Photo

Useful tips to make the game go well

• Please log in to reply
457 replies to this topic

Marksmad is waving goodbye

• Members
  • 7,840 posts

There are many good tips about how to play and what to use scattered about the forum. It might be helpful to gather some of them together for those of us who still have much to learn.

Here's one I've learned is really useful:

TIP:  Try to ensure that you are always downed next to an ammo crate. That way, if you are stomped before you can gel or be revived, you can easily replenish your ammo once your team has completed the wave.

Your turn. :)

• PurpGuy1, mesiasmith and Vastator like this

FasterThanFTL

FasterThanFTL
  • Members
  • 4,708 posts

Tip: Play better.

Another Tip: GI.

Yet Another Tip: Don't die.

• penguins_r_cool, mesiasmith and Marksmad is waving goodbye like this

PHOEN1XK1NG

PHOEN1XK1NG
  • Members
  • 1,250 posts
Empty your bladder while you're waiting in the lobby.

This is also good advice if you are in an ex girlfriend's apartment building at 2am...
  • wrexthegrunt, me0120, BrownGargantuan and 4 others like this

Vastator

Vastator
  • Members
  • 203 posts
Tip:"Don't let a Brute get close! Brutes are vicious opponents that can instantly kill you!
  • PurpGuy1, The BLVD Knight, filippopotame and 20 others like this

• Members
  • 7,840 posts

Tip: Play better.

Another Tip: GI.

Any tips on how to play better?

(Reminds me of Robin Hood having been downed by Little John. Looks at Morgan Freeman, says "Any ideas?" Morgan Freeman says "Get up. Move faster.")

But ready up first. You can also go once the loading screen starts. Along with cooking a 4-course meal.

• DemiserofD and 123123123 like this

RustyBuckets02

RustyBuckets02
  • Members
  • 1,216 posts
Top tip: don't cuddle Banshees.
  • Marksmad is waving goodbye likes this

Salarian Jesus

Salarian Jesus
  • Members
  • 3,828 posts

Salarian Jesus' tip: "Use the Venom, son."

• CrimsonN7, PresidentVorchaMasterBaits, AW_FC_1986 and 3 others like this

NuclearTech76

NuclearTech76
  • Members
  • 16,229 posts

This is also good advice if you are in an ex girlfriend's apartment building at 2am...

Those potted plants needed watering. 

TheNightSlasher

TheNightSlasher
  • Members
  • 6,364 posts

Salarian Jesus' tip: "Use the Venom, son."

hong

hong
  • Members
  • 2,012 posts
1.jpg
  • PurpGuy1, Simba501, Bolo Xia and 4 others like this

Seraphiene

Seraphiene
  • Members
  • 327 posts

Tip 1: always rage gell. Especially when dying next to your teammate.
Tip 2: wait for the right moment to kill a possessed Abomination. Believe me, you will know when it comes. The more people you take down, the better. Also learn how to use the reactor efficiently.
Tip 3: (as a wise man said before) rockets are there for only one reason- rage.
Tip 4: kill it before it kills you.

(P.S. Renegade teacher here.  :devil:)

• The BLVD Knight, grailseeker91, Bolo Xia and 3 others like this

cato potato

cato potato
  • Members
  • 3,927 posts

Saw tips mentioned, thought of this:

Save money on expensive carpets for your house. Simply buy a couple of carpet tiles, cut them to the size of your feet and attach them to your feet using elastic bands.

• dumdum2, animedreamer, lightswitch and 22 others like this

Pheabus2009

Pheabus2009
  • Members
  • 1,428 posts

Tip: play Harrier TGI and use grenade cap gear.

cato potato

cato potato
  • Members
  • 3,927 posts

Or:

Why waste money on an expensive new car with air-conditioning? Simply buy one that has been involved in a 'death crash' and let the ghosts keep you cool.

• lightswitch, Simba501, TheShadyEngineer and 3 others like this

dumdum2

dumdum2
  • Members
  • 4,506 posts

TIP:  Try to ensure that you are always downed next to an ammo crate. That way, if you are stomped before you can gel or be revived, you can easily replenish your ammo once your team has completed the wave.

