Photo

Mortiel's YouTube Guides

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

Angelus_de_Mortiel

Angelus_de_Mortiel
  • Members
  • 696 posts

So, as I finally got my most recent Build Guide uploaded to YouTube, I was going to post it here. However, I realized just how inefficient that system was. So, I am just going to make a single topic to house all my Guides here. I will embed the videos in this first post grouped by type and in descending chronological order (newest first) under spoiler tags to it's easier to navigate, and bump the post for visibility when I update with new videos. This will also give everyone the opportunity to laugh at my noobish early videos.

EDIT: Embedding videos is apparently this mystical beast I cannot seem to conquer. As such, only a few videos are appearing to me as properly embedded. If this is the case for you, you will likely have to click on the links to go to YouTube and watch.

Beginner Guides

Spoiler

Build Guides
Spoiler

Please note that these build are not the best builds. I hold that there is never any one "best" build because there is a high degree of subjectivity in play style. I hold to it that everyone should make builds they find fun, which is what I have done here. Feel free to comment on my builds or share your own... Just don't forget to reference which of the builds here to which you are making a response. Enjoy!

• FRZN, Ploidz, Drasca and 6 others like this

Drasca

Drasca
  • Members
  • 2,574 posts

Please note that these build are not the best builds. I hold that there is never any one "best" build because there is a high degree of subjectivity in play style. I hold to it that everyone should make builds they find fun, which is what I have done here.

It is also objectively contextual, subject to balance changes, team composition, personal skill, gear and promotes too. I hold that it is always best to tailor a build to your own needs and abilities.

You may want to consider putting dates somewhere on your list here, to show when the builds were created/last updated. I'd personally want to be made aware if a build is old, temporal and based upon previous balance changes.

Chronological is a fair way of ordering things, but actual timestamps are appreciated too.

• FRZN, Zander-o- and Angelus_de_Mortiel like this

Drasca

Drasca
  • Members
  • 2,574 posts

Grappling Chain is fun. Go demon commander fishing.

I'm surprised you didn't put the Hamstring on there, as you can potentially slow enemies from behind as you grapple them (needs testing) from flank, or the Crippling Blows for shock / weakness potential. You certainly had room, as Bear Mauls the Wolves & Relentless are not really a required / high utility passives, and you can skip out on the upgrade of CB as you have deep reserves. Guard provides resistence to stagger, and flanking damage isn't a big deal when you can CB/CR. Hamstring/CB fit your theme better than upgraded CB, Relentless & BMtW do anyway.

Dropping Scenting blood for Guard Smasher is another game changing option too, as this build seems less mobile on the go with GC around, while enemies have had their Guard increased (Pride Demon), starting out with high guard (Perilous Dragon with 20k+ guard anyone?) and others may have their guard increased from now on too.

apocalypse_owl

apocalypse_owl
  • Members
  • 318 posts

The multiplayer resource library does this for you, not sure why we need a thread for every users builds, but hey. 

Its good to see your back posting in any case.

• ALTBOULI likes this

Angelus_de_Mortiel

Angelus_de_Mortiel
  • Members
  • 696 posts

The multiplayer resource library does this for you, not sure why we need a thread for every users builds, but hey. 

Its good to see your back posting in any case.

That topic is very convoluted, difficult to browse, and is infrequently updated. Furthermore, I have to post a topic for that topic to have and update anyway. Since I have posted a significant enough amount of content, I made the decision to go with my own post that I can update as needed rather than posting new topics every time I make a new video. It's far more efficient.

It is also objectively contextual, subject to balance changes, team composition, personal skill, gear and promotes too. I hold that it is always best to tailor a build to your own needs and abilities.

You may want to consider putting dates somewhere on your list here, to show when the builds were created/last updated. I'd personally want to be made aware if a build is old, temporal and based upon previous balance changes.

Chronological is a fair way of ordering things, but actual timestamps are appreciated too.

I'm working on the dates. Thanks for the idea!

Grappling Chain is fun. Go demon commander fishing.

I'm surprised you didn't put the Hamstring on there, as you can potentially slow enemies from behind as you grapple them (needs testing) from flank, or the Crippling Blows for shock / weakness potential. You certainly had room, as Bear Mauls the Wolves & Relentless are not really a required / high utility passives, and you can skip out on the upgrade of CB as you have deep reserves. Guard provides resistence to stagger, and flanking damage isn't a big deal when you can CB/CR. Hamstring/CB fit your theme better than upgraded CB, Relentless & BMtW do anyway.

