Photo

Nightmare of the comatose (Alchemist Guide)

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

mission555

mission555
  • Members
  • 164 posts

Now with video.

http://da-skills.net...010,12100,021,0

Skills used are: Flank Attack, Knockout Bomb, Flask of Fire and Shadow Strike.

General gameplay is wait for your tank to engage, pop Fire Flask, drop the BOMBS (I find two is usually enough), Flank attack, bomb or Shadow Strike (at this point your Flask duration is over), Shadowstrike if you haven't already (don't need the back attack, usually), then another Flank Attack into basic attacks. Or Flank attack, place a perfect Bomb from stealth (bombing does not break stealth) and immediately Fire Flask + Shadow Strike, now you can do a Flank Attack + Shadow Strike combo's and the Bomb is back up. After that there's some downtime. Or when you can spam Flank Attack / Shadow Strike after a Fire Flask, Flank Attack is nice AoE damage, works wonders with an AW. Shadow Strike is single target CC. 

If you really wanted you could swap out the BOMB for MINES, pretty colors, I hate them with a passion. Another option is swapping out Fire Flask (**** knows why) and getting aforementioned MINES (bad), Poisoned Weapons (bad), Poison Cloud (BAD)* or Twin Fangs (go play assassin you ****wit, this build is for bombing hoes into a coma). 

Gear suggestions: 

High damage is Good, Attack is Good, Crit damage is Good, Flanking bonus is Good. Crit chance is meh, Stamina is Good, Cooldown is Good, Bonus health is Good and as always you want at least 5% heal on kill. Ring of extreme coma bomb is Good.  Personally I'm using Wicked Grace, .. +CDR% +Health +flank dmg +

Skill explanaition. Fire Flask and Knockout Bomb are core. Then to optimally use our kit we need a way of entering Stealth and have a slot left for whatever. Stealth versus Flank Attack was an easy one for me. We can use Flank Attack to initiate because we can CC the pack first, Flank Attack brings us in position for Shadow Strike which in return (if placed well) reduces the cooldown of Flank Attack to nill and our other skills as well. Twin Fangs instead of Shadow Strike would be an option but I like the cooldown reduction and CC over the extra damage.

Some fun on threathening solo (while getting head):

Some group Perilous gameplay:

https://plus.google....537897228304025

Yes, I admit I'm not the best player (to my defence this is a random game and I haven't slept in a while) but my point is not to show the perfect gameplay, it's to show the build working. I'm sure you guys are much better players with bigger penisses as well.

apocalypse_owl

apocalypse_owl
  • Members
  • 318 posts

So.. what exactly are the skills you are using?

Because ive counted 5 (flank attack, stealth, knockout bomb, flask of fire and shadow strike)

Aedh

Aedh
  • Members
  • 31 posts

So.. what exactly are the skills you are using?

Because ive counted 5 (flank attack, stealth, knockout bomb, flask of fire and shadow strike)

If I'm not mistaken, the stealth he's talking about isn't the skill itself, but rather the one granted by the upgraded Flank Attack.

• Nitestick7 likes this

Amartell44

Amartell44
  • Members
  • 76 posts
Replace flank attack with stealth (with the "I was never here" passive of course) and replace fire flask with frost flask and you will be 100x more effective and increase your survivability tremendously. I've promoted the alch 8(?) times now and that build is in my opinion the strongest, most beneficial to the group and most durable setup that you can run.

mission555

mission555
  • Members
  • 164 posts

Replace flank attack with stealth (with the "I was never here" passive of course) and replace fire flask with frost flask and you will be 100x more effective and increase your survivability tremendously. I've promoted the alch 8(?) times now and that build is in my opinion the strongest, most beneficial to the group and most durable setup that you can run.

I find the CC from Fire Flask + Knockout Bomb invaluable.

Frost Flask kind of weak at Perilous (when you get hit it's too late and you still take a crapton of damage). 

I was never here in combination with Shadow Strike is bugged AFAIK, Even if it's not, a Shadow Strike to the back resets Flank Strike making your second invisibility (the one that counts) guaranteed. But to each their own.

I do have some survivability problems, mainly due to bad playing. I might have more luck swapping out Shadow Strike for Twin Fangs as it's a sure kill leaving you to auto attack in melee range less, this would then make Stealth a better option than Flank Strike. I really like Shadow Strike's Cooldown Reduction but staying alive is key. The CC from Shadow Strike is not impressive on Perilous against expectations, I don't find myself spamming it and Dead is the best CC, so another point for Twin Fangs.

I will try your complete set up on Perilous when I get my level up. 

Thanks for your advice. 

PS in your build wouldn't you rather run Twin Fangs?

Amartell44

Amartell44
  • Members
  • 76 posts
I like shadow strike more than twin fangs for the knockdown (works great for taking out pesky mobs like the frost Mage, assassins, etc..) the cooldown reduction is nice and the fact you can use it in conjunction with frost flask to shatter a high hp mob in one punch. It does sometimes bug with resetting your stealth cooldown but in that case I will usually just pop the frost flask and just freeze and kill something to reset the cooldown.
The 85% damage reduction while frost flask is active is pretty significant and is very useful for bailing you out if you get surrounded when stealth is on cooldown or if you start taking archer fire and would typically be dead meat otherwise. You can use it offensively as well if your group is solid and just wade into a group and freeze them all so another party member can shatter them all.
Typical strategy is to stealth into the enemy group... Find the priority target and wait for someone to aggro then take that mob out with shadow strike... Toss a concussion grenade into a cluster of enemies (archers grouped together or the melee units engaging the tank) then re-stealth and keep picking off bad guys. Frost flask can be used situationally as described above to bail you out if things go badly or to freeze mobs and take them out.
I don't play on perilous often mostly because I don't have a regular group to play with and you never know what you are going to wind up with (which can be extremely frustrating and feel pointless to even bother) but I have used this build for perilous matches and it plays just as effectively... You just have to be more reserved and play smart just like with any other class at that difficulty.