Dude, you have 6 medigels in a match, there's no excuse not to use them immediately if you go down. Don't wait to get revived because it will only make it worse for your team, instead be a man and realize that you died because you did something stupid and take the consequences and use a medigel!

Also, I believe that there are a lot of helpful tips in Dragonracer's sticky

• Malaclypse The Younger likes this

Excella Gionne

Excella Gionne
  • Members
  • 10,443 posts
Tip: play drell

MaxCrushmore

MaxCrushmore
  • Members
  • 3,165 posts

If only someone could assemble a stickied thread with all sorts of relevant info ...

Tip: If you're in a horse race, use a Unicorn as this will help on a photo finish

• dumdum2, andy_3_913, cato potato and 5 others like this

TheShadyEngineer

TheShadyEngineer
  • Members
  • 1,716 posts

Dude, you have 6 medigels in a match, there's no excuse not to use them immediately if you go down. Don't wait to get revived because it will only make it worse for your team, instead be a man and realize that you died because you did something stupid and take the consequences and use a medigel!

Bullshit.

Too many times have I seen professional rage gellers run out of gel by wave 5 and when they eventually get smoked and bleed out, they blame the team for it. Almost as fun to watch as someone who bleeds out on wave 10 during a difficult objective because they're out of gels. I'm sure that their team benefited immensely from their gelling.

I'm not saying that one shouldn't insta gel, some situations do call for it- about to get stomped, died in open ground where a revive would be too risky, killed by a lurking turret and don't want team mates to follow the same path or because you just have to get revenge on that stupid sneaking guardian.  <_< But to say that one should insta gel all the time is ridiculous.

• grailseeker91, Schachmatt123, Bob F It and 2 others like this

Tonymac

Tonymac
  • Members
  • 4,306 posts

Protip:  Lashing possessed Abominations can be hazardous to your health.

The BLVD Knight

The BLVD Knight
  • Members
  • 496 posts

Also be sure and lash that full health and shield Phantom near unsuspecting teammates. It's likely the closest you'll ever get to throwing an angry cobra at someone.

• kouzrah, grailseeker91, RayD3MSoC and 6 others like this

• Members
  • 7,840 posts

If only someone could assemble a stickied thread with all sorts of relevant info ...

That one is all serious and helpful, something no one has ever been in one of the threads that I've started.

Well, with one exception, now, a few posts above this one....

dumdum2

dumdum2
  • Members
  • 4,506 posts

Bullshit.

Too many times have I seen professional rage gellers run out of gel by wave 5 and when they eventually get smoked and bleed out, they blame the team for it. Almost as fun to watch as someone who bleeds out on wave 10 during a difficult objective because they're out of gels. I'm sure that their team benefited immensely from their gelling.

I'm not saying that one shouldn't insta gel, some situations do call for it- about to get stomped, died in open ground where a revive would be too risky, killed by a lurking turret and don't want team mates to follow the same path or because you just have to get revenge on that stupid sneaking guardian.  <_< But to say that one should insta gel all the time is ridiculous.

You must have been playing with some really really bad players then. If I die then I always use a medigel before I even fall to the ground, not because of rage but because I want to keep the match at a certain pace without interuptions. But then again, I almost never have to use more than 1-2 medigels per match and I expect the same from the people I play with.

PHOEN1XK1NG

PHOEN1XK1NG
  • Members
  • 1,250 posts

You must have been playing with some really really bad players then. If I die then I always use a medigel before I even fall to the ground, not because of rage but because I want to keep the match at a certain pace without interuptions. But then again, I almost never have to use more than 1-2 medigels per match and I expect the same from the people I play with.

You must not play pugs.

Then I must assume you have to solo a lot... 'cus with an attitude like that, you can't have too many friends.
  • kouzrah, wrexthegrunt, 123123123 and 1 other like this

TheShadyEngineer

TheShadyEngineer
  • Members
  • 1,716 posts

That one is all serious and helpful, something no one has ever been in one of the threads that I've started.

Well, with one exception, now, a few posts above this one....

You're welcome.  :P

That 2Fase

That 2Fase
  • Members
  • 183 posts

Most Usefulest Tip EVER  :  Removes ME3 disc from tray   replaces with single player game      Imagines last few horrendous pugs never existed