Dropping Scenting blood for Guard Smasher is another game changing option too, as this build seems less mobile on the go with GC around, while enemies have had their Guard increased (Pride Demon), starting out with high guard (Perilous Dragon with 20k+ guard anyone?) and others may have their guard increased from now on too.

Keep in mind that while you have a lot of Cunning promotions, neither I nor many others do. As such, Relentless gives an easy +4 to Cunning. Hamstring seems rather unreliable when I worked with it on the Reaver. Scenting Blood is so nice though... that speed bonus is amazingly helpful for my play style. Bear Mauls The Wolves adds a tiny bit more survivability for those without Drasca-grade Katari skills.

However, I think you may be on to something with the Gore and Trample upgrade, as I really think that Deep Reserves makes it largely irrelevant. I'm not sure on that, but I certain never even had to consider managing Stamina.

• Drasca likes this

coldflame

coldflame
  • Members
  • 2,195 posts

Were your other account banned Mortiel?

Drasca

Drasca
  • Members
  • 2,574 posts
Keep in mind that while you have a lot of Cunning promotions, neither I nor many others do. As such, Relentless gives an easy +4 to Cunning. Hamstring seems rather unreliable when I worked with it on the Reaver. Scenting Blood is so nice though... that speed bonus is amazingly helpful for my play style. Bear Mauls The Wolves adds a tiny bit more survivability for those without Drasca-grade Katari skills.

However, I think you may be on to something with the Gore and Trample upgrade, as I really think that Deep Reserves makes it largely irrelevant. I'm not sure on that, but I certain never even had to consider managing Stamina.

Apples and Oranges, Heavy Infantry and Cavalry, Reaver and Katari

Hamstring is unreliable on Reaver because Reaver is not extremely mobile like Katari.

Standard Katari Tactic: Charging Bull --> Enemy knocked down. If you take a few steps further and trample them then turn around (now their back is turned toward you, because they're knocked down while facing you to begin with), or you're engaging a farther target at their flank engaging your allies, Hamstring becomes useful. I need to test if HS works with GC though.

You actually have three stamina passives. Clear a path, Warrior's Resolve, and Deep Reserves. You don't need Gore and Trample if you have all three, but you might if you only have two.

I do love Scenting Blood, but it isn't as good if you have GC, as GC requires you to stay in position longer than say, pommel strike. It does synergize with Hamstring better, but less with GC.

Don't get me wrong, I love all the Katari skills, but some work better with others, and some work against each other. . . then there's the case of some not being needed. BMtW is one of the unnecessary ones. You'll never be flanked because you'll always be on the move.

PS: I like that you've collected all your build links here. The old way was drastically inefficient.

• Angelus_de_Mortiel likes this

DragonRacer

DragonRacer
  • Members
  • 10,012 posts

That topic is very convoluted, difficult to browse, and is infrequently updated. Furthermore, I have to post a topic for that topic to have and update anyway. Since I have posted a significant enough amount of content, I made the decision to go with my own post that I can update as needed rather than posting new topics every time I make a new video. It's far more efficient.

I do appreciate having one thread with all of someone's builds in them to link to, as it is more efficient and is nicer to list than 15 separate threads. However, as far as infrequently updated... I try to update every time a really good thread that should be in there gets posted, but that's not always a frequent occurrence here. I also don't necessarily post a new post in there saying I've updated the OP as that seems redundant and cluttery, so it may actually be updated more frequently than you think. I'm actually adding three more links at this very moment. However, I can't always view every thread here, so if you (or anyone) feels I've missed a thread that should be included, I always encourage folks to PM me or post in my thread to provide a link to whatever I may have missed.

I'm open to advice for making it less convoluted and difficult to browse. I'm currently unsure of how else to manage it other than grouping links under major subheadings.

Were your other account banned Mortiel?

No, Mortiel closed down his other account and left this place for a time. Good to see him back. 

ParthianShotX

ParthianShotX
  • Members
  • 2,242 posts

I'm currently unsure of how else to manage it other than grouping links under major subheadings.

