Photo

Fun Facts that you suspect no one else knows?

• Please log in to reply
501 replies to this topic

Zero132132

Zero132132
  • Members
  • 7,916 posts
Thread title. I have only two.

Seeker Swarms and Seeker Plagues actually have different effective ranges for the damage applied and for the power shutdown/accuracy reduction effect. You can actually move out of range for the power shutdown effect and take a lot of damage from plagues.

If you hit exactly 0 ammo with the Particle Rifle and you don't try to fire, it'll recharge without needing to go through the animation. Impractical, but cool when it happens.

Tyrannus00

Tyrannus00
  • Members
  • 1,799 posts
You can stunlock even geth with a novaguard, but if your incautious and try to max DPS you'll hit them while they're staggered, and won't have another attack ready for when they leave stagger. If you time your charges and novas right they're totally helpless.

Cyonan

Cyonan
  • Members
  • 19,341 posts
Marksman makes you immune to the debuff of Seeker Swarms.

There is a button you can hold to make your character walk and move even slower for most species.

Ryanm1989

Ryanm1989
  • Members
  • 69 posts
I would sell my sister to a Colombian drug lord for a frikin Hurricane!!
  • OneLastKill and LuckyStarr like this

Arctican

Arctican
  • Members
  • 2,265 posts

Cyonan wrote...

There is a button you can hold to make your character walk and move even slower for most species.

What's this button?

JediHarbinger

JediHarbinger
  • Members
  • 2,464 posts
Seeker swarms.. My gosh... Those things need a MAJOR NERF. They take waaaay to much damage and its quite stupid.. Just give them less health for heavens sake!
  • LuckyStarr likes this

Cyonan

Cyonan
  • Members
  • 19,341 posts

Arctican wrote...

Cyonan wrote...

What's this button?

I think it's ctrl by default on PC(Not sure what it is on Console or if it's even there).

A few species will walk all the time by default.

llandwynwyn

llandwynwyn
  • Members
  • 3,761 posts
There is a place where you can fall out of the map when you die on Vancouver.

Deerber

Deerber
  • Members
  • 16,822 posts

Cyonan wrote...

Uh? Which debuf you're talking about? The inability to use powers?
  • Simba501 likes this

Cyonan

Cyonan
  • Members
  • 19,341 posts

Deerber wrote...

Cyonan wrote...

The one that increases bullet spread by 60%.

I imagine that's another one that people don't know much.

Seeker Swarms do that.
  • Simba501 likes this

heybigmoney

heybigmoney
  • Members
  • 1,192 posts
My biggest secret?

Psst.....5 minutes ago, I farted

Miniditka77

Miniditka77
  • Members
  • 4,489 posts

Cyonan wrote...

You mean if you activate Marksman before the Seeker Swarm hits you, right?

JediHarbinger

JediHarbinger
  • Members
  • 2,464 posts

heybigmoney wrote...

My biggest secret?

Psst.....5 minutes ago, I farted

lord save us

Jeremiah12LGeek

Jeremiah12LGeek
  • Members
  • 23,715 posts
 If you use Tac Cloak to revive someone, you can pop off a power half-way through your standing up animation, just before the cooldown starts, and it has no effect on how long the cooldown takes.

Blarg

Blarg
  • Members
  • 3,430 posts
Reload cancelling can be done on consoles very easily with long cooldowns (without needing TC). Simply fire a power, and use the weapon. When reloading, tap the power button again to cancel. Works best mostly useless powers as well as heavy weapons ('cause long CD), but for the most part only heavy weapons need reload cancelling anyways.
Ex. Krogan Sentinel. Spec 3 points into incinerate, do whatever with the rest. With a Claymore, incinerate will have a very long CD, allowing easy reload cancelling.

Much more efficient than trying to hit down on the d-pad.

Edited by blaaaaaaaaaarg, 09 January 2013 - 09:06 PM.

Deerber

Deerber
  • Members
  • 16,822 posts

Cyonan wrote...

Deerber wrote...

Cyonan wrote...

The one that increases bullet spread by 60%.

I imagine that's another one that people don't know much.

Seeker Swarms do that.

Oh. Well yeah, I guess people (me included) tend to notice them for other things :lol:

Jackville Assington

Jackville Assington
  • Members
  • 334 posts
if you hold down the roll button and move forward you can run
  • Dance Craze likes this

Zero132132

Zero132132
  • Members
  • 7,916 posts

blaaaaaaaaaarg wrote...

Reload cancelling can be done on consoles very easily with long cooldowns. Simply fire a power, and use the weapon. When reloading, tap the power button again to cancel. Works best with heavy weapons ('cause long CD), but for the most part only heavy weapons need reload cancelling.

