Photo

Challenge system / N7HQ - Question and Answer

1050 replies to this topic

Bryan Johnson

Bryan Johnson
  • BioWare Employees
  • 4,033 posts
Hello,

I am going to try and compile an FAQ for the challenge system so please keep it on topic and questions about the challenge system and I will do my best to answer the questions and keep them organized for people to see information.

Here is a blog post by Nathan Plewes describing what the challenge system is.

If you wish to add a link to your mainfest in your signature block, a helpful fan has provided instructions in a thread linked here.

Also I can not comment on anything that is future, this is only for what is currently there.

QHow do I unlock banners?
A: Completing the gold level of a challenge

Q: Do assists count?
A: Yes they count for both kills and assists for any point based challenges

Q: Are there any rewards for challenge points except banners? And names i think?
A: Those are the only current rewards

Q: Will weekend promotions run on the challenge system?
A: Yes that is the design

Q: Will there be promotional challenges that are only open for a short amount of time?
A: Thats the plan

Q: My account doesnt display the right Origin ID/GT/PSN ID under the N7 HQ.
A: Click on activate online accounts inside my games

Q: Why isnt <X> in the challenge system?
A: Some abilities don't work well with the challenge system so they arent part of

Q: Why isnt <X> gun in the challenge system?
A: We may add them later you'll have to wait and see

Q: Why isnt the challenges retroactive?
A: To give everyone an equal footing and there was no way to keep track retroactively?

Q: Why does it show that I dont have achievements for DLC?
A: We are looking into this

Q: Resurgence doesn't show up as a weekend challenge 
A: Technically resurgence only required you to have the dlc installed, it used a different system we are looking at a way to display it for people but as of right now it is expected you dont have it

Edited by Bryan Johnson, 12 October 2012 - 03:42 PM.

Bryan Johnson

Bryan Johnson
  • BioWare Employees
  • 4,033 posts
Be sure to check out the N7 HQ site – a companion to the latest Mass Effect 3 update and multiplayer pack (Retaliation) featuring the new MP challenge system.  

In addition to the already available Galaxy at War information, you can now also see your (near) real-time progress towards the challenges, which characters you’ve unlocked, view your friends’ progress, and more.

N7HQ

Edited by Chris Priestly, 09 October 2012 - 11:35 PM.

IllusiveManJr

IllusiveManJr
  • Members
  • 12,265 posts
Awesome of you to do this.

JerZey CJ

JerZey CJ
  • Members
  • 2,841 posts
How do I get banners with the challenge points?

Jamofend

Jamofend
  • Members
  • 586 posts
Are there any rewards for challenge points except banners? And names i think?

VaultingFrog

VaultingFrog
  • Members
  • 3,251 posts
Do the damage tallies for powers include damage done to an enemy even if you dont get that particular kill, just an assist?

Bryan Johnson

Bryan Johnson
  • BioWare Employees
  • 4,033 posts

Jamofend wrote...

Those are the only current rewards

spaceling

spaceling
  • Members
  • 1,468 posts
1) What is it and how does it work?

Bryan Johnson

Bryan Johnson
  • BioWare Employees
  • 4,033 posts

VaultingFrog wrote...

Do the damage tallies for powers include damage done to an enemy even if you dont get that particular kill, just an assist?

You will recieve points for both assist and kills, it is based on the damage done (with other modifiers for the person who killed) difficulty also affects points

-Sxx-

-Sxx-
  • Members
  • 1,271 posts
Any plans to include appearance rewards such as additional camos, colours, armours for some challenges?

Edited by Dest1ny, 09 October 2012 - 09:01 PM.

Bryan Johnson

Bryan Johnson
  • BioWare Employees
  • 4,033 posts

JerZeyCJ2 wrote...

How do I get banners with the challenge points?

The challenge points and the banners are 2 seperate things, when you complete a gold level challenge you will be able to set your banner

Bryan Johnson

Bryan Johnson
  • BioWare Employees
  • 4,033 posts

Dest1ny wrote...

Any plans to include appearance rewards such as additional camos, colours, armours for some challenges?

That is not possible with the current content we have available because the colours etc. dont exist on disc or in the DLC

regack

regack
  • Members
  • 1,134 posts

Bryan Johnson wrote...

Jamofend wrote...

Does your response imply that future rewards (which are as yet undisclosed) are likely?

Lykurgos88

Lykurgos88
  • Members
  • 96 posts
Why is N7 Slayer's power called Phase Disruptor missing from the Mastery challenge list or did I miss something? I presumed all Biotic & Tech powers were supposed to be listed as challenges.

VaultingFrog

VaultingFrog
  • Members
  • 3,251 posts
Thanks, one more thing. I am not sure I understand the different levels of commondations. IE the Collector Trooper Kill 1 then Collector Trooper Kill 2....ect. What is the difference?

Bryan Johnson

Bryan Johnson
  • BioWare Employees
  • 4,033 posts

regack wrote...

Bryan Johnson wrote...

Jamofend wrote...

Does your response imply that future rewards (which are as yet undisclosed) are likely?

I can not comment about future plans, wether they exist or not sorry, under an NDA

mykejm

mykejm
  • Members
  • 578 posts
Are the new weekend ops tied into the challenge system? If so, how?

Bryan Johnson

Bryan Johnson
  • BioWare Employees
  • 4,033 posts

Lykurgos88 wrote...

Why is N7 Slayer's power called Phase Disruptor missing from the Mastery challenge list or did I miss something? I presumed all Biotic & Tech powers were supposed to be listed as challenges.

Some powers and abilities are not used in the challenge system because they were not able to be tracked in a particularly good way.

Ollie1024

Ollie1024
  • Members
  • 24 posts
What about weekend operations? I read somewhere that with this new system packs will drop immediately is this true?

-Sxx-

-Sxx-
  • Members
  • 1,271 posts

Bryan Johnson wrote...

Dest1ny wrote...

That is not possible with the current content we have available because the colours etc. dont exist on disc or in the DLC

Ah, then what about the armours that are on SP? Or is that something that still can't be accessed?

Bryan Johnson

Bryan Johnson
  • BioWare Employees
  • 4,033 posts

VaultingFrog wrote...

Thanks, one more thing. I am not sure I understand the different levels of commondations. IE the Collector Trooper Kill 1 then Collector Trooper Kill 2....ect. What is the difference?

For those ones we just wanted to have mutliple levels as opposed to having to grind out husks for example.

Bryan Johnson

Bryan Johnson
  • BioWare Employees
  • 4,033 posts

Dest1ny wrote...

Bryan Johnson wrote...

Dest1ny wrote...

Ah, then what about the armours that are on SP? Or is that something that still can't be accessed?

Not possible either

Kaizer88

Kaizer88
  • Members
  • 61 posts
What sort of customizations are you hoping to add further down the line? What banners/customizations will you personally be sporting?

Lykurgos88

Lykurgos88
  • Members
  • 96 posts

Bryan Johnson wrote...

Lykurgos88 wrote...

Some powers and abilities are not used in the challenge system because they were not able to be tracked in a particularly good way.

Well that's a shame since Phase Disruptor is still my favorite power ever and I score the highest points with it. Well I guess I'll have to change class to get at least some challenges unlocked :/

VaultingFrog

VaultingFrog
  • Members
  • 3,251 posts

Bryan Johnson wrote...

VaultingFrog wrote...

For those ones we just wanted to have mutliple levels as opposed to having to grind out husks for example.

So for instance you kill a Collector Trooper in Bronze and it will only reflect in the #1 list while if you kill one in silver it will be reflected in the #2 list?