I think the headings make it very navigable.  It was my first resource when I started MP and I thank you for your work.

• Grim68, DragonRacer and Zander-o- like this

apocalypse_owl

apocalypse_owl
  • Members
  • 318 posts

I do appreciate having one thread with all of someone's builds in them to link to, as it is more efficient and is nicer to list than 15 separate threads. However, as far as infrequently updated... I try to update every time a really good thread that should be in there gets posted, but that's not always a frequent occurrence here. I also don't necessarily post a new post in there saying I've updated the OP as that seems redundant and cluttery, so it may actually be updated more frequently than you think. I'm actually adding three more links at this very moment. However, I can't always view every thread here, so if you (or anyone) feels I've missed a thread that should be included, I always encourage folks to PM me or post in my thread to provide a link to whatever I may have missed.

I'm open to advice for making it less convoluted and difficult to browse. I'm currently unsure of how else to manage it other than grouping links under major subheadings.

Its very easy to browse and I know that you update often aswell, I personally think there is no issues whatsoever with your thread. Thanks for the work that you do :)

• DragonRacer likes this

Shadohz

Shadohz
  • Members
  • 1,662 posts

I'll try not to derail Mortiel's thread... too much.

What Drasca said. Add "Date Added" and/or "Last Updated On" to your content, as well as updating the Comment section with major changes. At times it will seem like you're talking to yourself but ppl pay attention to that stuff. It also gives them a feel for how often you update your content. I'd make all the highest contributors manage their own content (i.e. centralize their work) so that they're not clogging the RL. I created the FAQ catalog, not really for me but for you. As BW puts out more DLCs you're going to have to make tougher choices on what to add and what tor remove for the sake of readibility. I'd move the one-off build guides to the FAQ Catalog and consolidate Drasca's, PFs, and Mortiel's (which you have here) build guides. There's really only so much you can do due to the changes of this new BSN and the limited community moderation. It's probably for the best. Players should always have access to the content they create without fear of having it deleted or they're access blocked. 

WB Mortiel. 

• Drasca, DragonRacer and Angelus_de_Mortiel like this

Angelus_de_Mortiel

Angelus_de_Mortiel
  • Members
  • 696 posts

In hindsight, using the term "infrequently updated" was the wrong choice of words, because it's just not true. Not sure what I was trying to get at there. Maybe that it doesn't "automatically" update? I don't know. Whatever the case, I apologize for that abhorrently false statement.

Unfortunately, any time you have a topic in which a lot of information is stored, it becomes very difficult to navigate. You have already done a bloody fine job with that much information. About the only thing I can think of would be to start spoiler tagging sections to visually condense the post.

However, even with that, sometimes a post just has too much information. You can try to visually condense it, but it still ends up taking five minutes to scroll through the post. In that particular instance, there may be little that can be done, aside from creating a second topic entirely (which is often not an option).

Again, the "convoluted and difficult to navigate" nature of your resource library is mostly certainly not a reflection on your abilities. Anyone else trying to do the same would have likely made it twice as convoluted and nigh impossible to find anything. It's literally that there is just too much information to be able to avoid entropy.

Now, had all of us content makers condensed all of our various guides on a subject into posts like this, then you would likely have no such issues.

WB Mortiel. 

Thanks!

Hamstring is unreliable on Reaver because Reaver is not extremely mobile like Katari.

I do love Scenting Blood, but it isn't as good if you have GC, as GC requires you to stay in position longer than say, pommel strike. It does synergize with Hamstring better, but less with GC.

PS: I like that you've collected all your build links here. The old way was drastically inefficient.

So back on topic here:

I am just confused... why not do a build like this:

http://da-skills.net...010,110,00100,0

While Grapple Chain does root you to the ground for a half-second, that is one of three combat skills (not counting basic attacks). Scenting Blood not synergizing as optimally as with Pommell Strike as Grapple chain does not mean that it is not useful most of the time regardless.

(Admittedly, you are largely on point... I am just trying to keep my topic about build guide theorycrafting on topic, so I have to debate something lol)

• DragonRacer likes this

Drasca

Drasca
  • Members
  • 2,574 posts
why not do a build like this:

http://da-skills.net...010,110,00100,0

While Grapple Chain does root you to the ground for a half-second, that is one of three combat skills (not counting basic attacks). Scenting Blood not synergizing as optimally as with Pommell Strike as Grapple chain does not mean that it is not useful most of the time regardless.

