Photo

So, I made a thing... (a manifest completion badge)

• Please log in to reply
528 replies to this topic

GuyBlade

GuyBlade
  • Members
  • 235 posts

For a while now, I've been fiddling around with a tool to do automated audits of multiplayer manifests and make useful (if asthetically boring) badges from the info. It seems to be working well enough now, so I thought I might share it with the community.

The badges:

Percentage Completion:
badge.png

This just gives the percentage of each Weapon, weapon Modification, Character, and Gear. I'll note that, due to the size of the circles and the number of pixels available, they might be off by as much as 3%.

Preparedness:
badge.png

Things are green if you have enough to enter a mission with a full loadout of the consumable. They're red if you're out of that consumable. They're yellow if you have some, but not enough. Though (at the moment that I'm posting this) mine are all green, I'm actually a crappy player who uses too much medigel, so I usually have a wonderful red cross on it...

Expected packs to completion:
badge.png

This tells you the expected number of packs until you've unlocked all of the rare (gold) level items. It also happily reports the number of credits it would take and the number of US dollars you'd need to do it. There's obviously some maths going on here and statistical estimation, so I wouldn't take it as the definitive number, but I think it is interesting nonetheless.

Weapon levels:
badge.png
Show your weapon levels graphically.

Promotion Distribution:
badge.png
Shows your current N7 level in the foreground and the distribution of promotions in the background. Adept promotions are blue, soldiers are red, engineers are orange, sentinels green, infiltrators grey, and vanguards purple.

Challenge Completion:
badge.png
Shows how far along you are in completing each of your challenges. Silver are the sub-challenges, gold are the challenges that (nominally) have an associated banner. The gold also includes missable weekend challenges that have banners.

Uber Badge:
badge.png
A choice selection of the other badges smashed into one image so more can fit in your signature.

Unlock Efficacy:
badge.png
An estimation of your efficiency at unlocking rare and ultarare items based on your playtime and manifest state. This is also the most depressing badge.

Weekend Challenge Completion:
badge.png
Gold stars are good, grey stars are bad.

Anyway, if you want to get your own badge(s), I have a page that generates them here:

http://www.blade.io/me3/

Edit: They were down for a while, but now they're back!

Edit: They were down again, but they're back again.

Edited by GuyBlade, 28 October 2015 - 12:41 AM.

GuyBlade

GuyBlade
  • Members
  • 235 posts
FAQ:

How do I link the image in my profile?

[*img]your image url[*/img]

Remove the stars and it'll work

Why don't I have blue circles?

That happens when my poller can't pull your data for whatever reason. If your profile is set to private, I can't generate an image. There may be other reasons that I can't pull your data, but I don't really know what they all are, yet.

Hey, I heard you have a cool website where you review video games.

That's not a question. Though if you're interested, it's called One-Factorial.

Wait, nobody asked that question!

That's not a question either.

Why does my badge have your name in it now?

When Bioware did the big stats system update after the Retaliation DLC, my stats polling and parsing system had to be updated. Unfortunately, this made all of the old badge have invalid parameters. They now load the default user information, which happens to be mine. TLDR: just go get new image links.

Edited by GuyBlade, 11 October 2012 - 02:35 AM.

Blackest_Knight

Blackest_Knight
  • Members
  • 201 posts
Neat idea. You have the names for color schemes, and the color schemes mixed compared to the implied. White on Black implies White text on a Black background, and vice versa.

I personally don't think the consumables one is all that useful due to how slow the manifest updates. I.e. I got Demolisher over 24hrs ago, but it only showed up in the past 5 minutes.

Be really cool if this got added into the Manifest Detailer, to give a quick rundown of a person's full manifest.

mybudgee

mybudgee
  • Members
  • 23,036 posts
Just tried it...

Pyth the Bull

Pyth the Bull
  • Members
  • 2,485 posts
Haha, very retro.

GuyBlade

GuyBlade
  • Members
  • 235 posts
@Blackest_Knight Put together the whole thing and I manage to miss the glaringly obvious. Good catch, I've fixed it.

What do you mean when you say "Manifest Detailer"?

Blackest_Knight

Blackest_Knight
  • Members
  • 201 posts
Not sure if it's working though? My sig seems to take the img format in the viewer but not in the actual forums?

