Photo

Where To Shoot For Massive Effect - Enemy Weak Points Diagram

• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

OniGanon

OniGanon
  • Members
  • 4,829 posts
Generally, finding an enemy's weak point is pretty easy. You just shoot them in the head.

But for some enemies, it's not entirely obvious where the head is. Or they don't have a head. Or their head isn't actually their weak point. For those cases, I have prepared this simple diagram.

Posted Image

Click if image doesn't show.

Brute - The head is a major weak point, but it's also a small target often being hidden behind their large, heavily armored, highly damage resistant crab claw. The Brute doesn't have any other weak spots, but their armor plates resist damage until they're broken off. So try to aim for unarmored areas like the knees, or next to the spine. When they charge past you, turn around and shoot them in the backside.

Cannibal - Some people seem confused about where exactly a Cannibal's head is. It's the part with the multiple glowing eyes and mouth. Always aim in the general direction of the head, even when it's not directly visible, as Armor Piercing may still get you a headshot.

Banshee - Obviously the head is a major weak point. But if you're not sure you can hit it, just aim for the stomach. It does no extra damage, but it's a large, easy target that doesn't move around much even when she flails about screaming.

Ravager - The sacks cause a burst of extra damage when popped, though of course this also releases Swarmers and spews their caustic crap in the immediate vicinity. Shooting for the head with an Armor Piercing weapon from a front-on angle may result in multiple hits.

Scion - Shoot the larger shoulder until it pops, then go for the head. You can hit the shoulder from the opposite side of the body, if you have Armor Piercing weapons.

Praetorian - Instinct tells you to shoot them between the eyes. Don't bother. Shoot the armor plates on the underside of the body, beneath their 'beak.' When the Barrier is down, enough damage break the plates, causing the Praetorian to fall to the ground and recoil, and revealing a bunch of Husk heads. Shoot the Husk heads and the Praetorian will die very quickly.

Combat Engineer - The head is obviously vulnerable. The turret they carry on their back can be destroyed, causing a damage spike and a small, staggering explosion. With Armor Piercing weapons, you can destroy the turret from a front-on angle even when it's not visible by shooting it through the chest area.

Cerberus Turret - As far as I know, it has no particularly weak points. But the thing beside the gun makes for a large, easy target. The base of the gun is the largest target that remains constant no matter where the turret is aiming.

Atlas - The Atlas has a major weak point on its back in the form of an exhaust port. It's bright and shiny; you can't miss it. When the Shields are down, the armor plating on the shoulders, knees and groin can be destroyed to cause a damage spike and force a stagger. Otherwise, just shoot at the front canopy. Hitting it with Armor Piercing weapons, especially towards the top or bottom of the canopy, may cause shots to hit the Atlas multiple times for extra damage.

Geth Pyro - Aside from the head, the Pyro has a cannister on its back that can be damaged when the Shields are down. When damaged, flame can be seen coming from the ruptures. The cannister will explode after a few seconds, killing the Pyro and damaging nearby enemies. With Armor Piercing weapons, this cannister can be hit straight through the Pyro's head or torso. If the weapon is sufficiently powerful (eg Widow, Javelin), a headshot from a front-on angle may be enough to drop the Pyro's Shields, pierce through the head, hit and rupture the cannister and effectively kill the Pyro in a single shot.

If you have more information on enemy weak points, please feel free to reply with details.

edit: Pyro and Engineer added. Prime removed. Was anyone ever really confused about the Prime anyway? Ravager headshot downgraded to yellow. Atlas canopy targets clarified. Exhaust Port location hopefully better illustrated.

Edited by OniGanon, 07 April 2013 - 05:21 PM.

• LuckyStarr, Carionis and nico_wolf like this

NikkoJT

NikkoJT
  • Members
  • 1,303 posts
Someone in another thread mentioned that the Brute's chestplate can be blown off to reveal a weak spot, and I believe all the Brute's armour plates do an Atlas-style damage spike when blown off (could be wrong about the second thing).

Other than that, excellent job 10/10 would link to newbie :)

JediHarbinger

JediHarbinger
  • Members
  • 2,464 posts
I never shoot the Banshees tummy...

There's a baby on board!

Op, not cool bro.
  • Sicklecyde likes this

Broganisity

Broganisity
  • Members
  • 5,336 posts

NikkoJT wrote...

Someone in another thread mentioned that the Brute's chestplate can be blown off to reveal a weak spot, and I believe all the Brute's armour plates do an Atlas-style damage spike when blown off (could be wrong about the second thing).

Other than that, excellent job 10/10 would link to newbie :)

Yes.:police:

Bravenu3

Bravenu3
  • Members
  • 1,261 posts
Thanks for summarising!

me0120

me0120
  • Members
  • 6,419 posts

JediHarbinger wrote...

There's a baby on board!

