Photo

Dragonslayer FAQ

51 replies to this topic

Fiddzz

Fiddzz
  • BioWare Employees
  • 471 posts

Q: When will the Dragonslayer Multiplayer Expansion be available?

A: Dragonslayer will be available for Xbox One, Xbox 360, PC, and PS4, and PS3, on May 5, 2015.

Q: How much does the “Dragonslayer” expansion pack cost?

A: Dragonslayer is free to download for all supported platforms.

Q:  Are any new maps included in Dragonslayer?

A:  Dragonslayer introduces a new “Ferelden Castle” destination. Before each match, players can select one of three elemental dragons to fight. Each dragon has its own abilities and impact on the environment.

Q:  Are there any new characters in Dragonslayer?

A:  Dragonslayer adds three new characters to the multiplayer mode roster:

-         Skywatcher, the Avvar: A warrior who can summon the elements to unleash massive damage;

-         ZITHER!, the Virtuoso: A crowd-pleasing mage with a musical twist;

-         Isabela, the Duelist: The swashbuckling, dual-dagger rogue is back, wielding a handy crossbow to keep foes pinned down.

Each character has brand-new abilities and mechanics, bringing a whole new gameplay style and feel to Dragon Age: Inquisition multiplayer mode.

Q:  How are new characters unlocked?

A:  Players are awarded a free chest in the Multiplayer Store that contains one of the three new characters. Unlock the other two characters by crafting their armors in the Armor Crafting screen. The new characters can also be found in store chests as very rare drops.

Q:  How do players get ready to fight a dragon?

A:  Players must craft the consumable Dragon’s Call hammer in the Weapon Crafting screen and add it to their inventories if they wish to fight the dragon in Zone 5 of the Ferelden Castle.

-         Enter the Weapon Crafting screen and select the Dragon’s Call.

-         Enter the necessary materials (10 metal, 10 leather, 5 cloth).

-         Select “Create Match” to create your own lobby or “Quick Match” to join an existing lobby.

-         Select “Ferelden Castle” as the destination.

-         Select a dragon type (Fire, Ice, or Lightning).

-         Progress in your match to Zone 3.

-         Players with the Dragon’s Call must interact with the gong located by the staircase to summon the dragon for a final showdown in Zone 5.

-         The Dragon’s Call is destroyed when it is used to summon a dragon.

-         The party must complete Zone 4 and open the final door to Zone 5 to fight the dragon.

Q:  Can players choose which dragon to fight?

A: Yes.  In the “Create Match” and “Quick Match” screens, players can select “Ferelden Castle” as the destination, then select the type of dragon to battle: Ice, Fire, or Lightning.

Tip:  Once a dragon type is selected, equip the matching resistance potion to help fend off the dragon’s blast damage.

Q:  Does every player in a party need a Dragon’s Call in their inventory to summon a dragon in Ferelden Castle?

A: Only one Dragon’s Call is required per party, per match.  If each player in a party has a Dragon’s Call, only the player who interacts with the gong will use up the item. The other players can keep their Dragon’s Call hammers to use in a future match.

Q:  What happens if players do not summon the dragon with the Dragon’s Call in Ferelden Castle?

A: If the dragon is not summoned, players will face off against the enemy faction boss (the red templar, Venatori, or demon commander).

Q:  What happens if a player uses the Dragon’s Call to summon the dragon but the party dies before reaching Zone 5?

A: The Dragon’s Call is destroyed at the time it is used to summon the dragon.  The player will need another Dragon’s Call in their inventory, or to craft a new one, in order to summon the dragon again.

Q:  Do dragons only appear as bosses?

A:  Dragons have a presence throughout the Ferelden Castle, even if they are not summoned for the final combat.

Q:  Do dragons drop any loot?

A:  Yes.  Completing a dragon fight results in a loot a loot drop for the party.

-         Routine difficulty:

o   Gold

o   An item, with a chance for the item to be one of the new dragon weapons.

-         Threatening difficulty:

o   Gold

o   An item, with a greater chance to get a rare (blue) dragon weapon, and a chance to get the armor of one of the new characters.

-         Perilous difficulty:

o   Gold

o   An item, with a greater chance to get a unique (purple) dragon weapon, and an increased chance to get the armor of one of the new characters.

