Photo

"Too Many Points" Skill Tree Bug Fix - No Respec/Promotion Required (Applies to any Retaliation Kit)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

Jeremiah12LGeek

Jeremiah12LGeek
  • Members
  • 23,715 posts
Sorry if there's a convenient linked thread to deal with this already.

The bug is when a kit's skill points are higher than the intended cap. It is incredibly common with Volus characters (though it can happen with any Retaliation kit.)

*The bug is easily fixed without a respec card or promotion.*

Exit the Characters' Power tree.

Enter a Pre-retaliation Character's Power tree (any Vanilla Human will do, if you don't know which kits are which. Basic Turians and Asari will work, too.)
(Edit: You can just enter the character selection screen and back out again, it will solve the problem.)

Exit that power tree (Edit: or the Character Selection Screen), and re-enter the original Power tree.

The bug will be fixed (temporarily, since it can happen again).

This may not work if you have already spent the extra points, so use this technique before spending those points. The bug itself is immediately obvious, so don't wait, fix it immediately to get rid of the problem.

:)

Edited by Jeremiah12LGeek, 27 February 2013 - 09:48 PM.

SilentStep79

SilentStep79
  • Members
  • 3,701 posts
i've heard about this fix, but never knew EXACTLY how to do it.
thanks man.

Jeremiah12LGeek

Jeremiah12LGeek
  • Members
  • 23,715 posts

silentstep79 wrote...

i've heard about this fix, but never knew EXACTLY how to do it.
thanks man.

No problem. I saw a couple of threads pop up about it, so I thought it made sense to post it. :)

THEEAV3NG3R

THEEAV3NG3R
  • Members
  • 459 posts
Just to point out, this bug is not limited to the Volus characters, it can happen to All Retailiation characters.

Jeremiah12LGeek

Jeremiah12LGeek
  • Members
  • 23,715 posts

THEEAV3NG3R wrote...

Just to point out, this bug is not limited to the Volus characters, it can happen to All Retailiation characters.

I'll clarify in the OP.

Chemical_Jordan

Chemical_Jordan
  • Members
  • 127 posts
Good idea OP.

Here's a little bit of info about it based on my experience. It's all recreatable so I'm pretty confident about this:

-It's caused when a class levels up due to getting XP from any character card. It has to actually change from one level to the next, not just gain some XP and stay the same level.

-As mentioned above it only happens to Retaliation characters, and will happen to all of the ones under the class that level up. (Sentinel & Vanguard have two Retaliation characters each, the other four classes have three each.)

-I think what happens is that instead of adding the correct amount of skill points upon levelling, it adds the total number of skill points a character would have when reaching that level while keeping the amount you already have.

Example: A level 1 character has 2 skill points, a level 8 character has 22 skill points. If you gain a 250k XP card, your level 1 will reach level 8 and gain 22 skill points in addition to their existing 2, totalling 24 when it should be 22 total.

-To fix, you don't need to touch a pre Retaliation character - You just need to go into the affected character's powers screen (where you'll see it has too many points) then exit out and go to the character selection screen. Now it's done for that character, if you go back in you'll see it's normal. Repeat for all two or three characters under the class.

Edited by Chemical_Jordan, 06 February 2013 - 08:03 PM.

ThatGuyThatPlaysThisGame

ThatGuyThatPlaysThisGame
  • Members
  • 1,660 posts
You could also restart the game or play a match without spending the points. I do those and when I get back to the skill tree they're back to normal, usually.

Jeremiah12LGeek

Jeremiah12LGeek
  • Members
  • 23,715 posts

Chemical_Jordan wrote...

-To fix, you don't need to touch a pre Retaliation character - You just need to go into the affected character's powers screen (where you'll see it has too many points) then exit out and go to the character selection screen. Now it's done for that character, if you go back in you'll see it's normal. Repeat for all two or three characters under the class.

That is definitely simpler.

Next time the bug occurs to me, I'll test that and update the OP. Thanks! :happy:

drunKen_ENG1neer

drunKen_ENG1neer
  • Members
  • 31 posts
Happen me twice already, thx for the tip

Chuce

Chuce
  • Members
  • 236 posts
UPDATE: Reckoning kits are vulnerable to this glitch as well.

Jelena Jankovic

Jelena Jankovic
  • Members
  • 1,090 posts

Chuce wrote...

UPDATE: Reckoning kits are vulnerable to this glitch as well.

Only class I ever had it happen with was the Warlord

Pearl (rip bioware)

Pearl (rip bioware)
  • Members
  • 7,285 posts
Yes, they are. However, most people enjoy playing the game as it was intended to be played, and would want to fix this if they did it accidentally.

David Diablo

David Diablo
  • Banned
  • 2,702 posts
I actually thought this was a brand new thread being posted that was actually relevant... Then I checked the post date of the original post... :lol:

Guest_BioWareMod05_*

Guest_BioWareMod05_*
  • Guests
This thread will now be locked.