Photo

Movement Speed data for all races and classes

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

BlooShinja

BlooShinja
  • Members
  • 29 posts
I finally got ME3 for PC, so I've been poking around in the files a bit. I've been trying to find data for the base movement speeds for each of the classes. I think I found it.

Basic Movement Speeds (for most races and classes)
AccelRate: 1500
AirSpeed: 1000
CombatGroundSpeed: 350
CombatWalkSpeed: 130
CoverCrouchGroundSpeed: 400
CoverGroundSpeed: 375
StormSpeed: 700

Batarian Brawler
Batarian Sentinel
Batarian Slasher
Batarian Soldier

AccelRate: 1000 (-500)
CombatWalkSpeed: 330 (+200)
CoverCrouchGroundSpeed: 350 (-50)
CoverGroundSpeed: 350 (-25)
StormSpeed: 800 (+100)
StormSpeedScale: 1
StormSpeedScaleTime: 3
StormStartSpeed: 0.5

Drell Adept
Drell Assassin
Drell Vanguard

AccelRate: 2500 (+1000)
AirSpeed: 600 (-400)
CombatGroundSpeed: 400 (+50)
CombatWalkSpeed: 100 (-30)
CoverCrouchGroundSpeed: 425 (+25)
CoverGroundSpeed: 400 (+25)
StormSpeed: 750 (+50)

Krogan Battlemaster
Krogan Sentinel
Krogan Shaman
Krogan Soldier

AccelRate: 800 (-700)
CombatGroundSpeed: 300 (-50)
CombatWalkSpeed: 250 (+120)
CoverCrouchGroundSpeed: 300 (-100)
CoverGroundSpeed: 300 (-75)
StormSpeed: 800 (+100)
StormSpeedScale: 1
StormSpeedScaleTime: 3
StormStartSpeed: 0.5

N7 Destroyer
Accel Rate: 800 (-700)
CombatGroundSpeed: 320 (-30)
CombatWalkSpeed: 290 (+160)
CoverCrouchGroundSpeed: 300 (-100)
CoverGroundSpeed: 320 (-55)

Turian Ghost
Turian Havoc
Turian Saboteur

Turian Sentinel
Turian Soldier

CombatGroundSpeed: 325 (-25)
CombatWalkSpeed: 150 (+20)
CoverCrouchGroundSpeed: 375 (-25)
StormSpeed: 650 (-50)

Volus Adept
Volus Engineer
Volus Mercenary
Volus Protector

StormSpeed: 750 (+50)

Vorcha Sentinel
Vorcha Soldier

AccelRate: 800 (-700)
CombatGroundSpeed: 340 (-10)
CombatWalkSpeed: 150 (+20)
CoverCrouchGroundSpeed: 340 (-60)
CoverGroundSpeed: 340 (-35)
StormSpeed: 595 (-105)

NOTE: Vorcha Hunter has normal human speeds, not decreased Vorcha speeds.

Edited by BlooShinja, 19 December 2012 - 11:53 PM.

• Terminator Force, LuckyStarr and Portalbendarwinden like this

poonts

poonts
  • Members
  • 865 posts
awesome... but can you explain the meanings of less obvious speeds like 'storm speed'

BlooShinja

BlooShinja
  • Members
  • 29 posts

poonts wrote...

awesome... but can you explain the meanings of less obvious speeds like 'storm speed'

StormSpeed is how fast you run when you're holding down the run button (spacebar, A, X). I have no idea what AirSpeed is.

IndigoVitare

IndigoVitare
  • Members
  • 1,153 posts

poonts wrote...

"Storm" is what they called running in ME1.

Deerber

Deerber
  • Members
  • 16,822 posts

poonts wrote...

Storm speed is the speed while you're running, I believe.

Anyway, I was about to post your same reply. Thanks for sharing, but could you enlighten us about what do some of them mean? :lol:

BridgeBurner

BridgeBurner
  • Members
  • 7,317 posts

poonts wrote...

Storming is sprinting.

You are "storming forward".

BlooShinja

BlooShinja
  • Members
  • 29 posts
My guess for how the StormSpeed works for Batarians and Krogan is that they start at 400 (0.5 x their full speed). Then over 3 seconds, they build up to 800. Does that sound about right to people who spend a lot of time running around as those two races?

BridgeBurner

BridgeBurner
  • Members
  • 7,317 posts

BlooShinja wrote...

poonts wrote...

StormSpeed is how fast you run when you're holding down the run button (spacebar, A, X). I have no idea what AirSpeed is.

Airspeed looks as if it only applies to drell and vorcha, who have a "dodge" move that causes them to be in the air (Drell flips, vorcha scuttle) .

My guess is that is the air speed that is referred to; its how fast their dodge covers the "ground" (or air).

I_pity_the_fool

I_pity_the_fool
  • Members
  • 370 posts
Distances in the coalesced files are typically in centimeters. I don't know if that helps.
  • Portalbendarwinden likes this

BridgeBurner

BridgeBurner
  • Members
  • 7,317 posts

BlooShinja wrote...

My guess for how the StormSpeed works for Batarians and Krogan is that they start at 400 (0.5 x their full speed). Then over 3 seconds, they build up to 800. Does that sound about right to people who spend a lot of time running around as those two races?

I play a lot of krogan and batarians, and they always seemed significantly faster than everything else (perhaps not drell), never given much thought as to how long it takes them to reach their max storm speed; though now that I think of it it seems about right.

Edited by Annomander, 07 December 2012 - 06:52 PM.

I_pity_the_fool

I_pity_the_fool
  • Members
  • 370 posts

Annomander wrote...

BlooShinja wrote...

poonts wrote...

Airspeed looks as if it only applies to drell and vorcha, who have a "dodge" move that causes them to be in the air (Drell flips, vorcha scuttle) .