Op, not cool bro.

With a cracked out woman like that, you're doing the kid a favor. 
  • jynxxx likes this

OniGanon

OniGanon
  • Members
  • 4,829 posts

JediHarbinger wrote...

There's a baby on board!

Op, not cool bro.

Ardat Yakshi can't form babby, let alone giant anorexic robot zombie version. :P

LD_Dragon

LD_Dragon
  • Members
  • 384 posts
Interesting, didn't know you could blow off parts of an Atlas' armor once the shield drops. Thanks for the info.

me0120

me0120
  • Members
  • 6,419 posts

LD_Dragon wrote...

Interesting, didn't know you could blow off parts of an Atlas' armor once the shield drops. Thanks for the info.

The damage is proportional to the amount of armor left, and it always staggers if the Atlas hasn't been staggered in the last 3 seconds.

OniGanon

OniGanon
  • Members
  • 4,829 posts

NikkoJT wrote...

Someone in another thread mentioned that the Brute's chestplate can be blown off to reveal a weak spot

Interesting.

Does it actually do bonus damage though? Do shots there cause more damage than shooting other unarmored areas?

And is it faster to shoot them in the armored stomach and then in the intestines, compared to simply shooting them in the unarmored spine the whole time?

me0120

me0120
  • Members
  • 6,419 posts

OniGanon wrote...

NikkoJT wrote...

Someone in another thread mentioned that the Brute's chestplate can be blown off to reveal a weak spot

Interesting.

Does it actually do bonus damage though? Do shots there cause more damage than shooting other unarmored areas?

And is it faster to shoot them in the armored stomach and then in the intestines, compared to simply shooting them in the unarmored spine the whole time?

It's similar to shooting Cannabal plates off. No damage spike.

Also Brute's arms have damage reduction.

JediHarbinger

JediHarbinger
  • Members
  • 2,464 posts

me0120 wrote...

JediHarbinger wrote...

There's a baby on board!

Op, not cool bro.

With a cracked out woman like that, you're doing the kid a favor. 

wow!

I got a great LOL outta that!

Azul

Azul
  • Members
  • 313 posts
 Nice diagrams OP :wizard:

RustySam

RustySam
  • Members
  • 101 posts
Excellent post OP. Bookmarked it for later reference. The weak points on Atlas' shoulders and knees were new info to me.

Cassandra Saturn

Cassandra Saturn
  • Members
  • 4,133 posts
LMFAO I have diagrams but I never got around to post them. I have updated versions, I only put Atlas diagram up once.

Guest_Paynez_*

Guest_Paynez_*
  • Guests

Cassandra Saturn wrote...

LMFAO I have diagrams but I never got around to post them. I have updated versions, I only put Atlas diagram up once.

That sucks

Cassandra Saturn

Cassandra Saturn
  • Members
  • 4,133 posts

Paynez wrote...

That sucks

well I could relink or just put up a diagram album.

Guest_Paynez_*

Guest_Paynez_*
  • Guests

Paynez wrote...

That sucks

well I could relink or just put up a diagram album.

Nah it's too late now. Early bird gets the worm

k1ngl1ves

k1ngl1ves
  • Members
  • 6,659 posts
Doesn't the top window(above the canopy) on an Atlas hit 3 times...? Pretty sure it does. (There is a thread on bsn somewhere)

Spine/ass on a Brute the weakest spot...? Pretty sure it is.

The rest seems correct.

Also, I can't see your diagrams. Link doesn't work either for me. Could be my cell phone...

XPERIA_Z

XPERIA_Z
  • Members
  • 1,156 posts

Bravenu3 wrote...

Thanks for summarising!

JediHarbinger

JediHarbinger
  • Members
  • 2,464 posts
LOL!

Brutes feel bullets more on its arse cheeks?! That's news to me.

the kneecap is the one of the most painful places to get shot as well!

Aim at its reproductive organs!

:D

Edited by JediHarbinger, 07 April 2013 - 07:23 AM.

Witchfinder

Witchfinder
  • Members
  • 133 posts
Great diagram.

Your avatar is very amusing too.

RoZh2400

RoZh2400
  • Members
  • 3,152 posts
You forgot to mention that with sufficient penetration distance (Black Widow can do this without any AP mod/ammo, so .25 is the minimum I'm assuming), Atlases and Ravagers have triple hit boxes at the top and bottom of the atlas canopy and the path of a bullet that passes through both the head and exposed sack (After being shot).

iOnlySignIn

iOnlySignIn
  • Members
  • 4,426 posts
Could you make one for Scions? And Geth Pyro / Cerberus Engineer?

Edited by iOnlySignIn, 07 April 2013 - 07:23 AM.

JediHarbinger

JediHarbinger
  • Members
  • 2,464 posts
OP, also make one for missile glitchers!

The N7 destroyer kit,