Q:  Do I fight the same enemies and bosses in the Ferelden Castle map?

A:  Players will fight red templars, Venatori, or demons throughout the first four zones of the match. If the players do not summon the dragon for the final zone, they will fight the enemy faction’s commander.

Q:  Can players fight dragons in the original and Destruction maps?

A:  Dragons can only be fought in the Ferelden Castle map.

Q:  How are the dragons affected by difficulty level?

A:  The Ferelden Castle destination expands the challenge of each difficulty level.  Players can create or join Routine or Threatening difficulty matches and experience a challenge that serves as a bridge to the next difficulty level. Perilous dragon fights are recommended for veteran players with high-level characters and item loadouts.

Q:  Does Dragonslayer include any new items or loot?

A:  Players can find new high-level dragon weapons in chests from the Multiplayer Store, or from Dragon fights.

• Ilidan_DA, Shandyr, DragonRacer and 2 others like this

Shandyr

Shandyr
  • Members
  • 250 posts

YEAH! FINALLY!

Gonna beat up some dragons!

• HBC Dresden likes this

DragonRacer

DragonRacer
  • Members
  • 10,012 posts

That is some large text.

Otherwise, nice stuff!

• Xhal likes this

CaoSlayer

CaoSlayer
  • Members
  • 434 posts

The when is wrong in europe.

It will be available tomorrow I guess.

Soylent

Soylent
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Wait, the Dragon's Call requires 10 metal, 10 leather and 5 cloth, and is consumed when used? It already takes forever to unlock armor that requires 10 resources!

So basically we won't see any dragons.

TormDK

TormDK
  • Members
  • 1,152 posts

Nonsense. The cloth is of course the triggy thing, especially if you did not get Zither as the free card (Since he costs 51 cloth).

I've tried 4 matches in the castle just doing pugs, and have had the dragon call used (not by me) in two of them.

Black Mambo

Black Mambo
  • Members
  • 199 posts

Should've mentioned how much gold(precisely) one gets on each difficulty.

Kinda don't feel like crating a Dragon Call if gold on Routine is like not even worth getting back the 5 cloth that was spent.

Or else perhaps in future they should create 3 instances of Dragon Call for each difficulty and increasing/decreasing the crafting cost for each instance.

MrDbow

MrDbow
  • Members
  • 1,815 posts

Are there no new challenges (or banners/portraits/titles) associated with the new characters (amount of completed operations/experience gain)?

Shadohz

Shadohz
  • Members
  • 1,662 posts

What are the new dragon weapons?

TormDK

TormDK
  • Members
  • 1,152 posts

MrDBow, Bioware noted on the Twitch stream yesterday that the banners etc. are pending release.

They wanted to get the DLC out there and monitor how it goes in the wild before adding more banners.

Kenny Bania

Kenny Bania
  • Members
  • 2,860 posts

The dragon's call gets used in Zone 3? Have I got that right? If so, why not just before Zone 5 begins, to prevent a situation where a call is lost due to a premature wipe?

Catastrophy

Catastrophy
  • Members
  • 8,448 posts

The dragon's call gets used in Zone 3? Have I got that right? If so, why not just before Zone 5 begins, to prevent a situation where a call is lost due to a premature wipe?

I think that's actually the point - deciding whether the team can do it or not. A more severe issue is a disconnect between smashing the gong and zone 5.

Kenny Bania

Kenny Bania
  • Members
  • 2,860 posts

I think that's actually the point - deciding whether the team can do it or not. 

I'm not sure I get what you're saying.

Catastrophy

Catastrophy
  • Members
  • 8,448 posts

I'm not sure I get what you're saying.

It's "working as intended" is what I'm saying. They did so on purpose. Not the part about being **** when you disconnect, but about the part when the team wipes, i.e. the players loaded up more than they could handle.

TormDK

TormDK
  • Members
  • 1,152 posts

Kenny - Risk vs reward.

Do I want a higher chance of getting end game weapons, and do I think my current Group can pull it off - or do we just go along with the regular boss and the extra XP due to the amount of mobs.

Kenny Bania

Kenny Bania
  • Members
  • 2,860 posts

It's "working as intended" is what I'm saying. They did so on purpose. Not the part about being **** when you disconnect, but about the part when the team wipes, i.e. the players loaded up more than they could handle.