My guess is that is the air speed that is referred to; its how fast their dodge covers the "ground" (or air).

If that's true, why do Turian sentinels have airspeed?

Edited by I_pity_the_fool, 07 December 2012 - 06:51 PM.

BridgeBurner

BridgeBurner
  • Members
  • 7,317 posts

I_pity_the_fool wrote...

Biower likes taunting turians.

Muhahahahahaha.....!

EDIT: "Combat walk speed" is the speed your character moves at while firing by the looks of it: both batarians and krogan suffer very little penalty for firing while moving, wheras other PUNY races suffer a far steeper penalty.

Edited by Annomander, 07 December 2012 - 06:55 PM.

BlooShinja

BlooShinja
  • Members
  • 29 posts
The only time you're really in the air on multiplayer is when you drop off a ledge. It's also strange that AirSpeed is lower for the Drell than the base AirSpeed. I think maybe AirSpeed and CombatWalkSpeed are both inverted, so I lower number is faster. All the slow characters have high CombatWalkSpeed.

BlooShinja

BlooShinja
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Annomander wrote...

I_pity_the_fool wrote...

Biower likes taunting turians.

Muhahahahahaha.....!

EDIT: "Combat walk speed" is the speed your character moves at while firing by the looks of it: both batarians and krogan suffer very little penalty for firing while moving, wheras other PUNY races suffer a far steeper penalty.

You might be right with your theory about CombatWalkSpeed. There is another value called TightAimGroundSpeed that is only set at the very base level, and isn't modified for any individual character. It's set at 130, which is the same as the default CombatWalkSpeed. Maybe they threw away that value and used CombatWalkSpeed for multiplayer. And that explains why big slow guys still have a high CombatWalkSpeed.

I_pity_the_fool

I_pity_the_fool
  • Members
  • 370 posts
The OP is truly a prince among men for finding us this information.

Where is it, if I may ask? I imagine it's not in coalesced.ini. I can't find a mention of 'stormspeed' in there.

Tybo

Tybo
  • Members
  • 1,294 posts
Wow, nice work BlooShinja.

BlooShinja

BlooShinja
  • Members
  • 29 posts

I_pity_the_fool wrote...

Where is it, if I may ask? I imagine it's not in coalesced.ini. I can't find a mention of 'stormspeed' in there.

It's in a lot of different places. The base information was in some common or global .pcc file that I can't seem to locate right now. The definitions were in the Default__BioPawn and Default__SFXPawn_PlayerParty records. The class-specific info was in the class-specific .pcc files (e.g. Drell_Infiltrator_MP.pcc) either under the Default__SFXPawn record for that specific class or the archetype record. Some of the Krogan have a shared SFXPawn_Krogan_MP record that has movement speed data, and some of them have it listed individually in their own record.

If it's important, I can track down exactly where each value comes from.

I_pity_the_fool

I_pity_the_fool
  • Members
  • 370 posts

BlooShinja wrote...

I_pity_the_fool wrote...

It's in a lot of different places. The base information was in some common or global .pcc file that I can't seem to locate right now. The definitions were in the Default__BioPawn and Default__SFXPawn_PlayerParty records. The class-specific info was in the class-specific .pcc files (e.g. Drell_Infiltrator_MP.pcc) either under the Default__SFXPawn record for that specific class or the archetype record. Some of the Krogan have a shared SFXPawn_Krogan_MP record that has movement speed data, and some of them have it listed individually in their own record.

If it's important, I can track down exactly where each value comes from.

Hmmm. If race movement data is not in the coalesced file, and bioware can change race movement in the balance changes (we've seen a couple of examples of this), then bioware can change settings which aren't in coalesced.

That is new information, afaik.

lightswitch

lightswitch
  • Members
  • 3,664 posts
So the Krogans and the Batarians are faster than the Drell? That...doesn't seem right.

SavagelyEpic

SavagelyEpic
  • Members
  • 3,734 posts

lightswitch wrote...

So the Krogans and the Batarians are faster than the Drell? That...doesn't seem right.

I'd imagine those are base values, so not accounting for movement speed evos in their fitness tree.

BlooShinja

BlooShinja
  • Members
  • 29 posts

SavagelyEpic wrote...

lightswitch wrote...

I'd imagine those are base values, so not accounting for movement speed evos in their fitness tree.

They are base values, not accounting for speed evos in the Fitness tree or other powers that increase movement speed.

But even at the base values, the drell are quite a bit faster than the krogan and batarians. CombatGroundSpeed is the main movement speed, and I assume that the higher acceleration of the drell makes them feel much speedier as well. If a krogan or batarian has room to sprint for a few seconds, it can technically get to a higher top speed than a drell. But I don't think that makes them faster.

If you max a drell's movement speed through powers and equipment, you can make their normal movement speed be almost as fast as one of the base turian's sprint speed. I wonder if that would be too fast to play effectively...

BlackbirdSR-71C

BlackbirdSR-71C
  • Members
  • 1,516 posts
AirSpeed = Speed while falling?

Not the speed at which you move forward while falling, but the time it takes you to reach the ground. Always seemed lower for Krogans and Batarians.

Edited by BlackbirdSR-71C, 08 December 2012 - 08:46 PM.

painforest

painforest
  • Members
  • 1,475 posts
Maybe people will stop complaining about how "slow" batarians are after seeing these numbers. Dat StormSpeed

Homey C-Dawg

Homey C-Dawg
  • Members
  • 7,498 posts
What are the numbers in parentheses?

I_pity_the_fool

I_pity_the_fool
  • Members
  • 370 posts

Homey C-Dawg wrote...

What are the numbers in parentheses?

Seems to be how much they vary from the base movement speed.