You can also use 'Biotic Charge' while aiming at nothing, or if you're out of grenades, use that to RC.

Cyonan

Cyonan
  • Members
  • 19,341 posts

Miniditka77 wrote...

Cyonan wrote...

You mean if you activate Marksman before the Seeker Swarm hits you, right?

Yes. only if you have it active.

The debuff doesn't appear to be applied since Marksman goes "on cooldown" but delays the cooldown while it's still active. It'll prevent the 10 second power lockout from stacking on top of your Marksman cooldown plus prevent you from suffering 60% increased bullet spread, which would be pretty harsh if you're doing an AT-12/Piranha Shotgun sniper build on the TSol.

Shyde01

Shyde01
  • Members
  • 358 posts
This may be known by melee'rs, but I just noticed this trick:

If a drell (specifically, the drell assassin) uses his HM punch just right, he can HM punch an exploding collector husks into other collector troops and they will be staggered by the resulting explosion.

oXTheReverendXo

oXTheReverendXo
  • Members
  • 1,199 posts
I play without pants on. But I guess a lot of people knew that...

Blarg

Blarg
  • Members
  • 3,430 posts

Zero132132 wrote...

blaaaaaaaaaarg wrote...

Reload cancelling can be done on consoles very easily with long cooldowns. Simply fire a power, and use the weapon. When reloading, tap the power button again to cancel. Works best with heavy weapons ('cause long CD), but for the most part only heavy weapons need reload cancelling.

You can also use 'Biotic Charge' while aiming at nothing, or if you're out of grenades, use that to RC.

Yup. Only issues are if you have grenades, or don't want to unintentially BC a target that may be hazardous (read: Banshee).

BridgeBurner

BridgeBurner
  • Members
  • 7,317 posts
Possessed abominations can be ragdolled with melee attacks, providing a certain % of their barriers+health have been depleted. Attempting to rag doll them at full barrier, with a hit that is strong enough to kill them will merely blow them up in your face. Hitting them once their entire barrier and a portion of their health has been done in damage will allow you to smack them about ragdoll fashion as you would any other enemy.

Once activated by performing a melee attack, a Phantom's sync kill primer remains active until the phantom cloaks, or begins shooting. If the phantom takes cover and doesn't cloak or shoot - regardless of how much time passes - it can still instantly kill you.

Tech armour has enough force to reliably stagger almost anything, but phantoms for some reason will occasionally be immune to TA; even in cases where they are not in the middle of an animation, such as flipping.

There are multiple areas of cover on the vanilla maps which provide no protection against a variety of enemy attacks when used as soft cover; enemy projectiles will pass directly through them. Only if used as hard cover do they prevent projectile's from passing through them in much the same way that being in hard cover will prevent praetorian lazers shooting through it, unless they are at an extreme angle.

A krogan in rage mode, can safely kill a possessed abomination with melee and suffer around 14% of his shields in damage, whilst all nearby team mates will be OHK'd.

Due to the way force works for armoured units, it is possible for a volus to tank up to 3 platinum pyros without ever having to shield boost as volus heavy melee will cause the pyros to flinch, meaning that they will only have recovered enough to flame you by the time the next melee pulse causes them to flinch again.

Fury and SLAYER heavy melee were not designed to be used as melee attacks; they were designed to be used as forward teleportation maneuvers; with the added benefit of melee damage, but both function poorly in the 2nd aspect due to their poor tracking.

Praetorians become paralysed if you can successfully force them on top of terrain, using melee attacks, shockwave or shooting them so they flinch backwards. Once a praetorian has become stuck "on top of" some terrain, the praetorian will be completely and utterly helpless; not using lazers, melee or rockets until it is forced off said piece of terrain by something else.

Edited by Annomander, 09 January 2013 - 09:23 PM.

• LuckyStarr likes this

ISHYGDDT

ISHYGDDT
  • Members
  • 6,930 posts
Anyone know how to get Banshees up onto the platforms on Reactor and White? I've had some luck on Reactor standing on the stairs as the Banshee teleports through the Reactor, but I haven't been able to get it consistently, probably because of the random nature of the teleport.

Edited by ISHYGDDT, 09 January 2013 - 09:17 PM.

BridgeBurner

BridgeBurner
  • Members
  • 7,317 posts

ISHYGDDT wrote...

Anyone know how to get Banshees up onto the platforms on Reactor and White? I've had some luck on Reactor standing on the stairs as the Banshee teleports through the Reactor, but I haven't been able to get it consistently, probably because of the random nature of the teleport.

As far as I know it is completely random, they can also on occasion teleport into the boxes up in the air where enemies spawn on ghost.

Though of course, running past the places regularly while kiting a banshee would increase your chances.