Photo

ME3 Weapon/Build/Consumable Calculator: Time to Kill every enemy with your setup

• Please log in to reply
172 replies to this topic

Tybo

Tybo
  • Members
  • 1,294 posts
EDIT:  Anyone who downloaded this calculator before it had version data should re-download it.  There is now a reference cell which will tell you when the calculator is out of date and needs to be updated through re-downloading.

Over the past few days I've been making a calculator to help me optimize my builds and weapon usage.   Using a template made by Grimy_Bunyip a long time ago, I made an interactive damage calculator.  With it, you can choose any class, combination of power evolutions, weapon, equipment, difficulty,and mods.  It will show you how much damage you will do per shot.

But that's not all.  I've included the most important weapon stat of all:  Time to kill.  With this calculator, you can see how many shots and how long it will take you, reloads included, to kill any enemy on any difficulty.  It calculates this for both headshots and bodyshots.

This is what it looks like:

Posted Image
If you'd like to use this yourself, simply click on the link below:

https://docs.google....vTEJ5d1E#gid=17

When you load up the doc, simply select File > Make a Copy.  This will give you a copy of your own to tinker with.  It also needs a few tiny updates.  It currently does not properly decrease the mag size of the Collector Sniper and SMG with level but assumes max level.  It also allows the user to put any combination of legit mods on a gun (e.g., can add both the Pistol Heavy Barrel and Pistol High Caliber Barrel at the same time).  However, to the best of my knowledge, it calculates everything else properly.  

Please report any bugs or errors you see, so I can make this work better.

Much thanks to tthw, who served as my beta tester.

EDIT:  As pointed out by Lord_Sirian, I should figure out a way to incorporate bursting ravager sacs/ scion shoulder/atlas plates.

EDIT 2:  Also from Lord_Sirian, this calculator assumes that TC is always active.  In practice, it can get pretty close to that, especially with slow RoF weapons.  However, this is another bug to address.

EDIT 3:  Atlases will also go down quicker than this with piercing due to the double/triple hit glitch.  However, I decided not to include this in the calculator at the moment due to the fact that you can do double with 1 headshot, or double without a headshot, or triple.  If there is enough demand, I can set these up though.

EDIT 4:  Also note that, when using the SMG Heat sink, I used the average number of shots you would gain and increased the mag size by that much.  The Heat sink doesn't work on the CSMG as well, but in this calculator it will show a gain for it.

EDIT 5: Added missing gear.  Reworked the spreadsheet so that I can update weapon stats and skill stats without the user needing to re copy the spreadsheet.  

EDIT 6:  Next planned update:  Melee damage table and toggle for the breakable enemy parts (ravager sacs, atlas plates, scion shoulder)  Feel free to suggest anything you would like to see

EDIT 7:  Anyone who copied this should now make a new copy.  I've included version numbers to tell you when you need to make a new copy for the latest functions/bug fixes.

EDIT 8:  Added variable magazine sizes for the CSMG and CSR.  Added variable capacity for all weapons with level.  Made Heat Sink increase total ammo capacity (again)

EDIT 9:  Added in appropriate refire times for charge up weapons, added variable mag size for the PPR, added extra slugs for the arc pistol, accounted for fire delay on reegar and Javelin

Edited by tyhw, 18 December 2012 - 07:51 PM.

• Alfonsedode, Terminator Force and path0geN7 like this

IllusiveManJr

IllusiveManJr
  • Members
  • 12,265 posts
DPS... Damage Per Second or Damage Per Shot?

Guest_Lord_Sirian_*

Guest_Lord_Sirian_*
  • Guests
I KNEW ABOUT THIS BEFORE IT WENT MAINSTREAM!

Nice work. :D

BjornDaDwarf

BjornDaDwarf
  • Members
  • 3,729 posts
Holy spreadsheets Batman! That's awesome.

UKStory135

UKStory135
  • Members
  • 3,954 posts
That is really cool! Good job OP. A few things IMHO that DPS fail to account for is the ability to OSOK an enemy, whether that damage is spread over an area as opposed to just one target, and a guns cycle time (the time it takes to empty a clip + reload) in relation to power cooldowns. Something like this is really helpful for comparing SR's, where DPS does not tell the whole story.

Tybo

Tybo
  • Members
  • 1,294 posts

theillusiveman11 wrote...

DPS... Damage Per Second or Damage Per Shot?

