Photo

"OFFICIAL" Known Bugs and Glitches thread

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

Sunspot01

Sunspot01
  • Members
  • 18 posts
 I've tried searching in this forum but haven't had much luck finding a single comprehensive thread of all known glitches/bugs in ME3 multiplayer post patches.  

Character/power/weapon specific:
  • Asari Huntress Infiltrator - Tactical cloak gives bonus to powers only, not to weapons.  Weekly balance has boosted the power to this class ONLY to compensate.
  • Awakened Collector - Ascension mode doesn't display glow animation.  More likely to happen off-host.  Only visual.
  • Awakened Collector - Dark Sphere fails to launch after pressing button.  You'll mash the button, go through the animation several times, but no sphere will launch.  Generally occurs off-host when you have not detonated the sphere.  The game however thinks you have detonated the sphere and you are waiting for the cooldown to be over (without any visual cue).
  • Batarian Brawler Vanguard - Human male vanguard  voices are used in Biotic Charge and injury sound effects.
  • Drell characters - unable to use Collector Sniper Rifle and Particle Rifle.  When using these rifles, your aim will be recalibrated to a lower height (i.e. Volus) and aim down at the floor.  Cover firing can help avoid the glitch.  Drell Video.
  • Geth Juggernaut - Hex Shield does not block Praetorian lasers, is iffy with Ravager shots, and does not block grenades/scion grenades.  Mainly due to Hex Shield not blocking splash damage, which all of these do.
  • Turian Characters - Stability evolutions for Armiger Legion and Turian Veteran do not work.
  • N7 Paladin Sentinel - Shield Mastery - Cryo Shield evolution doesn't weaken armor.
  • N7 Paladin Sentinel - Snap Freeze - Tech Combo does no increased damage.  Snap Freeze also primes protected enemies (shield/barrier/armor)
  • N7 Paladin Sentinel - Cryo Explosions and Tech Bursts do double damage by default.
  • N7 Paladin Sentinel - Energy Drain will sometimes not refill shield when used off-host.
  • Annihilation Field - Will sometimes become reversed (prime explosions while off).  Example: On, you have movement speed increase but no damage, priming, or shield leeching.  Off, no speed increase but all other elements are active.
  • Biotic Charge - occasionally will not charge enemy
  • Blade Armor - Damage Returned evolution doesn't work on Gold and Platinum difficulties. More Info
  • Electric Slash - Detonate evolution doesn't work.
  • Havoc Strike - occasionally will not charge enemy
  • Shadow Strike - unable to use on Atlas after latest patch
  • Shield Boost - tendency to freeze all other players controls/powers (Hard Melee regains control)
  • Shockwave - Radius evolution glitched (PC only).  Distance appears to be bugged as well, though may be due to latency issues.
  • Sticky Grenades - Ammo powers apply to these.  Also, if a sniper rifle is equipped while using grenades, it will have "hip fire" damage reductions if not used while scoped.
  • Tactical Scan - Headshot bonus evolution isn't applied.
  • Collector Sniper Rifle - will sometimes not reload to full capacity.  Sometimes stuck like this through the whole match.
  • Prothean Particle Rifle - will sometimes not reload to full capacity.  Sometimes stuck like this through the whole match.
  • Geth Plasma SMG - When used with beam-type weapons, it appears to sound like it is firing at full-speed when fired initially, rather than having a warmup.  More information here.
  • Hurricane SMG - If one bullet is left, it will not fire.  Will require a manual reload.
  • Heavy mods for weapons - Weight penalty is not applied to non-DLC weapons, and when Ultra Light Materials are also not used.  Additional information here

