Photo

[GUIDE] Primary Attributes, Offensive Attributes, Defensive Attributes

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

GhoXen

GhoXen
  • Members
  • 1,338 posts

After extensive testing, my guide on what the various attributes do has functionally reached a major milestone. Most, if not all, of the attributes should be entirely applicable to MP. Only a couple minor attributes and masterwork effects require further testing.

http://forum.bioware...afting-testing/

• PurpGuy1 and DarthLinebacker like this

21T09

21T09
  • Members
  • 498 posts

Nice!

DarthLinebacker

DarthLinebacker
  • Members
  • 143 posts
That Data makes me think promoting for Cunning first is probably the way to go, crit chance and archer damage reduction. Then Willpower for attack, then Constitution, which(at least to me) seems to be the most negligible of boosts.

Beerfish

Beerfish
  • Members
  • 23,825 posts

Beautiful work, thanks very much,

Robbiesan

Robbiesan
  • Members
  • 2,543 posts

wow, nice work.  Thanks for doing this.  :)

Saboteur-6

Saboteur-6
  • Members
  • 619 posts
Incredible work and effort. Thank you. I should probably have asked my question here in this thread but, how does this impact skill tree passive selection? For example, would it make sense to go Will over Str for a Warrior?

GhoXen

GhoXen
  • Members
  • 1,338 posts

Incredible work and effort. Thank you. I should probably have asked my question here in this thread but, how does this impact skill tree passive selection? For example, would it make sense to go Will over Str for a Warrior?

Indeed it would.

A warrior, whether 1H & S or 2H, should already have access to abilities that confer huge damage bonus to Guard. As as a result, Guard damage bonus is not a valuable stat whatsoever for warriors. On the other hand, warriors have 0 innate damage mitigation against magic, and can only rely on magic defense to not get 1-2 shotted.

Azrus

Azrus
  • Members
  • 201 posts

I've been doing some tests on Armor Rating in MP and it looks like it's being calculated differently.  I'm seeing a 1:1 damage reduction ratio.  It's a little more difficult with MP to identify all the factors in play, but I've been using damage received while barrier was up to record a baseline for enemy damage and comparing that to non-barrier strikes to help determine armor penetration.  Comparing barrier/nonbarrier strikes between the Lesser Shade (used for my armor rating tests) to the Venatori Zealot and Venatori Gladiator, I was seeing the Lesser Shade's ArPen roughly equivalent to the Zealots and 50% lower than the Gladiator.  As both the Lesser Shade and Zealot are essentially the "base line infantry" of their respective factions, they seemed like solid ArPen baselines for future tests.  It is possible that they've actually got 50% ArPen and the Gladiator has 75%, but if that's the case, it seems like there'd need to be a flat 50% ArPen rating on MP enemies.

Of course my data has the flaw of assuming that things like stat bonuses are calculated the same way as they are in SP.  Since none of that information is visible in MP, it's making it a little difficult to get decent data.

GhoXen

GhoXen
  • Members
  • 1,338 posts

I've been doing some tests on Armor Rating in MP and it looks like it's being calculated differently.  I'm seeing a 1:1 damage reduction ratio.  It's a little more difficult with MP to identify all the factors in play, but I've been using damage received while barrier was up to record a baseline for enemy damage and comparing that to non-barrier strikes to help determine armor penetration.  Comparing barrier/nonbarrier strikes between the Lesser Shade (used for my armor rating tests) to the Venatori Zealot and Venatori Gladiator, I was seeing the Lesser Shade's ArPen roughly equivalent to the Zealots and 50% lower than the Gladiator.  As both the Lesser Shade and Zealot are essentially the "base line infantry" of their respective factions, they seemed like solid ArPen baselines for future tests.  It is possible that they've actually got 50% ArPen and the Gladiator has 75%, but if that's the case, it seems like there'd need to be a flat 50% ArPen rating on MP enemies.

Of course my data has the flaw of assuming that things like stat bonuses are calculated the same way as they are in SP.  Since none of that information is visible in MP, it's making it a little difficult to get decent data.

That's actually highly possible.

My SP data was based on Nightmare difficulty. It's highly likely that on MP and on lower difficulties in SP, armor rating negates less damage as enemies hit a lot less harder than on Nightmare.

Armor may even be affected by MP difficulty level, but to my knowledge that mostly affects enemy levels, no?

Azrus

Azrus
  • Members
  • 201 posts

It appears that way.  Damage scaling on enemies is also pretty extreme between the difficulties.  I saw a jump from an average of 90 base damage to one of 210-220 on Lesser Shades when switching from routine to threatening difficulty.  Actual incoming damage jumped from 20-40 up to 130-150 per strike, so I'm guessing that MP has its own rules when it comes to monster scaling at the very least.

The damage reduction observed from armor however was virtually identical after bumping up the difficulty.  I was still seeing ~17 damage reduction after increasing my armor rating by 18.  I'm guessing that most of the difficulty adjustments are on the monster end.

GhoXen

GhoXen
  • Members
  • 1,338 posts

Discovered something fairly big.

Identical mastercraft effects do not stack, but two mastercrafts of different tiers but same type can stack.

E.g. 15 stam + 15 stam will give you only 15 stam. However, 15 stam + 10 stam will give you 25 stam.