Photo

My best Dynasty Warriors roleplay [Level 20 Reaver Build with video example]

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

-PenguinFetish-

-PenguinFetish-
  • Banned
  • 1,421 posts
Video example is on Threatening difficulty. (Perilous + pugs + bugged rampage + OHK archers = not a fun time. Do not recommend taking her to Perilous). Link here.

Abilities

- Rampage (10% health restored on hit, 10% speed increase, 10% damage bonus, 10s duration, 30s cooldown, 65 stamina cost)

- Devour (

- Dragon Rage (150% weapon damage, 1% damage bonus per 1% missing health, 2% health cost. Upgrade grants 50% damage bonus and 2s cooldown reduction per hit)

- War Horn ( panics all enemies in range. 8m AoE, 6s duration, 24s cooldown, 35 stamina cost)

**Mandatory passives**

- Blood Frenzy (5% damage bonus for per missing 10% of your health) 

- Scenting Blood (50% speed boost near enemies under 35% health. 10% crit chance. 10m range. +3 constitution)

- Terrifying Fury (25% fear chance, 10m AoE, 6s fear duration)

- Flow of Battle (1% cooldown reduction per crit. +3 strength)

- Deathblow (Automatic crit when hitting panicked or asleep enemies)

- Fervor (30% damage bonus when enemy dies near you, 5s duration, 10m range. +3 cunning)

- Bloodbath (Devour + Dragon rage has 20% chance to weaken on hit. +3 strength)

- Coup de Grace (30% damage to stunned or knocked down enemies. +3 strength)

- Adamant (20% armor. +3 constitution)

- Deep Reserves (50% stamina recharge bonus when under 50% stamina. +3 strength)

- Crippling Blows (15% damage reduction on crit. 10s duration. This stacks)

- Clear a Path (Hitting multiple enemies gives 10% per additional enemy hit. +3 strength.

Unlock Order

Straight to Rampage, then upgrade Dragon Rage (level 7), upgrade War Horn (level 9) and then get Deathblow, Flow of Battle, then unlock everything else in your own desired order. 

Strategy

If you have a barrier caster, try to get a barrier first, then charge into group, activate war horn, then rampage and spam dragon rage/devour. Target panicked enemies first as they reduce cooldown on hit. If you dont have a caster, wait in cover until another character has aggro on him or you will die fast. Then walk in and do your thing. Position yourself carefully, you will die fast when rampage isn't active. and remember, YOU ARE NOT A TANK WITHOUT RAMPAGE ON.

Potions also benefit the reavers survivability a lot. I use Rock Armor tonic, healing mist, health potions and pitch grenades.

Please note that rampage is bugged and will not restore health per hit for the rest of the game in some cases. For that reason alone, I don't recommend taking this to Perilous until its fixed. 

Azrus

Azrus
  • Members
  • 201 posts

Nice, I haven't been able to find any decent footage of a Reaver in action.  Now I can just point people to this when I'm trying to explain why Reaver is so much fun.

Robbiesan

Robbiesan
  • Members
  • 2,543 posts

awesome.  will have to try out that build.  :)

-PenguinFetish-

-PenguinFetish-
  • Banned
  • 1,421 posts

Nice, I haven't been able to find any decent footage of a Reaver in action.  Now I can just point people to this when I'm trying to explain why Reaver is so much fun.

It seriously reminds me of Dynasty Warriors on the PS2. Just hack and slash everything until there is nothing left to kill.

Naitaka

Naitaka
  • Members
  • 1,670 posts

Without Bear Mauls the Wolves don't you take 25% extra damage from flank and gets stagger more often? I'd drop Bloodbath for that since most mages can apply weaken quite effectively already and theirs are usually 30% damage reduction. I've also started considering Hamstring since War Horn makes the enemies run around like headless chickens. Sure when you have a AW or Keeper to cast PotA or Static Cage it's fine, but there're just those cases where it's annoying as hell to have the enemy constantly run out of your range.

EDIT: Sorry flanking damage bonus is 25% not 50% as Azrus have pointed out.

wKmike

wKmike
  • Members
  • 158 posts

It all sounds good and basically what I've been doing. All of it goes out the window however when rampage doesn't work..grr

-PenguinFetish-

-PenguinFetish-
  • Banned
  • 1,421 posts

Without Bear Mauls the Wolves don't you take 50% extra damage from flank and gets stagger more often? I'd drop Bloodbath for that since most mages can apply weaken quite effectively already and theirs are usually 30% damage reduction. I've also started considering Hamstring since War Horn makes the enemies run around like headless chickens. Sure when you have a AW or Keeper to cast PotA or Static Cage it's fine, but there're just those cases where it's annoying as hell to have the enemy constantly run out of your range.

You can lunge somewhat with dragon rage and devour, but yes, its very frustrating. 

Azrus

Azrus
  • Members
  • 201 posts

Without Bear Mauls the Wolves don't you take 50% extra damage from flank and gets stagger more often? I'd drop Bloodbath for that since most mages can apply weaken quite effectively already and theirs are usually 30% damage reduction. I've also started considering Hamstring since War Horn makes the enemies run around like headless chickens. Sure when you have a AW or Keeper to cast PotA or Static Cage it's fine, but there're just those cases where it's annoying as hell to have the enemy constantly run out of your range.

I'm pretty sure flank is +25% damage.

Yeah, chasing enemies after War Horn is kind of a pain, but it does provide you with some solid CC.  It's got a pretty large range and decent duration.  I find that if I use it in a large pack, I can generally get 4-5 kills before I have to start really chasing enemies, so it's not really a tool that allows you to insta-kill an entire pack.  What it does really well though is give you some breathing space if you need it.  It also synergizes really well with mages as you can pop it as you engage, kill anything in range, and then let the mages clean up the runners.  You've just got to be careful about causing enemies to run out of AoEs or away from other melee.  It can also be pretty obnoxious for Archers as they have a harder time hitting moving targets than mages do.

NeigeTH

NeigeTH
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Rampage bug is so vital and happen a lot. I quit Reaver because of this. Shame, Reaver is so much fun to play.

vampyrefyre

vampyrefyre
  • Members
  • 7 posts

How much of this, if any, changes now that Dragon Rage receives no healing from Rampage? Still pretty much the spec to go to in spite of this?

apocalypse_owl

apocalypse_owl
  • Members
  • 318 posts

How much of this, if any, changes now that Dragon Rage receives no healing from Rampage? Still pretty much the spec to go to in spite of this?

OP is banned, I play with him a lot and the spec is the same so I assume yes.

Yuanrang

Yuanrang
  • Members
  • 830 posts

Having a Maul of the Dragon completely offsets the change to Rampage. It is an immense beast on a Reaver, mostly because the Reaver is very reliant on Weapon damage due to spamming Abilities such as Dragon Rage, but... still.. It is a great weapon. :P