Kenny - Risk vs reward.

Do I want a higher chance of getting end game weapons, and do I think my current Group can pull it off - or do we just go along with the regular boss and the extra XP due to the amount of mobs.

Isn't the fight with the dragon the actual risk though? Zone 4 isn't more difficult all of a sudden because you use the call in Zone 3.

You do use it in Zone 3 right?

Catastrophy

Catastrophy
  • Members
  • 8,448 posts

Isn't the fight with the dragon the actual risk though? Zone 4 isn't more difficult all of a sudden because you use the call in Zone 3.

You do use it in Zone 3 right?

Have you played it already? Ferelden castle is more challenging (at least for lower level play). It's got more enemies, it's a new map (so people get lost) and it's got multiple paths were a team can screw up just because of not coordinating well enough.

Also enemies seem to keep pressing. Remember the weird spawn behaviour on the vanilla maps where enemies trailed in continouusly? That feels more natural to the new map, because they can come from multiple directions. It's a bit like bossless level 5 with a more complicated map layout.

So if you barely make it to zone 3 you better not smash the gonging.

Kenny Bania

Kenny Bania
  • Members
  • 2,860 posts

Have you played it already? Ferelden castle is more challenging (at least for lower level play). It's got more enemies, it's a new map (so people get lost) and it's got multiple paths were a team can screw up just because of not coordinating well enough.

Also enemies seem to keep pressing. Remember the weird spawn behaviour on the vanilla maps where enemies trailed in continouusly? That feels more natural to the new map, because they can come from multiple directions. It's a bit like bossless level 5 with a more complicated map layout.

I get that, but why not just eliminate the risk altogether, and have the gong present just before zone 5? If you make it that far, you still have the choice of using the call, rather than wasting one in a premature wipe or whatever. Unless the plan is to intentionally make you waste dragon calls....

Oh, I haven't played it yet btw, just checking up on how it works and it stood out to me.

TormDK

TormDK
  • Members
  • 1,152 posts

I think it's fine as it is, it's a gamble that isn't for everyone, and thats fine IMO.

Worst case, you get to fight the normal faction commander while being peppered with dragon attacks.

Catastrophy

Catastrophy
  • Members
  • 8,448 posts

I get that, but why not just eliminate the risk altogether, and have the gong present just before zone 5? If you make it that far, you still have the choice of using the call, rather than wasting one in a premature wipe or whatever. Unless the plan is to intentionally make you waste dragon calls....

Oh, I haven't played it yet btw, just checking up on how it works and it stood out to me.

Ah, you mean for notching up some plat purchase? Well, it could be a corporate milestone incentivizing in-game purchase, however, it's very likely to be a risk only to new players, the inexperienced and scrubs.

Once the players get accustomed, they'll breeze through Ferelden castle as well and the additional zone between will be a no-brainer considering mostly connection quality as the deciding factor when standing at the gong. Just like you say, the risk will then be just the dragon.

Eyecon74

Eyecon74
  • Members
  • 211 posts
Each pug I've been in so far we've had to use my dragon calls, rest of the team bouncing up and down at the gong.. My cloth is running low..

TormDK

TormDK
  • Members
  • 1,152 posts

Each pug I've been in so far we've had to use my dragon calls, rest of the team bouncing up and down at the gong.. My cloth is running low..

No sense in succumbing to peer pressure :P

• Eyecon74 likes this

Dekibra

Dekibra
  • Members
  • 767 posts

yeah... seems to be like this in PUGs: they are only jumping up and down in the hope someone uses the call :angry:

sabreracer

sabreracer
  • Members
  • 2,179 posts

Level 4 is quite short but open and have ranged units peppering you from the battlements as well as a constant stream of melee units coming from several directions.  Pugs seem to like standing out in the middle of all this rather than falling back slightly to funnel things a little.

Catastrophy

Catastrophy
  • Members
  • 8,448 posts

Level 4 is quite short but open and have ranged units peppering you from the battlements as well as a constant stream of melee units coming from several directions.  Pugs seem to like standing out in the middle of all this rather than falling back slightly to funnel things a little.

That place is a kill box - I tried to rush to and fro and give barriers yesterday but it doesn't help when people just try to tank there. Quite the epic place.