(Admittedly, you are largely on point... I am just trying to keep my topic about build guide theorycrafting on topic, so I have to debate something lol)

LOL That build is certainly better than the previous, but you're overestimating the effect relentless has, and underestimating the effect other offensive passives have. Every other passive is better than Relentless here. Grisly mutilation, Blood Frenzy, even Crippling blows, all have much more drastic and clutch effects than Relentless. Heck even Resilience is a better passive, and lastly BMtW.

GC's root time is variable upon how distant the target is, and how good the player at correctly judging angular velocity (not missing with GC). It certainly isn't half a second. It is closer to 1.5-4.5 seconds all told. I think there's a distance limit. I'd have to time exact amount of root time, but between the chain activation, chain travel "get over here" time, and kick, it is enough to be pincushioned dead by arrows.

SB is still useful and it can be valuable, but it is certainly less valuable with GC around than something that is used while moving, like Pommel Strike, or takes advantage of the added Critical chance like Mighty Blow (and can be used quickly after moving, or takes down enemy health to SB levels).

Angelus_de_Mortiel

Angelus_de_Mortiel
  • Members
  • 696 posts

LOL That build is certainly better than the previous, but you're overestimating the effect relentless has, and underestimating the effect other offensive passives have. Every other passive is better than Relentless here. Grisly mutilation, Blood Frenzy, even Crippling blows, all have much more drastic and clutch effects than Relentless. Heck even Resilience is a better passive, and lastly BMtW.

GC's root time is variable upon how distant the target is, and how good the player at correctly judging angular velocity (not missing with GC). It certainly isn't half a second. It is closer to 1.5-4.5 seconds all told. I think there's a distance limit. I'd have to time exact amount of root time, but between the chain activation, chain travel "get over here" time, and kick, it is enough to be pincushioned dead by arrows.

SB is still useful and it can be valuable, but it is certainly less valuable with GC around than something that is used while moving, like Pommel Strike, or takes advantage of the added Critical chance like Mighty Blow (and can be used quickly after moving, or takes down enemy health to SB levels).

Wait, did they fix Grisly Mutilation? Last time I used it (about 3 weeks ago), it had a nasty habit of inflicting Panic on your teammates as opposed to enemies.

Aside, I am going to actually say that I agree here conditionally. I mean that as the effects of Relentless dimish greatly as more promotions are attained. For you, it's completely useless due to your promotions, which is why you are right in what you say... At least for you.

yarpenthemad21

yarpenthemad21
  • Members
  • 820 posts

Wait, did they fix Grisly Mutilation? Last time I used it (about 3 weeks ago), it had a nasty habit of inflicting Panic on your teammates as opposed to enemies.

Aside, I am going to actually say that I agree here conditionally. I mean that as the effects of Relentless dimish greatly as more promotions are attained. For you, it's completely useless due to your promotions, which is why you are right in what you say... At least for you.

No it still can fear party.
Still I'm pretty sure it's connected with some other passive, not with Grisly itself. I bet for I'll cost you. (like damage done by it is considered as enemy and if enemy kill himself it fears party).

As for the builds. Necro build looks quite old. Any new ideas for FC map and dragon hunt/balance changes in general for necro?
  • Angelus_de_Mortiel likes this

Drasca

Drasca
  • Members
  • 2,574 posts

No, I mean Relentless passive stats won't save you (clutch skill), but things like AoE Panic, Stun (resilience), Stagger Resistence (not getting trolled, BMtW), Extra damage (Lethal vs Non-lethal from blood frenzy)

Also watching your allies panic is fun! :lol:

Angelus_de_Mortiel

Angelus_de_Mortiel
  • Members
  • 696 posts

No, I mean Relentless passive stats won't save you (clutch skill), but things like AoE Panic, Stun (resilience), Stagger Resistence (not getting trolled, BMtW), Extra damage (Lethal vs Non-lethal from blood frenzy)

Also watching your allies panic is fun! :lol:

Ah, I see now. I personally don't need "clutch" skills like that, because I don't find myself struggling. If you need them, though, that's cool.

If you didn't guess, that's completely sarcastic.

