Photo

Legionnaire - ultimate Rambo build (solo Perilous ready)

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Zorinho20_CRO

Zorinho20_CRO
  • Members
  • 3,252 posts

I saw few days ago interesting thread about ultimate Legionnaire build,so I decided to share my build,which is excellent for those bad pug days,when strong back are more than welcome.

So,the build.First,you have to be at least level 15,so you can take required active  and passive skills.Most important passive for this build is Flow of battle and aim for it as soon you unlock Walking fortress and its upgrade.

Active skills:

1.Walking fortress+Siege breaker

2.Payback strike-some will say it is not needed,which may be true for playing in group,but for soloing,it is life-saver.

3.Counterstrike-you get Unyielding with it-´nuff said.

4.To the death-great skill for tough mobs.

Passives

Flow of Battle-after that,choose whatever you wish.

Equipment:

Weapon: Firm tournament axe ( off course, if you are lucky bastard,which I am not,you can use Caliban instead)

Shield:  Dwarven proving shield

Accessories: Superb HoK ring

Superb critical chance ring(if you have Caliban,you can throw away HoK ring and use two critical chance rings)

Superb cooldown amulet

Superb belt of health

If you don´t have Superb versions of jewelry,use the best you have.

Tactic

You are berserker.Rush in the biggest group of mobs,activate Walking fortress  and start swinging.While WF is still active,aim for hardest mob in the group and target it with TtD.Use Counterstrike,if needed.

And that´s it.With this build ,you´ll carry many pugs to victory.Bards will sing songs in your honor,wenches will want...well,you get the picture.

Enjoy :)

[YT][/YT]

Sorry for poor video quality,but my superb IC cannot handle anything better :(

• Hex of Hell, Robbiesan, Lexa_D and 6 others like this

Drasca

Drasca
  • Members
  • 2,574 posts

No Berserker Weapons recommendation? Where's the Serpent's Rage Axe? The Wintersbreath shield? j/k . . . unless you're grinding weapon kills on routine and don't have better axes (me).

I do recommend turn the bolt and cutting words passives. TTD is quite nice with CS/WF on a Lego.

Yumi

Yumi
  • Members
  • 1,194 posts
If you have walking fortress up, does a berserker weapon ( which triples the damage you take) give you three times the amount of guard gained? If so, holy raccoon pouches. If not, I demand booware fix this immediately so I can berserker Leeroy everything.

Zorinho20_CRO

Zorinho20_CRO
  • Members
  • 3,252 posts

No Berserker Weapons recommendation? Where's the Serpent's Rage Axe? The Wintersbreath shield? j/k . . . unless you're grinding weapon kills on routine and don't have better axes (me).

I do recommend turn the bolt and cutting words passives. TTD is quite nice with CS/WF on a Lego.

TtB and CW are great passives,but as I am not great fan of Warcry,I rarely use CW.

Edit

Btw,If I use Counterstrike and have CW,but without using Warcry as active skill,will extra damage apply?

Zorinho20_CRO

Zorinho20_CRO
  • Members
  • 3,252 posts

If you have walking fortress up, does a berserker weapon ( which triples the damage you take) give you three times the amount of guard gained? If so, holy raccoon pouches. If not, I demand booware fix this immediately so I can berserker Leeroy everything.

Tbh,I don´t know.I used Berserk shield long ago,when I was new player and failed miserably,after that avoiding Berserk like a plague.But that is interesting and I´ll give it a try.

Edit.

I just used Berserk shield and didn´t notice any increase in Guard gain.So,just scrap it.

Drasca

Drasca
  • Members
  • 2,574 posts

Btw,If I use Counterstrike and have CW,but without using Warcry as active skill,will extra damage apply?

Yes, works with both CS & TTD. WC sucks. CS rules.

SpaceV3gan

SpaceV3gan
  • Members
  • 2,379 posts

Exactly the build that I use, but with different equipment. While I have the Caliban and the Shield of the Emperor, I don't have the Superb Cooldown Amulet nor the Superb Critical Chance Ring, so I replace them with something else.

I would also add that the Bear Mauls the Wolves passive is pretty important.