There are other bugs that are more game-breaking (and in some cases ban-able offenses) like:
  • Drone will dissappear (frequently occurs around stairwells).  Unknown the amount of time to fix while playing; most players have the host drop to have the wave restart.
  • Gun will dissappear from hands, but able to still shoot (visuals effected only)
  • Unable to take cover (Map sync/lag issue)
  • Unable to grab enemy (Map sync/lag issue) - this can cause the enemy to become invincible in some cases.  Users report Incinerate, Warp, or other "lasting damage" powers as being the only thing to affect them.
  • Unable to get ammo, enemies take no damage, not shown on map to coplayers (Map sync/lag issue)
  • Unable to throw grenade - animation is shown but no explosion.  Sometimes grenades are used. (Map sync/lag issue)
  • Unable to shoot/shots show no damage - Hard melee can sometimes break out of this glitch.
  • Unable to see teammates/enemies
  • Missles going through enemies (map sync/lag issue)
  • Missle Glitchers - Infinite missles
  • Money Glitchers - hundreds, sometimes millions of credits after a single match
  • Characters (Particularly the Retaliation DLC) have extra points when they level up, allowing users to max all 5 powers)
  • No credit after game is completed, despite being present in credit waves.
And you have enemy specific bugs:
  • Collector - Praetorian lasers go through corners and cover, and can be fired at you when the creatured back is towards you (aka butt lasers)
  • Collector - Praetorian has very large radius for sync kills (aka Magnet grab)
  • Collector - On Hazard and Earth Maps, on Gold and Platinum, on PS3, game is prone to hard-freeze, which only a complete PS3 power cycle can fix.
  • Cerberus - Atlas take more damage than usual with piercing weapons
  • Cerberus - Phantom Damage Reductions only work on host.
  • Geth - Rocket Troopers shooting two/three rockets at once
  • Geth - Hunters shooting while meleeing, staggered, on the floor, lifted, or even stasied. Sometimes even after being killed.
  • ALL - Scions, Primes, Hunters, and Ravengers can sometimes shoot through the N7 Paladin Sentinels deployed shield.
Map Based Issues:
  • Reactor (Hazard) - Enemies are able to walk through the closed doors.
  • Rio - Dying on an outer railing will cause you to respawn at the Extraction Zone.
  • Rio - Biotic Charge/Havoc Strike from the center of the map, to another area, and you will sometimes be teleported back to the center.
  • Firebase White (Hazard) - Don't play as a Krogan and go into Rage.  You will be virtually unable to see anything when you are outside.  Not a glitch per say, but a very annoying oversight in this map's design. Other modes like Turian Stim Packs, Geth Hunter Mode, and Vorcha Bloodlust are difficult but playable.
  • Dagger (Hazard) - It gives half as much ammo/grenades as other maps.
  • Condor - Crates don't accurately refill their grenades/ammo
  • Condor - Prone to invisible enemy issues
Helpful Links:

social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/343/index/13855086#13855086

Any corrections/additions to this list are very welcome!  Same with any links to existing threads.

Edited by Sunspot01, 15 March 2013 - 08:44 PM.

BurningLiquor

BurningLiquor
  • Members
  • 3,356 posts
Paladin cryo and tech explosions do double damage, and his tech combo damage evolution does nothing.

Cyonan

Cyonan
  • Members
  • 19,341 posts
For #3, the damage returned evolution actually works fine in that it increases the damage reflected by 150%.

It's the actual base damage reflection formula that divides the damage by the difficulty modifier rather than multiplying it, which results in very low amounts of damage on Gold/Platinum.
  • filippopotame likes this

parabolicity

parabolicity
  • Members
  • 317 posts
5. Human vanguard kills everything on low difficulties.

doozerdude

doozerdude
  • Members
  • 2,626 posts
5. Volus shield boost has a chance to essentially freeze you, making you unable to shoot/use powers until you heavy melee

banans_huligans

banans_huligans
  • Members
  • 536 posts
- kind of part of invisible enemies bug, I've been in games where glacier seeker swarm is invisible

- still the same problem with map desync, you are not where your game shows you are, cannot take ammo, shoot at enemies that seem not to take damage

- on laggy hosts there is high chance that throwing grenades will not work if used just after power, you will see the grenade throw animation but not the grenades

- not getting any credits after successfull extraction

- the good old disconnect (but at least that seems to be more rare than it was 2 month ago)

Edited by banans_huligans, 03 January 2013 - 10:26 PM.

Sunspot01

Sunspot01
  • Members
  • 18 posts
Thanks for the replies! 1st post updated.

ralvareziii

ralvareziii
  • Members
  • 146 posts
wasnt that money glitch patched ages ago?

Canned Madness

Canned Madness
  • Members
  • 756 posts
Cosmetic missile glitch - I know bioware don't mind this

Warp/Incendiary ammo - I don't really know what this does but I think it gives an insane amount of
DoT, don't know what plans Bioware have on what to do with this.

palmof40sorrows

palmof40sorrows
  • Members
  • 2,583 posts
I had a glitch today where my PPR, which started the match with, er, about 250 reserve ammo, lost 100 ammo in its reserve and NEVER went back to full, even after I tried dieing in the hopes that it would reset. It was rather frustrating dealing out half as much damage (or whatever the correct percentage is, I obviously haven't stopped to do the math.

lazysundae

lazysundae
  • Members
  • 1,727 posts
Hurricane SMG - won't fire if a single round is left, and must be manually reloaded.

Heavy mods - when one is used it doesn't add the weight penalty when used on original non-DLC weapons, and when ULM isn't also being used.

Sunspot01

Sunspot01
  • Members
  • 18 posts

ralvareziii wrote...

wasnt that money glitch patched ages ago?

