Photo

Requested: How to Solo Gold Reapers for the Lone Wolf Banner || * EASY MODE GUIDE * || 10 Waves Survived and No Consumables Used Solo

• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

INVADERONE

INVADERONE
  • Members
  • 3,474 posts
youtu.be/V_MZcT7iRNY
VIDEO LINK

Hi Everyone,

This was really requested by the subs on YouTube but I did get one request here for this as well. There are many guides on how to solo Gold for the Lone Wolf Banner but I figured I'd add my own as well.

I hope that this guide helps those who are going for the Lone Wolf Banner. I also go into full detail for 25 Minutes on tactics and what to do EVERY step of the way. Enjoy and I hope you do share this with those who are trying to get their Lone Wolf Banners. 

Note: Alternate extraction strategy against Reapers on FB Giant provided by DumDum AKA RobertTilja
youtu.be/Gifd1_F4eXU

Want to solo Platinum? Here is a link to my How to Solo Platinum Reapers Guide: Flawless Platinum Solo on FB Giant
social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/343/index/16987069
Posted Image

Edited by INVADERONE, 12 July 2013 - 04:19 PM.

acicm2

acicm2
  • Members
  • 2,561 posts
nice video invadertim. never tried the no fitness build on this class, guess I should try it.

Guest_TchOktChoky_*

Guest_TchOktChoky_*
  • Guests
10 Waves Survived and no consumables used, what a scrub. Boooooo! :D

... Nice vid man. Really like the music played after 25:29

INVADERONE

INVADERONE
  • Members
  • 3,474 posts

TchockTckocky wrote...

10 Waves Survived and no consumables used, what a scrub. Boooooo! :D

... Nice vid man. Really like the music played after 25:29

LOL yeah its a music mix I created. I need to create a few more. These are all royalty free too.

INVADERONE

INVADERONE
  • Members
  • 3,474 posts

acicm2 wrote...

nice video invadertim. never tried the no fitness build on this class, guess I should try it.

Yeah I prefer the Ghost with no fitness so I can take advantage of all of his great powers.

MermaidsTear

MermaidsTear
  • Members
  • 456 posts
:ph34r:[Spam post removed.]:ph34r:

Edited by Ninja Stan, 06 July 2013 - 07:56 PM.

DrFace007

DrFace007
  • Members
  • 842 posts
i lol'd at 33:37

k1ngl1ves

k1ngl1ves
  • Members
  • 6,659 posts
You forgot to add info to the title about your big, beefy biceps and "p.s. I'm a cyborg"...

Lulz while bsn butthurt explodes into chaos.:lol:

Also, keep the vids going. Every time you make a new one, some scrub watches it, and then I don't have to use soooo many damn consumables while pugging. Thank you!;)

Edited by k1ngl1ves, 06 July 2013 - 06:16 AM.

snootz

snootz
  • Members
  • 131 posts
Thanks.. i started properly a couple months ago.. had a brief go back in december after i finished sp.. but traded the game in for fifa..

Anyway i have got to the level when i am able to clutch waves on gold.. and i start host my gold matches and can end up alone usually to wave 2 or 3.. but sometimes 6..

The problem i have is objective waves.. i panic.. especially if its a 4 point obj.. husks grab me through cloak.. and i will get ganked by mauraders... i rage gel and rocket then more husks come... Also vs geth on glaicer i had issues.. to move them from the points.. as they are so slow and map is small...

I will follow your tips and hopefully do it.. the other waves are no problem usually.

Havent watched all the video yet.. on way to work.. but do u mention kits and maps that are best for first time gold solo?

DeckardWasAReplicant

DeckardWasAReplicant
  • Banned
  • 1,579 posts
Thank you invaderone for continuing to put out mass effect 3 videos. Gives me something to do at work!

DHKany

DHKany
  • Members
  • 8,023 posts
Great vid invader!

Daxamite

Daxamite
  • Members
  • 2,491 posts
I will watch this later , gold solo is scary

Kirrahe Airlines CEO

Kirrahe Airlines CEO
  • Members
  • 4,739 posts
Nice. The character I completed my very first two successful gold solos with. If I have anymore reset cards lying around, I'll fiddle around with the no fitness build.

ClydeInTheShell

ClydeInTheShell
  • Members
  • 9,515 posts
Will watch later, probably once I get to work....

Anyway, this is what I mean bro, it's all about the next guy with you. Thanks again for looking out for us with these guides.

Guest_MasterReefa_*

Guest_MasterReefa_*
  • Guests
Good work man, keep it up

Turian Master Race

Turian Master Race
  • Members
  • 1,120 posts
Thanks for the video, finished my first gold solo using this setup (except 4 points in fitness and 4 in stims). Used stims only for damage boost mostly.

