Photo

Drasca's favorite MP builds:

• Please log in to reply
218 replies to this topic

Drasca

Drasca
  • Members
  • 2,574 posts

My favorite builds in one master thread. Eventually updated with in-depth analysis & how to links. Click on the da-skills.net link for the full build.

This thread is mostly for reference. This thread is not a guide. Do not expect explanations here. Feel free to ask questions, but I am not obligated to respond to them.

Intermediary core builds posted before the final level 20 build are considered essential to successful perilous and above playthroughs. Builds chosen for sheer efficiency and overall 'fun'. These all work on NM, though some specifically are tailored to maps and difficulties.

Builds listed are known good builds. Recommend try once exactly as listed then tweak to your own needs afterward. Exact optimal pathing and builds depends on team composition, gear, promote status, and personal ability. These are not the only builds available, only my personal favorites and I tweak them constantly as needed. You should too after trying them as listed.

Last Updated 10/14/2015

Necromancer: The Untouchable Ice-Queen

--Close Quarters Combat Frozen death on heels.

--Aggressive Fadecloak required

--Line of Sight pulls recommended

Spoiler

Katari, as the Katari

-Positional Awareness Required
-Agile.
-Deadly

Spoiler

Archer:

Spoiler

Legionnaire:

Spoiler

Templar:

Spoiler

Reaver: Two are better than one

-Tears through mobs like no tomorrow
-Warhorn does AoE Damage in addition to Panick, proccing heal from Rampage
-Massive Damage / Critical / Cooldown synergy between passives
-Situational awareness, positioning, and Combat Rolling away from Danger required

Spoiler

Elementalist: That's right, I did that.

Spoiler

Keeper:

Spoiler

Assassin:

Spoiler

Arcane Warrior:

Spoiler

Avvar: Ball of Doom

Spoiler

Virtuoso:

Spoiler

Alchemist

Spoiler

Duelist:

Spoiler

Silent Sister:

Spoiler

Saarebas:

Spoiler

Hunter: Stealth CQC

Spoiler

• Robbiesan, jamdjedi, ReadingRambo220 and 25 others like this

Drasca

Drasca
  • Members
  • 2,574 posts

Videos of classes in action

Arcane Warrior:

Drasca

Drasca
  • Members
  • 2,574 posts

Necromancer: Ice Queen:

Drasca

Drasca
  • Members
  • 2,574 posts

Necromancer Ice Queen 2:

Drasca

Drasca
  • Members
  • 2,574 posts

Avvar:

Note this is Avvar Pre-buff. Post buff he's even deadlier.

Drasca

Drasca
  • Members
  • 2,574 posts

Latest updates:

Adds Starter Keeper build.

Necromancer Ice Queen updated with Mind Blast gaining AoE Barrier with Patch 3 fixing Fortifying Blast

Katari updated to combat roll, pommel strike, becoming a much more agile class

AW Renamed to Combo King. Tweaked build. Intermediary levels added.

Elementalist Mad bomber added. Kit renamed to Chaotic Mine

Static Charge added to Light go boom. Favorite build.

Reaver: War Horn upgraded. Confirm damage, and Rampage / Warhorn combo

Archer: Included footnote about Escape

Other minor tweaks and notes.

Trickshaw

Trickshaw
  • Members
  • 494 posts
I'm not a fan of the necromancer's voice. So I haven't played with her much. I think I'll give her a try now with the ice build. looks fun.
  • Drasca likes this

Lexa_D

Lexa_D
  • Members
  • 1,111 posts

Thanx a lot for complng this, I like your builds, even though can't get a grip on Necro Ice Queen - almost no long-distance spells looks non-complimentary with winter stillness, with just staffing away. Any hope to see a perilous-worthy Alchemist build?

Beerfish

Beerfish
  • Members
  • 23,825 posts

I find that Shadow strike is a go to skill for both the assassin and the Alchemist.

Lexa_D

Lexa_D
  • Members
  • 1,111 posts

It misses too much for me and iirc not triggers the Stealth cooldown reset - so I run the same set of skills for Assassin as Drasca

Kenny Bania

Kenny Bania
  • Members
  • 2,860 posts

I'm not a fan of the necromancer's voice.

This is ridiculous.

• T_elic likes this

Torkelight

Torkelight
  • Members
  • 668 posts

So Drasca? When are you going to post a Katari vid? I'd love to see it :)

Robbiesan

Robbiesan
  • Members
  • 2,543 posts

This is ridiculous.

"Wat you say foo!  Wat sum say riddcles, I say is stlyin'!"

