Photo

Removing DLC without reinstall [PC only]

42 replies to this topic

Credit2team

Credit2team
  • Members
  • 5,582 posts

Because the DLC is so buggy many of you wish to play without the DLC. This can be achieved without reinstalling the game.

go to: program files-> origin games-> DAI -> bonus

then find the folder named: Multiplayer_DLC1

remove or rename this folder (I moved it to desktop) then start or restart your game. Game will now play without it.

You can reinstall the dlc simply by changing the name or location back to where/what it was.

I knew this because this works the same way ME3MP dlc worked. If anyone remembers the retaliation bug you'll remember having to do this.

Hope this helps  :)

• PurpGuy1, andy_3_913, Adamforever and 2 others like this

veramis

veramis
  • Members
  • 1,956 posts
To quote a heavy weaponsman
Thank yoo!
  • Credit2team likes this

Shadohz

Shadohz
  • Members
  • 1,662 posts

Damn shame when a person prefers to play a less buggier version of a game. Not a good look.

Luckily the PUGs are starting to figure out to kick the host or force a host migration.

• Credit2team likes this

Rhaine

Rhaine
  • Members
  • 184 posts

lets make this the most popular thread on the multiplayer forum so bioware take the hint x.X

• Credit2team and Storm_Changer like this

-PenguinFetish-

-PenguinFetish-
  • Banned
  • 1,421 posts

lets make this the most popular thread on the multiplayer forum so bioware take the hint x.X

What hint? That they need to fix it? Because they already know and are already working on a fix.
  • Jane_Shepard and DragonRacer like this

Storm_Changer

Storm_Changer
  • Members
  • 303 posts

Does anyone else find it more concerning that this was labelled as "DLC?" Like is this their new standard of "DLC?"

Catastrophy

Catastrophy
  • Members
  • 8,448 posts

What hint? That they need to fix it? Because they already know and are already working on a fix.

But how would they know if we didn't tell them?

knownastherat

knownastherat
  • Members
  • 625 posts

Does anyone else find it more concerning that this was labelled as "DLC?" Like is this their new standard of "DLC?"

New standard for DA:I perhaps. It remains to be seen but this might not be the new ME3 MP.

EnemySpinach

EnemySpinach
  • Members
  • 646 posts

It's an optional add-on that isn't simply patched in for everyone connected. It IS literally DLC. Whether you're satisfied with the content isn't relevant to the fact that it's not included with the vanilla game.

• Credit2team likes this

Credit2team

Credit2team
  • Members
  • 5,582 posts

sounds good =)

Dorje Sylas

Dorje Sylas
  • Members
  • 1,496 posts

Shows how behind Origin is as a platform that you can't uninstall or disable DLC like Steam can.

Win8.1 Seems to be

Program Files (x86) -> Origin Games -> Dragon Age Inquisition -> Update -> Multiplayer_DLC1

coldflame

coldflame
  • Members
  • 2,195 posts

I know they said they know about it but when did they say that they are working on a fix?

Credit2team

Credit2team
  • Members
  • 5,582 posts

Shows how behind Origin is as a platform that you can't uninstall or disable DLC like Steam can.

Win8.1 Seems to be

Program Files (x86) -> Origin Games -> Dragon Age Inquisition -> Update -> Multiplayer_DLC1

isn't that what I said?

Credit2team

Credit2team
  • Members
  • 5,582 posts

going to bump this because there's way too much complaining about the DLC still going on

-PenguinFetish-

-PenguinFetish-
  • Banned
  • 1,421 posts

I know they said they know about it but when did they say that they are working on a fix?

Andy Kempling posted in the initial report thread that they are.

Torkelight

Torkelight
  • Members
  • 668 posts

Luckily the PUGs are starting to figure out to kick the host or force a host migration.

I tried that twice after one of the instances of no key drop yesterday. When we came back to the door, same thing happened. Twice. No thanks!

Credit2team

Credit2team
  • Members
  • 5,582 posts

Andy Kempling posted in the initial report thread that they are.

removing the dlc folder should suffice till the fix is in

Shadohz

Shadohz
  • Members
  • 1,662 posts

I tried that twice after one of the instances of no key drop yesterday. When we came back to the door, same thing happened. Twice. No thanks!

I've had that happen on the RTC twice in a row, so it happens pre-patch as well. It's how I figured out that it was a vanishing mook causing the problem. Third time I got the completion even though I was miffed. Better to get the completion than to have your challenge and XP effed up. Don't hate on the player, hate on the game.  ^_^

Credit2team

Credit2team
  • Members
  • 5,582 posts

last bump, for educational purposes

ex-Clusum

ex-Clusum
  • Members
  • 723 posts

isn't that what I said?

nah u said Program Files (x86) -> Origin Games -> Dragon Age Inquisition -> Bonus -> Multiplayer_DLC1

• Credit2team likes this

Moridan

Moridan
  • Members
  • 75 posts

Sigh.  renamed that folder, host, and I still get the buggy crap in the matches.  At least 50% of my matches get bugged.  Sooooo disheartening Bioware.  

veramis

veramis
  • Members
  • 1,956 posts

Rename? Delete.

SoulWeaver

SoulWeaver
  • Members
  • 116 posts

It has been said but I feel the need to reinforce it ;)

Since DLC stands for "Downloadable Content", the label is absolutely correct. Also, since it's free, I don't think anyone is entitled to complain about the size of the content.

Also, my thanks to the Op for this tip! Let's see if I can find some games without the DLC and actually finish them.

• Credit2team likes this

Moridan

Moridan
  • Members
  • 75 posts

Rename? Delete.

Would it really make a difference?  

I did find the same file name in DAI/_Installer/DLC ...

veramis

veramis
  • Members
  • 1,956 posts

Would it really make a difference?  

I did find the same file name in DAI/_Installer/DLC ...

If after renaming it the game still finds it, then it probably means that the game can still find the files. Maybe it was renamed with just adding text to the end of the folder, in which case it is possible the game searches for the original folder name or specific text and uses any folder containing the same name or text even if it has added text to the end (i.e. adding 1 to the end of the folder name makes it Multiplayer_DLC11, or the game may search for DLC1 text). Renaming by removing all of the old folder name would probably work too (i.e. changing Multiplayer_DLC1 to bearsandbugs).

• Credit2team likes this