Cirvante

Cirvante
  • Members
  • 4,067 posts

Weird, I don't see a gameplay video ...

mission555

mission555
  • Members
  • 164 posts

Weird, I don't see a gameplay video ...

I've having troubles uploading to any uploader, okay that's fixed now. 

I just recorded average gameplay. I'm not aiming for records here.

IamTheAttack

IamTheAttack
  • Members
  • 81 posts

Nice build, the only downside is that shadow strike is still bugged and don't proc "i was never here" on kill, or did they fix it?

Edit : nvm, i just watched your skill tree and you didn't take "i was never here" all fine so D:

Apl_Juice

Apl_Juice
  • Members
  • 1,300 posts

Nice build, the only downside is that shadow strike is still bugged and don't proc "i was never here" on kill, or did they fix it?

Edit : nvm, i just watched your skill trre and you didn't take "i was never here" all fine so D:

He doesn't take Stealth at all, so Never Here is pointless. Fortunately, Flank can be ignored for personal preference and Never Here can be taken instead

mission555

mission555
  • Members
  • 164 posts

He doesn't take Stealth at all, so Never Here is pointless. Fortunately, Flank can be ignored for personal preference and Never Here can be taken instead

I have since replaced Flank Attack with Stealth and Shadow Strike with Twin Fangs, Twin Fangs is just too much damage to pass up, the CDR wasn't that vital (I do have a CDR amulet) and the CC well let's just say dead things don't attack you either. Next few Perilous runs will decide if I keep Fire Flask or swap it out instead (the contenders are Shadow Strike, Flank Attack and Ele mines. 

My builds are never finished untill I hit that sweet spot. 

Yuanrang

Yuanrang
  • Members
  • 830 posts

I have been tinkering with my alchemist a bit and I skipped Shadow Strike for Twin Fangs because of the damage and because I find Shadow Strike to be poor Crowd Control on higher difficultiies (I do have rings for both, but I find Shadow Strike more for the control, rather than the damage, so it would be pointless with Shadow Strike if you use knockout bomb). 

I do find Flask of Fire to be invaluable though, since it allows you to spam a very strong ability repeatedly while getting a damage increase. It really is nothing to scoff at, and I doubt at least Elemental Mines are going to be better than that. The mines are good in confined spaces, but in my experience, they are just too scattered to really contribute. Chaining up those Twin Fangs really does a heavy amount of burst to a group of targets or a Commander, which makes it worth it.

Flank Attack is good, undeniably so. I usually run with it too, and have the Alchemist as a Poor Man's Assassin because let us face it.. the Alchemist has horrid synergies and really brings nothing to the table beyond what the Assassin can. :P

mission555

mission555
  • Members
  • 164 posts

I have been tinkering with my alchemist a bit and I skipped Shadow Strike for Twin Fangs because of the damage and because I find Shadow Strike to be poor Crowd Control on higher difficultiies (I do have rings for both, but I find Shadow Strike more for the control, rather than the damage, so it would be pointless with Shadow Strike if you use knockout bomb). 

I do find Flask of Fire to be invaluable though, since it allows you to spam a very strong ability repeatedly while getting a damage increase. It really is nothing to scoff at, and I doubt at least Elemental Mines are going to be better than that. The mines are good in confined spaces, but in my experience, they are just too scattered to really contribute. Chaining up those Twin Fangs really does a heavy amount of burst to a group of targets or a Commander, which makes it worth it.

Flank Attack is good, undeniably so. I usually run with it too, and have the Alchemist as a Poor Man's Assassin because let us face it.. the Alchemist has horrid synergies and really brings nothing to the table beyond what the Assassin can. :P

Twin Fangs for me as well, didn't look back. Flask of Fire + Knockout Bomb  (and the combo) is my core. Elemental mines are too expensive unless fire flasked but we're short on skill slots. I find with a bit more careful play and Knockout bomb I don't need Flank Attack. 

SLooPPy JOE

SLooPPy JOE
  • Members
  • 181 posts
I used to run 1. Flank attack 2. Knockout bomb 3. Ice flask 4. Fire flask

Really enjoying 1. Stealth 2. Twin fangs 3. Poison blades 4. Fire flask

I feel like the twin fangs spam coupled with aoe poison damage from that passive that makes your first kill proc a poison cloud can actually contend with what my assassin does. And hitting a boss enemy 3-4 times with twin fangs is pretty nasty, although still not as good as the assassin's hidden blades->twin fangs->death blow

gay_wardens

gay_wardens
  • Banned
  • 666 posts

Some fun on threathening solo (while getting head):

While what now?  :huh:

Wow I never knew what knockout bomb looked like until I watched that video. I was afraid to use it because in my head I pictured it being a circle like Barrier or one of the bombs you can use in the potions slot. 

Still, you must encounter problems with friendlies engaging enemies you put to sleep.

mission555

mission555
  • Members
  • 164 posts

While what now?  :huh:

Couldn't resist after I had to back over irrelevant background talking with that funky jazz track, also I moved around like a drunk.