Photo

Talon key binding fix (PC)

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

ComradeShepard7

ComradeShepard7
  • Members
  • 1,259 posts
Due to some stuff that happened a while ago, BACON4BREAKFAST's useful ***TALON ENGINEER KEYBINDINGS FIX FOR PC*** thread was locked down. The google cashed version of the original thread no longer exists but ISHYGDDT was kind enough to provide the link for where BACON4BREAKFAST reposted the original content. That can be found here. One thing to note is that it seems the wenchy site has been taken down but an archived version of the page that has the coalesced utility can be found here.

When this guide was originally released there were some people were having trouble following it so I decided I should put together a video to walk people through the process. I finally got around to making that video and it can be found here.

Some more key fixing guides:
Cyonan has written up the guide in a BSN thread. It can be found here.

Dunvi has also written up a guide found here.

Edited by ComradeShepard7, 05 November 2013 - 02:18 AM.

N7NJA982

N7NJA982
  • Members
  • 1,119 posts
Bump for justice. Thanks dude, thought we lost that forever.

ComradeShepard7

ComradeShepard7
  • Members
  • 1,259 posts
Well we did lose the thermal clip fix thread forever, at least as far as I can tell, seeing as only the second page of it was cashed. Best thing that could probably happen at this point would be if someone who remembered how to do all the lost fixes made a new thread that detailed everything in one place.

Also, with the way things are going right now, I would be somewhat suprised if the multiplayer forums didn't get locked down. At the very least we will probably be missing some familiar faces for a while.

Edited by ComradeShepard7, 03 May 2013 - 02:25 AM.

N7NJA982

N7NJA982
  • Members
  • 1,119 posts
Yeah, we can hope, but that's a lot to put down from memory.

DragonRacer

DragonRacer
  • Members
  • 10,011 posts
Let me know if that ever happens. I've personally bookmarked this thread for now in case we get the fixes re-published, and deleted the dead links from the Resource Library.

Posted Image

XPERIA_Z

XPERIA_Z
  • Members
  • 1,156 posts
BACON <|3

cowwy

cowwy
  • Members
  • 2,769 posts
Well with our luck this thread will get deleted too for being spam.

ComradeShepard7

ComradeShepard7
  • Members
  • 1,259 posts

DragonRacer wrote...

Let me know if that ever happens. I've personally bookmarked this thread for now in case we get the fixes re-published, and deleted the dead links from the Resource Library.

Posted Image

If I manage to find cashed versions of any of the now missing stuff I could put together a new thread about them but I feel like it would be better if someone who was involved with developing the fixes posted it to ensure credit goes to where it is due.

Edited by ComradeShepard7, 03 May 2013 - 02:31 AM.

Koenig888

Koenig888
  • Members
  • 1,964 posts
Here you go .....  TCP fix from Cyonan (This is an edited version - I've made some amendments and use F8 for the TCP key) ----

Go into bioinput.ini/sfxgame/sfxgamemodebase/bindings and add this line to the bottom:
( Name="TCP_Fix", Command="CastPower 10" )

Go into bioinput.ini/sfxgame/sfxgamemodedefault/bindings and add this line:
( Name="F8", Command="TCP_Fix" )

Replace "F8" with whatever you want the key to be.

Does not cause Thermal Clip Packs to show up on the hotbar for the Talon Merc, however hitting the button will consume one until you run out for the mission.

Still works on all other characters.

Note: To keep the button the same for all characters, make sure the key you bind TCP_Fix to the same key as whatever PC_HotKey8 is set to.

Edited by Koenig888, 03 May 2013 - 02:39 AM.

FasterThanFTL

FasterThanFTL
  • Members
  • 4,708 posts
Cyonan's Talon Mercenary Thermal Clip Fix:

Well that didn't take me nearly as long asI thought it would. Bypassed PC binding of the hotkeys to directly force the button to use the power.

Go into bioinput.ini/sfxgamemodebase/bindings and add this line to the bottom:

( Name="TCP_Fix", Command="CastPower 10" )

Go into bioinput.ini/sfxgamemodedefault/bindings and add this line:

( Name="Eight", Command="TCP_Fix" )

Replace "Eight" with whatever you want the key to be.

Doesnot cause Thermal Clip Packs to show up on the hotbar for the Talon Merc, however hitting the button will consume one until you run out for the mission.

Still works on all other characters.

Khranitel

Khranitel
  • Members
  • 100 posts
Bump for greater justice.
Thank you, comrade :)

Dimlor

Dimlor
  • Members
  • 516 posts
It broke :c

Guest_Aotearas_*

Guest_Aotearas_*
  • Guests

Dimlor wrote...

It broke :c

ISHYGDDT

ISHYGDDT
  • Members
  • 6,930 posts
BACON reposted the OP here

Peer of the Empire

Peer of the Empire
  • Members
  • 2,044 posts
hmm interesting

DaveT

DaveT
  • Members
  • 980 posts
Does anyone have a concise description of what the key binding problem is? I know that my in-game binds are weird with the Talon, but I can't quite put my finger on what isn't working right.

Cyonan

Cyonan
  • Members
  • 19,341 posts

DaveT wrote...

Does anyone have a concise description of what the key binding problem is? I know that my in-game binds are weird with the Talon, but I can't quite put my finger on what isn't working right.

Due to how the Talon was built, the game resets your keybindings back to default settings whenever you play as him.

There's also another bug where you can end up having Thermal Clip Packs disappear from the power bar and be unable to use them. This usually only happens when you have all 3 active powers specced.

Mgamerz

Mgamerz
  • Members
  • 6,119 posts
The way the game saves as well it will save with the new bindings, erasing your old ones.

FemShep had a hardcoded fix in one of their mods on me3tweaks. I never use the talon cause its broken as ****.

Dimlor

Dimlor
  • Members
  • 516 posts

ISHYGDDT wrote...

BACON reposted the OP here

I effingo LOVE YOU MAN.
And I love BACON too.
And yup all of the above in a ****** way of course <3.

ComradeShepard7

ComradeShepard7
  • Members
  • 1,259 posts
Bumping to let people who were having trouble doing the fix know that there is now a video showing how to do it if you still want to after all these months since the fix was figured out. See original post for the link.