Photo

Juggernaut Hex Shield, what it blocks

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

Beta582

Beta582
  • Members
  • 455 posts
All of my testing was done on Platinum (to be thorough). 

With the Ravagers and have found that the Hex Shield DOES in fact block the projectiles. What it does NOT block however, is the splash damage from the shots exploding. If you are far enough from your Hex Shield, Ravager shots will do no damage to you.

Have tested Atlas as well. Blocks ALL shots and splash damage.

I have finished the testing on the Geth Primes... Their shots pass right through it.

I have finished testing on the collector units. Praetorian lazers and lazer splash damage are blocked by the Hex shield. Scion cannon is blocked but splash damage is not. Posessed Praetorian lazers are blocked BUT the splash damage is NOT (would not have called that one). Posessed Praetorian rockets are blocked but the splash damage is NOT. Posessed Scion cannon is blocked but the splash damage is not. Posessed Scion grenades pass through the Shield.

In short:

Hex Shield DOES block:

1. Atlas shots and splash damage
2. Ravager shots
3. Phantom palm blasters
4. All mook shots including Geth Pyro flamethrower and various turrets/combat drones
5. Scion/Posessed Scion cannon shots
6. Praetorian/Posessed Praetorian lazers
7. Posessed Praetorian rockets
8. Banshee Warp ball and AOE
9. Grenades are physically stopped by shield
10. Allied direct damage powers (concussive shot, carnage, warp,...)
11. Flamer is only sometimes blocked by Shield
12. Recon Mine will detonate as soon as it hits the Shield. There will also be a secondary (Visual only) explosion before you can lay another
13. Proximity Mine explodes as soon as it hits the shield
14. Geth Prime shots

Hex Shield DOES NOT block:

1. Ravager shot splash damage
3. Scion/Posessed Scion splash damage.
4. Posessed Scion grenades (Doesn't matter if still in cluster or as seperate grenades)
5. Posessed Praetorian lazer splash damage
5. Posessed Praetorian rocket splash damage
6. Banshee bubble burst
7. Mook grenades
8. Glacier Hazard swarm (Small or Large)
9. Ghost Hazard rain
10. Grenade AoE is unaffected
11. Any Melees
12. Allied AoE attacks will be stopped on the shield but the AoE will effect enemies on the other side of the shield

If there is anything else that my fellow BSNers would like tested please leave a comment or a PM and I will do my best.

Edited by Beta582, 12 March 2013 - 05:25 PM.

Lokiwithrope

Lokiwithrope
  • Members
  • 4,394 posts
It's kinda iffy when it comes to enemy artillery, so I'm told.

Tokenusername

Tokenusername
  • Members
  • 11,157 posts
Does not block a lot of boss artillery. It's just bugged like the Paladin.

Bioware likes to give you shields that don't protect you from the hits you need to be protected from.

Beta582

Beta582
  • Members
  • 455 posts

Tokenusername wrote...

Does not block a lot of boss artillery. It's just bugged like the Paladin.

Bioware likes to give you shields that don't protect you from the hits you need to be protected from.

It will block all enemy fire until it recieves enough damage to take it down.

My experience with it is extremely reliable.

ToLazy4Name

ToLazy4Name
  • Members
  • 6,169 posts
OP, you're right about Ravagers.

However, I can guarantee Prime shots will go through it.

Kingston Atticus

Kingston Atticus
  • Members
  • 965 posts

ToLazy4Name wrote...

OP, you're right about Ravagers.

However, I can guarantee Prime shots will go through it.

So do Pratorian eye lazers. But it stops regular bullets and rockets from enemy and ally alike. That does have an advantage as well in a way. The talon's trip mines stick to it and when it disapears the mine floats there. So if you want a mine set in a wide open area, have a Juggernaught set the sheild then throw a mine on one or both sides and they will stay until detonated.

Tyeme Downs

Tyeme Downs
  • Members
  • 575 posts
Maybe Prime shots go through because the siege pulse can go through. Anyone tested to see if the siege pulse has full or reduced damage after passing through the hex shield?

Edit: It has always blocked Praetorian eye laser for me (100%)

Edited by Tyeme Downs, 03 March 2013 - 06:11 AM.

iOnlySignIn

iOnlySignIn
  • Members
  • 4,426 posts
So it's not completely worthless, just practically worthless. Got it.

metaempiricist

metaempiricist
  • Members
  • 630 posts
I spec out of it.