Well, I meant Damage per Second.  That's why I excluded it from this spreadsheet

tthw

tthw
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Lord_Sirian wrote...

I KNEW ABOUT THIS BEFORE IT WENT MAINSTREAM!

Nice work. :D

What a hipster...... 

sy7ar

sy7ar
  • Members
  • 1,089 posts
except.. it never went mainstream. there're lazy ppl like me ;p

so how come "make a copy" is grayed out?

Guest_Lord_Sirian_*

Guest_Lord_Sirian_*
  • Guests

sy7ar wrote...

It isn't for me. :unsure:

Tybo

Tybo
  • Members
  • 1,294 posts

sy7ar wrote...

I think you need to be signed in to a google account to make a copy.  If you don't have one and don't want to sign up for one, you can download it as an excel spreadsheet.  However, I'm not entirely sure that it will translate properly.  I'm going to go see if it works as an excel spreadsheet now.

sy7ar

sy7ar
  • Members
  • 1,089 posts
ah I see, im always in my gmail so I assumed the same for doc, I can now thx.

Shampoohorn

Shampoohorn
  • Members
  • 5,861 posts
Thanks for the tool. Much appreciated.

Switched the Javelin to Reegar on your master sheet (including weapon specific mods) and apparently it takes Cloaked GI 1.18 seconds to kill a Gold Atlas with body shots. I would have believed 3 seconds, but 1.18 seems a touch fast. :D

AaronEh

AaronEh
  • Members
  • 415 posts
Good stuff - thanks!

Topographer

Topographer
  • Members
  • 1,213 posts
Whoa! That's some amazing work you've done. Will use.

Tybo

Tybo
  • Members
  • 1,294 posts

Shampoohorn wrote...

Switched the Javelin to Reegar on your master sheet (including weapon specific mods) and apparently it takes Cloaked GI 1.18 seconds to kill a Gold Atlas with body shots. I would have believed 3 seconds, but 1.18 seems a touch fast. :D

Does seem fast to me as well.  I'm looking into it.

sy7ar

sy7ar
  • Members
  • 1,089 posts

tyhw wrote...

Shampoohorn wrote...

Yeah I don't think GI can one clip atlas with reegar and one clip of reegar takes like 3 secs. 

Tybo

Tybo
  • Members
  • 1,294 posts

tyhw wrote...

Shampoohorn wrote...

Ran the numbers manually and it checks out.  The problem is that the Reegar, as peddroelmz has detailed, has terrible hit detection. If every pellet the Reegar fired hit the target, this would work, but in practice, even against an Atlas at point blank, many pellets miss.  Then, once you have to reload, the time would spike.

bondiboy

bondiboy
  • Members
  • 2,815 posts
Great work . Will check it out

Jaze55

Jaze55
  • Members
  • 1,071 posts
Nice, thanks a lot.

Jay_Hoxtatron

Jay_Hoxtatron
  • Members
  • 3,324 posts
Nice job! You numbers for the Phantoms might not check out though, with their DR.

Guest_Lord_Sirian_*

Guest_Lord_Sirian_*
  • Guests

Jay_Hoxtatron wrote...

Nice job! You numbers for the Phantoms might not check out though, with their DR.

Well just assume that if the Phantom is flipping, (or moving if you're on host) then any weapon will take ~infinite shots to kill it.

Tybo

Tybo
  • Members
  • 1,294 posts

Lord_Sirian wrote...

Jay_Hoxtatron wrote...

Well just assume that if the Phantom is flipping, (or moving if you're on host) then any weapon will take ~infinite shots to kill it.

Haha.

Yeah, I didn't include phantom DR.  Good idea, I'll include a row for phantoms with movement DR for the next update.

ISHYGDDT

ISHYGDDT
  • Members
  • 6,930 posts
Very nice.  So I played around with the calculator a bit, are you sure Ravagers don't have headshot bonuses?

Edited by ISHYGDDT, 27 November 2012 - 12:35 AM.

UnknownMercenary

UnknownMercenary
  • Members
  • 5,547 posts
It's great that this got updated. Nice work!

Zjarcal

Zjarcal
  • Members
  • 10,836 posts

Lord_Sirian wrote...

Jay_Hoxtatron wrote...

So true. :pinched:

Excellent work OP! Definitely gonna be using this a lot (especially since the manifest app is very outdated right now).