Photo

Requested: How to Solo PLATINUM Reapers || TIPS, TACTICS and STRATEGIES || Flawless Platinum Solo, 10 Waves Survived and No Consumables Used

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

INVADERONE

INVADERONE
  • Members
  • 3,474 posts
VIDEO LINK
youtu.be/f3yGAe8EqRE

Hi Everyone,

I received multiple requests to show the tactics I represented on the Gold solo guide on Platinum. This is a longer type of solo (80:30) but it represents the kind of tactics you can use to survive a platinum solo. I will be doing another one of these with another character, possibly one that doesnt have a dodge or a low health/shield character to show how these tactics can help you complete your coveted Platinum solo. 

Platinum Solo's can be done with many characters but my overall goal is to reveal the tactics and thought behind doing successful Platinum solo's so you can solo with ANY character once you have it down packed. You will then be able to solo FASTER and with much more confidence.

The first 30 minutes are full of tactics information that you also heard on the Gold Solo Guide (link below). I also detail how great the Cabal Vanguard is for a solo like this. I truly wish you all the best and do note that doing any kind of Platinum solo you will have to reserve anywhere from 30 minutes to even an hour and a half. 

Learn How to:
  • Deal with Objectives
  • Dealing with Multiple Bosses
  • Dealing with mobs of enemies
  • Map understanding
  • Working with the Cabal Vanguard
DISCUSSION
WHAT ARE THE SOLO TACTICS AND STRATEGIES THAT HAVE MOST WORKED FOR YOU?

Gold Solo EZ Mode Guide
social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/343/index/16965831

Second Flawless Platinum Solo with the Turian Havoc Soldier on Firebase White
youtu.be/17AggVVe2dE

Posted Image

Edited by INVADERONE, 07 August 2013 - 06:25 AM.

MermaidsTear

MermaidsTear
  • Members
  • 456 posts
But..but..80 mins! :o I admire your patience...when can u make a vid abt how to play more aggressively in a solo? 'cuz I can only focus for like 20 mins or so in a solo game,....but I assume most ppl feel this way?

dumdum2

dumdum2
  • Members
  • 4,506 posts

MermaidsTear wrote...
,....but I assume most ppl feel this way?

If so then I'm not like most people. I used to play soccer and a match is 90 minutes, I have no problem staying focused for 60 minutes when doing a solo if it comes to that.

To be honest, it can be a 25 minute solo and it can be a 45 minute solo, but when I play I never notice the difference in time until I see the scoreboard. That is just my way of saying that if you are having fun and you are concentrating on what you are doing then you don't even think about the time.

Edited by dumdum2, 11 July 2013 - 06:43 PM.

Supreme Leech

Supreme Leech
  • Members
  • 3,641 posts
Invaderone one does it again, nice solo! I was really looking forward to this, I'll probably watch it again soon and maybe try it out.

It's really quite sad how you're getting trolled over this. Haters gonna hate, I guess. You just gotta keep doing what you're doing, some people out there actually find this kind of thing very useful, myself included.

Edited by XFG-65, 11 July 2013 - 06:54 PM.

landylan

landylan
  • Members
  • 4,360 posts
Why are people still asking you for solo guides? It's like your fifth tutorial or something.

INVADERONE

INVADERONE
  • Members
  • 3,474 posts

MermaidsTear wrote...

But..but..80 mins! :o I admire your patience...when can u make a vid abt how to play more aggressively in a solo? 'cuz I can only focus for like 20 mins or so in a solo game,....but I assume most ppl feel this way?

Thats next. I will be creating one for aggresive play tactics as well. Shorter Solo times which range from 25-40 mins.

Pearl (rip bioware)

Pearl (rip bioware)
  • Members
  • 7,285 posts
Another awesome guide, Invader! Have it playing in the background while I do a few things, but I'll actually sit down and watch it later.

Would you recommend the Cabal for Gold too? I don't have the TGI or Kroguard, and I'm looking to cheese the last solo for the banner.

dumdum2

dumdum2
  • Members
  • 4,506 posts

landylan wrote...

Why are people still asking you for solo guides? It's like your fifth tutorial or something.

Not all players that are new to the game are able to solo Platinum and Invader is nice enough to provide some gameplay videos that will help them get there a bit faster.

Also, Invader's subscribers on his channel is mainly from outside BSN and as you can also read from the title this solo guide was requested.

INVADERONE

INVADERONE
  • Members
  • 3,474 posts

landylan wrote...

When I started out although I did a few platinum solo's and gold solos I did have a lot of solo challenges. I focused on team play all in the beginning. If you look back at my channel you will see this. Team focused gameplay. I am finishing up my team and solo guides which also includes challenges submitted as I will be moving on soon to another game which I will give just as much focus as I gave to ME3. I will still play ME3 but am presently working on the challenges submitted and finishing up the last few series that I have left in ME3. 

INVADERONE

INVADERONE
  • Members
  • 3,474 posts

FatherOfPearl wrote...

Another awesome guide, Invader! Have it playing in the background while I do a few things, but I'll actually sit down and watch it later.

Would you recommend the Cabal for Gold too? I don't have the TGI or Kroguard, and I'm looking to cheese the last solo for the banner.

