Photo

Reload Cancel Testing Data Round 2

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

ComradeShepard7

ComradeShepard7
  • Members
  • 1,259 posts
Here is round 2 of my reload cancel testing. I put the results in a Google doc this time so it would be easir to navigate and read.

I took a lot more data than last time and my computer wasn't acting up so my frame rate stayed at 60 fps. I included Marksman in the tests this time around and added in a test with the GI that I left out last time. I thought about including Devestator Mode tests but with how mind numbingly tedious extracting the data is I decided against it.

I didn't upload the video this time because I doubt anyone will want to watch almost an hour of nothing but the claymore being fired but if anyone really wants to see what I did for themselves I suppose I could upload it.

If you want a TL/DR just jump to the analysis section.

k1ngl1ves

k1ngl1ves
  • Members
  • 6,659 posts
So it takes 2 rounds of testing to figure out reload canceling is faster than normal reloads?

*mind blown*

Tokenusername

Tokenusername
  • Members
  • 11,157 posts
Result: Reload Cancel is good.

ComradeShepard7

ComradeShepard7
  • Members
  • 1,259 posts

k1ngl1ves wrote...

So it takes 2 rounds of testing to figure out reload canceling is faster than normal reloads?

*mind blown*

And either you still don't understand the meaning of quantify or you are trolling which considering your typical posts I would say that is the more likely case.

Caldari Ghost

Caldari Ghost
  • Members
  • 5,322 posts
The degree to which canceling improves damage can't be that boring, can it?

ComradeShepard7

ComradeShepard7
  • Members
  • 1,259 posts

Caldari Ghost wrote...

The degree to which canceling improves damage can't be that boring, can it?

If you are refering to my "mind numbingly tedious" comment it is because going through that much video to pull out the exact times where the ammo counter changes takes quite a while. For this case it took me around 8 hours to record, extract times, and do the data analysis. While it is interesting to know the numbers, getting the numbers isn't the most mentally stimulating process.

Caldari Ghost

Caldari Ghost
  • Members
  • 5,322 posts
No, just the attitude of the posters here.

I figured the process would be tedious when I read the title.

Now i feel bad for convincing you to reply as you did. Sorry.

ComradeShepard7

ComradeShepard7
  • Members
  • 1,259 posts

Caldari Ghost wrote...

No, just the attitude of the posters here.

I figured the process would be tedious when I read the title.

Now i feel bad for convincing you to reply as you did. Sorry.

Its all good.

Tokenusername

Tokenusername
  • Members
  • 11,157 posts

Caldari Ghost wrote...

No, just the attitude of the posters here

Acquisition of knowledge should never be frowned upon, but I personally feel like these numbers could only have a use in typing into to everyone's lolcomputers to make the best lolkits.

I've never been in favor of turning a recreational activity into a math equation.

Caldari Ghost

Caldari Ghost
  • Members
  • 5,322 posts

Tokenusername wrote...

Caldari Ghost wrote...

Acquisition of knowledge should never be frowned upon, but I personally feel like these numbers could only have a use in typing into to everyone's lolcomputers to make the best lolkits.

I've never been in favor of turning a recreational activity into a math equation.

Acknowledged.

ComradeShepard7

ComradeShepard7
  • Members
  • 1,259 posts

Tokenusername wrote...

Caldari Ghost wrote...

I agress that they don't really have any use besides making the best "lolkits". I just did it because I was curious and thought I would share it since some people had asked about quantifying it. I'm not planning on actually putting the numbers to use at all.

TheTechnoTurian

TheTechnoTurian
  • Members
  • 3,047 posts
Having read that document, I can say I will now be 99.4-102.6% more smug about playing the Saber TSol (though I'm aware the testing was done with a claymore).   If only these findings plus a link to the Xcal video about how to RC could be forwarded to every pug player ever. 

Edited by ReaperRed, 07 July 2013 - 05:35 AM.