Edit: No, it works now... weird, but ok!

As for the detailer... ahh lemme see if I can get the link.

Edited by Blackest_Knight, 30 August 2012 - 04:19 AM.

GuyBlade

GuyBlade
  • Members
  • 235 posts
@Pyth the Bull: Yeah, I'm not super artistic, so I thought minimal would be less likely to offend the senses of others.:whistle:

Edited by GuyBlade, 30 August 2012 - 04:20 AM.

DJPenguin

DJPenguin
  • Members
  • 67 posts
that's a lot of deformed multi colored pac men

Edited by DJPenguin, 30 August 2012 - 04:21 AM.

GuyBlade

GuyBlade
  • Members
  • 235 posts
@DJPenguin: It was inoperable by the time they found the tumor is Pac-man. He's survived by his wife, Ms. Pac-Man and two pac-children.

Blackest_Knight

Blackest_Knight
  • Members
  • 201 posts
The forum thread isn't showing up but heres a link to the actual project:
http://userscripts.o...pts/show/137260

Edited by Blackest_Knight, 30 August 2012 - 04:23 AM.

Pyth the Bull

Pyth the Bull
  • Members
  • 2,485 posts

GuyBlade wrote...

@Pyth the Bull: Yeah, I'm not super artistic, so I thought minimal would be less likely to offend the senses of others.:whistle:

I like it.

CrossKaiser

CrossKaiser
  • Members
  • 282 posts
This is amazing!

Dein Justin

Dein Justin
  • Members
  • 163 posts
Cool...now I have to look like a complete noob with my manifest. lol. At least I have that countdown sig to look forward to. :)

Daveros

Daveros
  • Members
  • 569 posts
I'm quite taken with this, from an ingenuity level if nothing else. Thank you, and well done.

Distilled Poison

Distilled Poison
  • Members
  • 1,361 posts
Slightly confused as to why my consumables are red, but otherwise, very cool.

Dein Justin

Dein Justin
  • Members
  • 163 posts

Dein Justin wrote...

Cool...now I have to look like a complete noob with my manifest. lol. At least I have that countdown sig to look forward to. :)

Failed attempt at sig-ging..how do you sig? 
:(

GuyBlade

GuyBlade
  • Members
  • 235 posts
@Distilled Poison: My guess is that it isn't properly pulling your data. If you have more than one manifest, it preferentially chooses PC. I was aware of this possibly being an issue, but wasn't sure if it was common enough to write a fix for it...

GuyBlade

GuyBlade
  • Members
  • 235 posts
 @Justin Dien: Surround the link with square brackets containing img and /img respectively.

Distilled Poison

Distilled Poison
  • Members
  • 1,361 posts
Ah, I see. Weird that it'd get 2/3 of the data from the right manifest. Or maybe not, I'm no programmer.

GuyBlade

GuyBlade
  • Members
  • 235 posts
@Distilled Poison: At least I know it happens and someone that it happens to, that means that I can fix it and have test data I can check it against.

Dein Justin

Dein Justin
  • Members
  • 163 posts

GuyBlade wrote...

@Justin Dien: Surround the link with square brackets containing img and /img respectively.

Thanks! Now let the grind begin!! 199 PSPs to go :pinched:

BouncyFrag

BouncyFrag
  • Members
  • 5,048 posts
nice!!

Rokayt

Rokayt
  • Members
  • 5,990 posts
http://www.blade.io/...828&invert

HERE me be.

http://www.blade.io/...828&invert

Here is my slacking.

Edited by Rokayt, 30 August 2012 - 08:30 AM.

IamDanThaMan

IamDanThaMan
  • Members
  • 282 posts

GuyBlade wrote...

@Distilled Poison: At least I know it happens and someone that it happens to, that means that I can fix it and have test data I can check it against.

Mine does the same thing. I have 255 of everything right now and it is showing red for all of them.

http://www.blade.io/...71384759

Also, this last one seems unlikely. I have all rare weapons and characters maxed, now I mostly get Level 4 consumables, so my drop rate of the rare gears is much lower than 1.8 per pack. though I doubt there is much you could do about that.

Edited by IamDanThaMan, 30 August 2012 - 05:23 AM.