Cabal is excellent for solo's. Biotic Focus provides good damage reduction, her blades do enough damage to take down even Phantoms with one - max two casts on Gold, Turian weapon passives and very importantly she can warp through walls which is a great thing if you find yourself in a tight spot.

Pearl (rip bioware)

Pearl (rip bioware)
  • Members
  • 7,285 posts

INVADERONE wrote...

FatherOfPearl wrote...

Cabal is excellent for solo's. Biotic Focus provides good damage reduction, her blades do enough damage to take down even Phantoms with one - max two casts on Gold, Turian weapon passives and very importantly she can warp through walls which is a great thing if you find yourself in a tight spot.

Thanks, will try when I get home. Keep up the awesome work.

also still facepalming over poor choice of words in my  post you quoted.

INVADERONE

INVADERONE
  • Members
  • 3,474 posts

dumdum2 wrote...

landylan wrote...

Not all players that are new to the game are able to solo Platinum and Invader is nice enough to provide some gameplay videos that will help them get there a bit faster.

Also, Invader's subscribers on his channel is mainly from outside BSN and as you can also read from the title this solo guide was requested.

Correct. I only share a few videos from my channel here on BSN as I wouldnt want to spam this forum. The few that I do share are guides to things that get requests and that I feel may benefit BSN. There are a TON of videos that I dont share here but are readily accesible on my channel so yeah I am careful as to what I share here. I try to be at least.

Most of my subs are not from BSN either so guides like this go a long way for gamers who dont get the knowledge from BSN so they can get it from my channel or any other channel focused on ME3. Hopefully these help. I will be working on a more aggresive guide which will be shorter solo's for those of you who are more aggresive gamers and have a good grasp on your favorite characters capabilities.

capn233

capn233
  • Members
  • 17,253 posts
Cabal. Interesting.

Tonymac

Tonymac
  • Members
  • 4,306 posts
Despite the ribbing going on in here (and amazingly from people that I happen to like *coughsCaineghis2500cough*), I appreciate your work.

Thank you much for all of your effort!

Caineghis2500

Caineghis2500
  • Members
  • 6,503 posts

Tonymac wrote...

Despite the ribbing going on in here (and amazingly from people that I happen to like *coughsCaineghis2500cough*),

:innocent:

Edited by caineghis2500, 11 July 2013 - 07:27 PM.

MermaidsTear

MermaidsTear
  • Members
  • 456 posts

dumdum2 wrote...

MermaidsTear wrote...
,....but I assume most ppl feel this way?

If so then I'm not like most people. I used to play soccer and a match is 90 minutes, I have no problem staying focused for 60 minutes when doing a solo if it comes to that.

To be honest, it can be a 25 minute solo and it can be a 45 minute solo, but when I play I never notice the difference in time until I see the scoreboard. That is just my way of saying that if you are having fun and you are concentrating on what you are doing then you don't even think about the time.

Wow we r so different :P it's hard not to notice the time when I play alone..I'll be like...ughhh 15 mins and I'm only wave 5 >.< ...lol. but when with friends or pugs I barely notice the time :) 

MermaidsTear

MermaidsTear
  • Members
  • 456 posts

INVADERONE wrote...

MermaidsTear wrote...

Thats next. I will be creating one for aggresive play tactics as well. Shorter Solo times which range from 25-40 mins.

Yes, please :) a speed run gold solo or a plat solo in sub 30mins...

ClydeInTheShell

ClydeInTheShell
  • Members
  • 9,515 posts
Will watch this later. Definitely want to do a Platinum solo before I hang up the sticks on ME3, thanks again for being so helpful.

INVADERONE

INVADERONE
  • Members
  • 3,474 posts

ClydeInTheShell wrote...

Will watch this later. Definitely want to do a Platinum solo before I hang up the sticks on ME3, thanks again for being so helpful.

Thanks I have a few more guides coming up but not sure if I will post them here as one guide is mostly enough. The rest are based on speed and on factions.

I'd like ME3 gamers to not have a one size fits all solo mentality but mostly feel as if they can solo with any character as long as they have the tactics down packed. This way people can solo with the characters they enjoy the most and not settle for just solo'ing with just the character I or any else picked on a video but depend on their skill and strategies.

Moby

Moby
  • Members
  • 5,292 posts
Gawd DAYUM bro do you ever stop being a boon to the community??  ;)

Kirrahe Airlines CEO

Kirrahe Airlines CEO
  • Members
  • 4,739 posts
Ok, the Cabal was a left fielder for me. Congrats Invader. :D

INVADERONE

INVADERONE
  • Members
  • 3,474 posts

The Krauser wrote...

Ok, the Cabal was a left fielder for me. Congrats Invader. :D

Yeah she's really awesome actually. The next character and map I will do will be different style of gameplay. Still, I am glad I did this one with her. The Cabal FTW.

Guest_TchOktChoky_*

Guest_TchOktChoky_*
  • Guests
I hope you do a platinum solo on FB London. I don't think I've seen anyone do a solo there.

chcknwng

chcknwng
  • Members
  • 5,354 posts
Could you do on a smaller map like Reactor/White with a character that doesn't have shield regen?

I'd like to see how you handle objectives, especially targets.

And kudos. this is awesome.

Guest_MasterReefa_*

Guest_MasterReefa_*
  • Guests
You're crazy Invader, good stuff!
Add me on xbox dude.