo and incinerate/lift grenade. While in between using incinerate, stagger all enemies with scorpion shots. If things get hectic, throw grenades too. Admittedly, incinerate is not as good as overload for tech bursts, but the benefit of KS over HS is insane suvivability and lift grenades. Most KS builds say to choose either incinerate or lift grenade, or else exclude tech armor, but I think all three should be had if the goal is survivability and tech bursts. I think tech armor 5/6, incinerate 5/6, and fitness 5/6 are all INTERCHANGEABLE without major changes to the build.

Max out tech armor with power damage and durability if you want the 30% power damage from rank 5 and will use in conjunction with cyclonic shield modulator 3 (100% shield boost)
Max out incinerrate for organic damage and armor damage if will be fighting a lot of reapers
Max out fitness if will be used in conjunction with power cell 3 (30% reduced shield recharge delay) and you will get very very fast shield recharge speed

With tech armor maxed out at expense of fitness, 50% DRx40%DR from cover=70% DR, 2350 shield instead of 2600=7826 effective shield vs 7222 effective shield=604 higher effective shield. 30% more power damage but much longer shield recharge delay.

With 4 points in tech armor but maxed fitness, 40%DRx40%DR=64% DR. Less power damage and less effective shield, but very very fast shield recharge speed, I think ideal for the harassing scorpion tactic of disruptor ammo KS.

http://narida.pytalh...32FPPFRR3@0PEFO

Edited by veramis, 26 June 2012 - 11:56 AM.

XCPTNL

XCPTNL
  • Members
  • 736 posts
edited for now

Edited by Korjyan, 04 July 2012 - 02:36 PM.

lordshenlong

lordshenlong
  • Members
  • 1,379 posts
cool, some great setups here!

Micah3sixty

Micah3sixty
  • Members
  • 2,060 posts

"Double Bubble" Asari Justicar build/guide

mpompeo27

mpompeo27
  • Members
  • 1,834 posts

lordshenlong wrote...

So i tried looking for a post like this but my searches came up with nothing so i took it upon myself to start the sharing of our favourite builds we use.

Human Soldier: My HS doesn't use AR, doesn't really need it with my setup. I use conc shot to knock things down while reloading or between shots, nades to spam areas and to knock shields off of heavies and the gps mops everything else up.

You should seriously reconsider that lack of AR and swap that GPS for a Claymore.
http://narida.pytalh...10QAKKRT9@0FEI@

Also, this is my Krogan Soldier, master of weapons and Inferno Grenades.
http://narida.pytalh...11LANLRI1T9FEIC

lordshenlong

lordshenlong
  • Members
  • 1,379 posts

mpompeo27 wrote...

lordshenlong wrote...

You should seriously reconsider that lack of AR and swap that GPS for a Claymore.

nah it doesn't suit me, i don't like powers that don't do anything offensive really, i don't like pressing the AR button when i wanted the CS button, so if i don't spec it, i don't press it.

dddawda

dddawda
  • Members
  • 229 posts
narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#14LARPIT9@0PEIC
My batarian soldier build:
I skip blade armor cause its simply crap compared to the other skills, also gives nice cooldown on ballistic blades
I went radius on 4th and radius on 6th evo in inferno grenades, trying to set up fire explosions with as many targets as i can hit.

narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#10MDOPJT9@0EEIO
My human soldier build:
Claymore soldier focused on insta reload as much as possible (hence the melee dmg on  the 5th AR evo, instead of duration)
Dmg reduction by 40% is just awesome and the 100% slieds works really great with cyclonic modulator III
Basically you have 100% shields from CM III, 100% from AR, and 20% from stronghold package...thats some insane number
I took 3 points on concusive shot just so i can use it as a panic button cause you can get punished hard on gold if you miss you claymore shot.
Plus works really well if you, lets say there is a cerberus troop in cover in front of you and an atlas on the right, you CS him a few times then he comes out of cover cause of the stagger then bam...claymore in the face
Also for those annoying husk.

narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#34RAOPPB0T9FECC
My vorcha sentinel build:
I dont like flamer, simple as that..cluster works well if there is at least 1 biotic on your team
2 weapons since i dont have any skills for cooldowns.
Martial Artist on the 5th evo on fitness since vorcha never have shields up anyway

narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#44FNNPFT9@0PEIC
My Quarian Male Infiltrator build:
I play the MQI kinda like  a hit-and-run scout
4 points on cloak since i dont use sniper
Max Tactical scan with area scan evo, i cant even describe how usefull this is especially when you defent a teamate with the delivery objective
You can cloak, scout the way ahead of him, if many enemies too close, throw a scan so he ll notice them and go the other way around.
Arc grenades have some huge base radius so i go full dmg and bleed effect so i can set up tech burst for teamates
Remember that full out dmg spec and the 40% dmg bonus from the cloak does some insane dmg, and here comes the hit and run thingie
I usually cloak , rush to a spawn point, throw my crap, get a killstreak and make the wave easier for my team
Claymore as a weapons because, its simply the best weapon ingame

Edited by dddawda, 26 June 2012 - 03:29 PM.

Warden Kuril

Warden Kuril
  • Members
  • 68 posts
Here's the turian soldier build I like to use:

6/3/6/5/6

Marksman and Proxy mine are both important to max, and for Marksman, I go with Accuracy/Headshots/Acc. + Firing Rate for this particular guy, though this is largely due to the weapon I use with him. For Proxy Mine, I use Radius/Damage Taken/Recharge. I prefer the high rate of recharge to the extra damage because prox mine isn't really a 'kill' ability unless you're playing on Bronze. It's meant to stagger enemies and get them to take higher damage from your weapons. Higher recharge allows you to fire off a mine at a group, and a few seconds later switch on Marksman.

Now, for Concussive Shot, I actually put 3 levels in. I know a lot of TS players ignore it, but I think it's a worthwhile ability, for pushing back unshielded enemies. The effect it has on Phantoms once you knock down their shields is reason enough to put points into it, imo.

Now, for the final two, I've tried this with both the Passive and Fitness maxed, and I've decided that Fitness is preferable, even if you have to take the hit in terms of damage. You're already doing a hell of a lot with your TS whenever Marksman is activated, and as many people here have said, the TS suffers from issues in terms of being relatively squishier than other classes. Fitness maxed for shields and health makes him a viable Gold character. If he was 'tweaked' so that his shields and health became stronger, I'd definitely go with maxing the passive, but for now, every bit of health/shields you can squeeze out of him helps for Gold, especially since you're not going to be able to roll/move around like other chars.

Now, for weapons, the Hurricane and Harrier would both be great choices, but my personal favorite is the Talon. Put a scope and a piercing mod on a Talon, and you essentially have a shotgun-pistol sniper with a high rate of recharge. Nothing beats getting headshots on Guardians, through their shields, from across the map with a Talon, or taking down a whole group of Brutes before they close with your squad. Cryo Ammo does wonders against Cerberus, and AP is what you want to use against Reapers and Geth.

He takes some getting used to if you play as a maneuverable class, but if you get good with him, the TS can do more than hold his own on Gold.

Edited by Warden Kuril, 26 June 2012 - 03:52 PM.

mpompeo27

mpompeo27
  • Members
  • 1,834 posts

lordshenlong wrote...

mpompeo27 wrote...

lordshenlong wrote...

nah it doesn't suit me, i don't like powers that don't do anything offensive really, i don't like pressing the AR button when i wanted the CS button, so if i don't spec it, i don't press it.

Doesn't do anything offensively? It gives you a 70% weapon damage boost and instantly reloads your weapon. No AR on a Human Soldier is equivalent to no Tac Cloak on an Infiltrator. Sure you can play well without it, but speccing out of it significantly limits your offensive potential. Also, the rank 6 shield boost will save your life in many situations. The beautiful thing here is we get two human soldiers so why not spec one with it and one without? After a short learning curve I think you'll see how much better it is.