I think the most important advice is the more than two enemy move to next vantage point. I have failed previous 3 gold solos with the TGI, all in wave 10. Mostly because due to mistakes in earlier weaves (tried to kill too fast, bit off more than I can chew) I had no or little ops packs/ missiles left to wave 10. This time I used no ops packs, missiles, medigels up to 10, and there I used only 1 opspack and 1 missile.

In fact I would like to suggest a new variant of your "rule": kill two enemies and move to the next vantage points. The reason is the same as you already explained in your vid, i.e. enemies can spawn behind you: the more you shot from one point the higher the chance that you will be flanked. It slows down the game but once you get the rithm of this rule it is very safe. Not counting banshees I had no need of stims, hence I guess this rule works well with other kits as well.

Anyway, thanks again, keep up the good job.

INVADERONE

INVADERONE
  • Members
  • 3,474 posts

RTK2Lional wrote...

Thanks for the video, finished my first gold solo using this setup (except 4 points in fitness and 4 in stims). Used stims only for damage boost mostly.

I think the most important advice is the more than two enemy move to next vantage point. I have failed previous 3 gold solos with the TGI, all in wave 10. Mostly because due to mistakes in earlier weaves (tried to kill too fast, bit off more than I can chew) I had no or little ops packs/ missiles left to wave 10. This time I used no ops packs, missiles, medigels up to 10, and there I used only 1 opspack and 1 missile.

In fact I would like to suggest a new variant of your "rule": kill two enemies and move to the next vantage points. The reason is the same as you already explained in your vid, i.e. enemies can spawn behind you: the more you shot from one point the higher the chance that you will be flanked. It slows down the game but once you get the rithm of this rule it is very safe. Not counting banshees I had no need of stims, hence I guess this rule works well with other kits as well.

Anyway, thanks again, keep up the good job.

Awesome to read this. Reading stuff like this is why I like doing the vids. To see that someone benefited from the tips and even went above and beyond is just great. 

I like your rule variant. I totally agree. It totally works too. I had moments where I would go flawlessly in a Gold game all the way to wave 8 and the moment I took on THREE enemies and stood there out of nowhere a Banshee warp ball or just spawned marauder would drop me from somewhere so remote or from right behind me. Its crazy but the rule allows you to get your shields back up, look for any new spawned enemies and to take better positions. It may be a little slower but it will definitely get you through. Glad that this worked for you. :wizard:

INVADERONE

INVADERONE
  • Members
  • 3,474 posts

DrFace007 wrote...

i lol'd at 33:37

Yeah I was like...I can squeeze through...Banshee's like...Hecckkkkk Noooo! Mind you she's skinny as a toothpick! lol

INVADERONE

INVADERONE
  • Members
  • 3,474 posts

The Krauser wrote...

Nice. The character I completed my very first two successful gold solos with. If I have anymore reset cards lying around, I'll fiddle around with the no fitness build.

Know whats interesting? I figured most people play the Ghost with no fitness but it turns out most people dont. I do understand on higher difficulties though like Platinum it can get rough with no fitness but the stim packs help a lot if you use the pre-emptively and after being damaged so you are really never in too much trouble. I think the no fitness comments have been more surprising than anything but I guess it does make sense at times. I wonder what do people sacrifice mostly to have some fitness? I would assume probably the last rank in overload and put those last three points in fitness does make sense too.

Supreme Leech

Supreme Leech
  • Members
  • 3,641 posts
Nice solo :)

I've just been attempting a gold solo vs collectors on dagger with the TGI...died on wave 10 because I ran out of gels, I must really suck at this game :( I'm gonna try out this strategy. I need some collector captain points.

Tonymac

Tonymac
  • Members
  • 4,306 posts
I dig it - liked on you-tube as well.

DarklighterFreak

DarklighterFreak
  • Members
  • 981 posts
insta-subscribed

Prestacious

Prestacious
  • Members
  • 4,315 posts
Good job! Nice video :)

Belahzur

Belahzur
  • Members
  • 636 posts

INVADERONE wrote...

The Krauser wrote...

Know whats interesting? I figured most people play the Ghost with no fitness but it turns out most people dont. I do understand on higher difficulties though like Platinum it can get rough with no fitness but the stim packs help a lot if you use the pre-emptively and after being damaged so you are really never in too much trouble. I think the no fitness comments have been more surprising than anything but I guess it does make sense at times. I wonder what do people sacrifice mostly to have some fitness? I would assume probably the last rank in overload and put those last three points in fitness does make sense too.

I would think it's because most people don't know the hidden mechanics in stim packs. They read the description, extra damage and shields returned.

However, BSN knows stim packs also give the all powerful iframes and with any cyclonic mods, even with no fitness, the Ghost is pretty tanky.

valium

valium
  • Members
  • 1,443 posts
would have saved time and energy to just tell them to play a kroguard against geth