Kingston Atticus

Kingston Atticus
  • Members
  • 965 posts

Tyeme Downs wrote...

Maybe Prime shots go through because the siege pulse can go through. Anyone tested to see if the siege pulse has full or reduced damage after passing through the hex shield?

Edit: It has always blocked Praetorian eye laser for me (100%)

If that last part is true, I better play collectors again. It might have just been faulty shield placement on my part then.

Kingston Atticus

Kingston Atticus
  • Members
  • 965 posts

iOnlySignIn wrote...

In my opinion turret is useless. I spec the shield to do damage on placement and damage as they walk through and a bigger shield. The turret always gets killed in a second if I take it even maxed, so I go without it. I do fine with NO turret anyways. And some just ignore his passive and max fitness, turret, shield and puls. And some go NO pulse. The great thing is all those builds are effective in some way.

Beta582

Beta582
  • Members
  • 455 posts
Original post updated and reformatted for easier reading.

Edited by Beta582, 03 March 2013 - 06:30 AM.

Charane

Charane
  • Members
  • 138 posts
It doesnt block Scion grenade spam or as you said Prime pulse canon.

Ceres666

Ceres666
  • Members
  • 14 posts
Grenades aren't supposed to be blocked regardless.

Prime shots are the only thing for me that consistently pass through either the large shield or the smaller one.

Scion and Ravager shots DO get blocked, however, if you are standing right next to your shield as they hit, you WILL take splash damage. Back up :)

As for Praetorians: i've never had their eye lasers pass through either variation of the shield.

Beta582

Beta582
  • Members
  • 455 posts
I have finished my testing of the Hex Shield and have updated the original post to show the results...

Enjoy!

AbhijitSM

AbhijitSM
  • Members
  • 1,557 posts
I did a geth gold solo with the juggi. The prime pulse cannon shots DO go through the shield. Can't comment on the ravager shots though.

Beta582

Beta582
  • Members
  • 455 posts

AbhijitSM wrote...

I did a geth gold solo with the juggi. The prime pulse cannon shots DO go through the shield. Can't comment on the ravager shots though.

This is correct as stated in the original post.

TheKillerAngel

TheKillerAngel
  • Members
  • 3,608 posts

iOnlySignIn wrote...

I'd strongly disagree with that opinion.

Lucky

Lucky
  • Members
  • 2,677 posts
Thank you for your hard work beta!

I'll try standing a little farther back so as not to take the splash damage and find soft cover against primes.

Cheers!

Beta582

Beta582
  • Members
  • 455 posts

rlucht wrote...

Thank you for your hard work beta!

I'll try standing a little farther back so as not to take the splash damage and find soft cover against primes.

Cheers!

Thanks for the support.

I started testing it because I had noticed that a lot of people seemed to be a bit confused of what it does and doesn't protect you from... And to be honest, I was curious myself!:lol:

LoonySpectre

LoonySpectre
  • Members
  • 1,526 posts
Can concur on the Ravager shots. Size-upgraded shield easily absorbed a dozen hits from the cannon before turning off.
It also blocks Banshee's Warp.

Edited by LoonySpectre, 03 March 2013 - 08:33 AM.

Beta582

Beta582
  • Members
  • 455 posts

LoonySpectre wrote...

Can concur on the Ravager shots. Size-upgraded shield easily absorbed a dozen hits from the cannon before turning off.
It also blocks Banshee's Warp.

Thanks for reminding me!

I forgot to add the Banshee data.:wizard:

Fixed now.

LoonySpectre

LoonySpectre
  • Members
  • 1,526 posts
It also seems to block the Glacier Hazard swarm, but only if placed far enough away from it.

Beta582

Beta582
  • Members
  • 455 posts

LoonySpectre wrote...

It also seems to block the Glacier Hazard swarm, but only if placed far enough away from it.

I have just tested this and it does NOT block the swarm from hurting you. Whether it is small or large.

LoonySpectre

LoonySpectre
  • Members
  • 1,526 posts
I didn't mean "stops from hurting". The swarm goes to the shield and just turns away without passing through, if timed right.

Edited by LoonySpectre, 03 March 2013 - 08:58 AM.