Jkregers

Jkregers
  • Members
  • 279 posts

What about the Thunderstrike? Is it not a good option? 

phoenix fang55

phoenix fang55
  • Members
  • 247 posts

Thunderstrike is cool, and not bad if thats the best weapon you have, but maces are single target, and especially on the LEGo, you need to get as many hits as possible. So axes and swords are better as they are AOE. I'm one of those lucky few that has caliban, but no HOK rings, but thanks to that baby I run a more agressive build that features Lunge and slash.

Zorinho20_CRO

Zorinho20_CRO
  • Members
  • 3,252 posts

Yes, works with both CS & TTD. WC sucks. CS rules.

That’s cool,because after I make my core build at level 15,I have some spare points which I would assign in this order:

16.upgrade Payback strike

17.Bear mauls the wolves

18.Warcry as prerequisite for the cutting words

19.Cutting words

20.Turn the bolt

Exactly the build that I use, but with different equipment. While I have the Caliban and the Shield of the Emperor, I don't have the Superb Cooldown Amulet nor the Superb Critical Chance Ring, so I replace them with something else.

I would also add that the Bear Mauls the Wolves passive is pretty important.

I agree.Also see above :)

What about the Thunderstrike? Is it not a good option? 

This build is all about scoring critical hits to utilise reduced cooldowns from Flow of battle passive,So every weapon which has increased critical chance is great.

Firm tournament axe is nice,’cos it is rare,has good damage and you can improve it further with Cunning.There is another unique axe,which has little lower damage,but somewhat higher crit chance and nice proc(Horn of Valor).

Thunderstrike is very nice weapon,which I used a lot at beginning(RNG blessed me with it very early), but not optimal for this build,though.

Zorinho20_CRO

Zorinho20_CRO
  • Members
  • 3,252 posts

Thunderstrike is cool, and not bad if thats the best weapon you have, but maces are single target, and especially on the LEGo, you need to get as many hits as possible. So axes and swords are better as they are AOE. I'm one of those lucky few that has caliban, but no HOK rings, but thanks to that baby I run a more agressive build that features Lunge and slash.

In some future build,I want to try something little different than this time around.

It will feature L&S,that Hook thingy,maybe even Shield smash and off course Walking fortress.Legionnaire vanguard style.I am not sure if such build would be Perilous solo ready,but when playing with Keeper in your party,it should be ton of fun.

Beerfish

Beerfish
  • Members
  • 23,825 posts

After my experience with beszerk weapons I am too afraid to use things like too the death that gives the enemy more damage.  In short I'm a chicken.

I use the same axe, pathetic that something called a firm tournament axe is about the best weapon short of a few for a weapon and shield player.  I use the mace that can cast immolate for my paladin.....i mean templar.

Zorinho20_CRO

Zorinho20_CRO
  • Members
  • 3,252 posts

After my experience with beszerk weapons I am too afraid to use things like too the death that gives the enemy more damage.  In short I'm a chicken.

I use the same axe, pathetic that something called a firm tournament axe is about the best weapon short of a few for a weapon and shield player.  I use the mace that can cast immolate for my paladin.....i mean templar.

I earned my Mace mastery banner with Templar and Thunderstrike,because I didn´t have Dwarven crusher at that time.

SiLve

SiLve
  • Members
  • 54 posts

healpots at 1.20.. your build isnt valid. ...... j/k :D

you don´t have the caliban ( and emporer ) .. so it´s fine i guess :)

if ppl wondering..

caliban ( you can mod your caliban for more crit* )  + emporer = let you skip the HoK ring.. and 2x crit chance is more as enough.. so you realy don´t need healpots or the extra damage from the dwarvenshield ( or crit )

*i need to test if it works better.. i have 2..so i can make some tests..... idk if i will remember to post it.. since iam not often here

Kjubaran

Kjubaran
  • Members
  • 150 posts

Welcome to the soling legionare perilous club. I m using same skills, and only slightly different gear, also dont have caliban..

phoenix fang55

phoenix fang55
  • Members
  • 247 posts

In some future build,I want to try something little different than this time around.