I saw some post recently that suggested otherwise.  I'm on xbox, if that helps.  I have no idea how that one even happens, as I've never had a match where I magically get a billion dollars or whatever.

Did they ever fix the glitch where the secondary gun doesn't have the Ammo mod?  I played a match last week where my hurricane SMG had incendiary, but my geth shotty didn't.  Changed my guns and had the same issue.  But then had a match on Wednesday where it worked...

darkchaosbunny

darkchaosbunny
  • Members
  • 231 posts
The PPR sometimes fire short laser beams (think Star Wars or G.I. Joe) automatically like a machine gun until empty and there's nothing a player can do to stop it. It fires when you run, melee, all the time till you run out of ammo. Then fires all ammo again when the reload animation is interrupted (w/ and w/o reload cancel).

ThomasakaDes_

ThomasakaDes_
  • Members
  • 933 posts
- Sound disappearing after a few waves on some maps. Happens a lot on London. Any difficulty.

hiddlesfiddled

hiddlesfiddled
  • Members
  • 119 posts
I've had an error during a pizza delivery a few weeks ago, not sure if anyone else has had similar.

It was on FB reactor and we got halfway through delivering it when the timer vanished and so did the drone, and a mechanical click was going haywire for about 10 minutes until I quit the match :/

Eelectrica

Eelectrica
  • Members
  • 3,763 posts
- Drone disappearing on vancouver

- 4 Devices not resuming when thrown off.

- Had sound problems as well.

Jwashinobi

Jwashinobi
  • Members
  • 51 posts
not all the time but sometimes sound of stim-pack activates when pushed but does not activate during battle for both turians

lazysundae

lazysundae
  • Members
  • 1,727 posts
Rio: Vanguards charging from the center often transported back to the center. Makes for epic Broguard hatesurfing.

Sunspot01

Sunspot01
  • Members
  • 18 posts

hiddlesfiddled wrote...

I've had an error during a pizza delivery a few weeks ago, not sure if anyone else has had similar.

It was on FB reactor and we got halfway through delivering it when the timer vanished and so did the drone, and a mechanical click was going haywire for about 10 minutes until I quit the match :/

I had the exact same glitch.  It was infuriating annoying.   From wave 3 onward on reactor.  I turned my speakers off after a while.  Only stopped when the match was over.

Eelectrica wrote...

- Drone disappearing on vancouver

- 4 Devices not resuming when thrown off.

- Had sound problems as well.

I've had the drone dissappear on the 3 earth maps anytime it gets on a stairwell.

Arctican

Arctican
  • Members
  • 2,265 posts
Electric slash's 100% tech combo doesn't work either right? Wish they fix this and the Snap Freeze's own 100% Tech Combo so I can get a sweet 200% Cryo explosion damage.

Edited by Arctican, 04 January 2013 - 12:04 AM.

hiddlesfiddled

hiddlesfiddled
  • Members
  • 119 posts

Sunspot01 wrote...

hiddlesfiddled wrote...

I had the exact same glitch.  It was infuriating annoying.   From wave 3 onward on reactor.  I turned my speakers off after a while.  Only stopped when the match was over.

It never stopped in my match, I hosted it and it just kept going on and on, the geth kept appearing from nowhere, it was really odd :/

ArcaptSSX

ArcaptSSX
  • Members
  • 713 posts
- Bug in hard cover with a scoped weapon(SR or modded SMG/pistol/AR): scope mode showing when firing directly or using powers
- The bug for BC not charging (pathfinding issue i suppose) is also valid for Havoc Strike
- Hazard Dagger/plat, gives half as much ammo/nades as other plat maps
- Praetorian laser plowing through thick soft cover
- regarding Schockwave: the bug may also occur without radius evo, though on a rare basis

I've also had an instance lately as a Novaguard where i couldn't use my gun, melee, Shockwave or BC, just Nova. It stopped after 3~4 mn.
There also the bug where you're walking faster when canceling your shots with Flamer.

Edited by JohnBobbyTheThird, 04 January 2013 - 12:22 AM.

Deitar

Deitar
  • Members
  • 379 posts

BurningLiquor wrote...

Paladin cryo and tech explosions do double damage, and his tech combo damage evolution does nothing.

Wait, what?

That means taking cryo explosion evo makes just as much sense as Headshot evo on TS?

BurningLiquor

BurningLiquor
  • Members
  • 3,356 posts

Deitar wrote...

BurningLiquor wrote...

Wait, what?

That means taking cryo explosion evo makes just as much sense as Headshot evo on TS?

Yes. The Snap Freeze tech combo damage evo doesn't work.

The Paladin's cryo explosions and tech bursts do double damage by default.

Deitar

Deitar
  • Members
  • 379 posts
Better that than no bonus damage at all, I guess.