Pawn+Shop+Pimp.jpg

Drasca

Drasca
  • Members
  • 2,574 posts

Thanx a lot for complng this, I like your builds, even though can't get a grip on Necro Ice Queen - almost no long-distance spells looks non-complimentary with winter stillness, with just staffing away.

Change of perception and playstyle required with change of build in order to maximize effectiveness. IQ is a close-combat build. See above linked thread for details, and video for demonstration. Fade Cloak spam is the order of the day.

Any hope to see a perilous-worthy Alchemist build?

Not any time soon.

As with everyone, I am limited by item drop RNG and time. It is possible to have one in the future, but nothing is planned. I have a few builds, but I am not satisified with them, so I do not include them here. My daggers are also not end-game, and dagger rogues are extremely gear-dependent, so I am disinclined to play and figure out Alchemists at present.

Lexa_D

Lexa_D
  • Members
  • 1,111 posts

Yes, but if you're agressively detonating frozen enemies with cloak, winter stillness looks seldom utilized. Also, I have constant issues with vanishing armor from Ice mine despite me standing on top of it.

Drasca

Drasca
  • Members
  • 2,574 posts

Yes, but if you're agressively detonating frozen enemies with cloak, winter stillness looks seldom utilized. Also, I have constant issues with vanishing armor from Ice mine despite me standing on top of it.

Reread Ice Queen thread. Reappears if walk off/back on, recast, or enemy freezes. If in cover, non-issue as enemy approaches --> freezes --> Ice Armor --> Fade Cloak --> Walking Bomb --> Detonate WB / Decloaking Blast. If not in cover, it means you're attacking aggressively, with allies killing fast, or AoE CC'ing fast, which covers your flanks that way. Just FC-->WB in that case.

WS is mostly for longer fights such as Zone 5, or pulling the entire room at once. Individual mob groups entirely die from the initial chain reaction of good pulls. Either way, you'll still want the passives along the way to WS (clean burn for cd & tricks of the trade for dot damage / duration) and the option to get IM later.

I usually get IM at either 16, 18, or 19.

Medallian

Medallian
  • Members
  • 770 posts
Thanks drasca I can wait to test out some builds
  • Drasca likes this

Lexa_D

Lexa_D
  • Members
  • 1,111 posts

Ok, thanx, will try that.

Drasca

Drasca
  • Members
  • 2,574 posts

Updated with new Keeper builds utilizing Mana Surge, Mind Blast / L1 Disruption Field. Best with DF ring.

Guest_Mortiel_*

Guest_Mortiel_*
  • Guests

So Drasca? When are you going to post a Katari vid? I'd love to see it :)

There already is a Drasca Katari Perilous video:
Spoiler

Drasca

Drasca
  • Members
  • 2,574 posts

There already is a Drasca Katari Perilous video:

Aww, you didn't show the team score afterward. Boo! Hiss! Pre Combat Roll integrated Katari is so much less mobile too. Also, can't even see me most of the game, as I'm zipping out of visual range over half the time.

Guest_Mortiel_*

Guest_Mortiel_*
  • Guests

Aww, you didn't show the team score afterward. Boo! Hiss! Pre Combat Roll integrated Katari is so much less mobile too. Also, can't even see me most of the game, as I'm zipping out of visual range over half the time.

Or I was just ignoring you and trying to keep you out of the shot as much as possible.  :ph34r: 

And why the hell would I show the score? I'm pretty sure Hurk and Boatz topped the score on that match by a lot anyway, but that is not the point of Game Chat. It's the social aspect of DAMP, not epeening.

Drasca

Drasca
  • Members
  • 2,574 posts

I'm pretty sure Hurk and Boatz topped the score on that match by a lot anyway,

No way! Hurk said I could solo Perilous as Katari in the video's opening. He believed! Boatz was Keeper, that didn't barrier me in the opening room, as I predicted, and thus not high score.

Guest_Mortiel_*

Guest_Mortiel_*
  • Guests

No way! Hurk said I could solo Perilous as Katari in the video's opening. He believed! Boatz was Keeper, that didn't barrier me in the opening room, as I predicted, and thus not high score.

Yeah, he did it to teach you the first rule of an RPG:

Don't patronize the Healer (or Keeper, in this case).  B)

And Hurk was first place, Boatz was second. Your Katari was last, actually. I just checked the original footage lol.

Drasca

Drasca
  • Members
  • 2,574 posts

Yeah, he did it to teach you the first rule of an RPG:

Don't patronize the Healer (or Keeper, in this case).  B)

Pffffft. You don't need a Keeper for Perilous. Also, Boatz was going to troll regardless. You know that!