It will feature L&S,that Hook thingy,maybe even Shield smash and off course Walking fortress.Legionnaire vanguard style.I am not sure if such build would be Perilous solo ready,but when playing with Keeper in your party,it should be ton of fun.

Sheild Bash is fun, and is a combo ability, but overall, its just not that great for MP, not enough enemies with guard, and those that have it lose it pretty fast.

Grappling Chain is really buggy, its a cool move, and I wished it worked better, but its really buggy, sometimes you get pulled to the enemy, other times you both move and meet halfway, Other times it does nothing, and other times, the upgrade won't work. Heck, when I was using it on my Katari, I pulled a despair demon, in the middle of the pull she does her jump thing, and I some how ended up stuck in a pillar....

http://da-skills.net...,00100,010,1,d 

That is the build I'm working up towards, and I have a lot of fun with it, I have caliban modded for more crit chance, its pretty sweet, you'll be surprised how fast L&S moves you about.

Zorinho20_CRO

Zorinho20_CRO
  • Members
  • 3,252 posts

Welcome to the soling legionare perilous club. I m using same skills, and only slightly different gear, also dont have caliban..

Lego is soo cool.But I see him very rarely in pugs,which is a shame for such a great kit.

Zorinho20_CRO

Zorinho20_CRO
  • Members
  • 3,252 posts

Sheild Bash is fun, and is a combo ability, but overall, its just not that great for MP, not enough enemies with guard, and those that have it lose it pretty fast.

Grappling Chain is really buggy, its a cool move, and I wished it worked better, but its really buggy, sometimes you get pulled to the enemy, other times you both move and meet halfway, Other times it does nothing, and other times, the upgrade won't work. Heck, when I was using it on my Katari, I pulled a despair demon, in the middle of the pull she does her jump thing, and I some how ended up stuck in a pillar....

http://da-skills.net...,00100,010,1,d 

That is the build I'm working up towards, and I have a lot of fun with it, I have caliban modded for more crit chance, its pretty sweet, you'll be surprised how fast L&S moves you about.

That looks like a very solid build,but what I wanted to say,I am at point in this game,where I don’t look anymore for best and most op build.I need something for the lolz,to entertain me.Off course,that I have some "serious"builds ready,when that is required.

phoenix fang55

phoenix fang55
  • Members
  • 247 posts

I know what you mean, I promoted my keeper, and when I get back to her I'm going to run a build that doesn't have barrier.

• Zorinho20_CRO likes this

Quasinerdo

Quasinerdo
  • Members
  • 48 posts

I like the lego but find that without the decent weapons it's a pita to level. With the crap gear I keep getting I find him quite tough but only up to a point as he simply cannot do enough DPS. My build has been similar except for TTD which I swapped out for Shield Bash as I tend to play mostly in groups and like the AOE (currently stuck with a single target weapon).

Zorinho20_CRO

Zorinho20_CRO
  • Members
  • 3,252 posts

I like the lego but find that without the decent weapons it's a pita to level. With the crap gear I keep getting I find him quite tough but only up to a point as he simply cannot do enough DPS. My build has been similar except for TTD which I swapped out for Shield Bash as I tend to play mostly in groups and like the AOE (currently stuck with a single target weapon).

TtD saved my sorry behind from two snow witches on wave 3. And it will give you nice damage numbers.

I think someone posted insane damage number with Lego.Thread was about highest criticals or something like that.

MrNo

MrNo
  • Members
  • 42 posts

And that´s it.With this build ,you´ll carry many pugs to victory.Bards will sing songs in your honor,wenches will want...well,you get the picture.

Enjoy :)

Sorry for poor video quality,but my superb IC cannot handle anything better :(

I did enjoy playing this build A LOT, thanks for sharing :)

Zorinho20_CRO

Zorinho20_CRO
  • Members
  • 3,252 posts

I did enjoy playing this build A LOT, thanks for sharing :)

Tnx for reading,Mr.Drake :)

MrNo

MrNo
  • Members
  • 42 posts

However, I didn't manage to finish the perilous with Red Templars.. The shield guys are quite a pain! 

Lexa_D

Lexa_D
  • Members
  • 1,111 posts

My build too. Congrats on your solo!