Aside, I do think it's a matter of your view: With Relentless, I get four more Critical Hits out of a hundred (paired with Opportunist), which means four less seconds on cool downs. It may not seem like much, but it helps people that have low to medium promotions. After that, however, it really becomes a diminishing skill. 

Oh, and you are that guy... Panicking the team that just expertly dodged the Demon Commander's scream... Shame on you!  :P

Drasca

Drasca
  • Members
  • 2,574 posts
Oh, and you are that guy... Panicking the team that just expertly dodged the Demon Commander's scream... Shame on you!  :P

I am completely shameless. Too busy lmao'ing :D

However, the AoE Panic really is more reliable than 4% if you're behind an enemy at all, or the other very minor benefits. Same goes with all the other passives I've listed. 20% per enemy killed while you're capable of killing multiple enemies at once, or 4% more critical chance in the few times you're behind an enemy... hmm... which is more useful to me... Yeah, no, Relentless remains at the bottom of my priority list.

Angelus_de_Mortiel

Angelus_de_Mortiel
  • Members
  • 696 posts

I am completely shameless. Too busy lmao'ing :D

However, the AoE Panic really is more reliable than 4% if you're behind an enemy at all, or the other very minor benefits. Same goes with all the other passives I've listed. 20% per enemy killed while you're capable of killing multiple enemies at once, or 4% more critical chance in the few times you're behind an enemy... hmm... which is more useful to me... Yeah, no, Relentless remains at the bottom of my priority list.

Yup, but that's the beauty of having multiple viewpoints... Not everyone will find my build as fun as yours, or vise-versa.

As for the builds. Necro build looks quite old. Any new ideas for FC map and dragon hunt/balance changes in general for necro?

I unfortunately missed this post the first time around, but do not want to reply and shamelessly bump my thread without due reason.

I am currently working to get guides up for the three new classes, as well as my last two Beginner's Guides (that got delayed due to updates in the crafting system). I will not lead anyone on: With five videos all in progress around a rather hectic time of the year for me, Sidony may have to wait a month or two. Even then, I have planned second builds for the Legionnaire and Assassin in the works already.

(I quickly realized why Youtubers typically quit their day jobs to work Youtube full time, and often have a team working with them. A single video takes me at minimum a week to complete, but often times more.)

Don't mistake it: I love the Necromancer. Even with the new characters and balance changes, the Necromancer is still my favourite mage, especially with her being more biased toward DOT (which is what my Control Sapper build relied on for damage). Still not sure about Spirit Mark, but I will, in good faith, revisit that as well. I will note, however, that my Control Sapper build is still quite viable, as the increased DOT by Horror and Walking Bomb are even better than before (WB did get a per-tick nerf, but the increased time means more overall damage).

Edited by Angelus_de_Mortiel, 30 May 2015 - 12:52 PM.

yarpenthemad21

yarpenthemad21
  • Members
  • 820 posts

Don't mistake it: I love the Necromancer. Even with the new characters and balance changes, the Necromancer is still my favourite mage, especially with her being more biased toward DOT (which is what my Control Sapper build relied on for damage). Still not sure about Spirit Mark, but I will, in good faith, revisit that as well. I will note, however, that my Control Sapper build is still quite viable, as the increased DOT by Horror and Walking Bomb are even better than before (WB did get a per-tick nerf, but the increased time means more overall damage).

From my experience FC map need different approach for necro. Walking bomb, because of constant spawning can't just wipe everything at once. Now you need to aim it good and use it very often.
Spirit mark "strangely" aren't that useless anymore. Wave 4 and 3 on FC are long enough for those mobs to "matter" but it is important on what to use it. From my experience it should be: shadow, brute,mage, DD or pride demon.
Construction of FC also favors blizzard. In some spots, where archers tend to gather and shoot it can be maintain all the time and it will freeze enemies even.
Build made around mobile aggressive necro (fade step, fade cloak etc) for me just don't work at all on FC. Maybe with promotions but running around like mad don't end well when my necro is pretty much killed by 2 arrows.

Still, my main problem as necro on FC is strangely dragon fight. None of skills deal huge damage to dragon itself, and being killed by 2 dragon babies attacks aren't helping much with surviving the fight.

Drasca

Drasca
  • Members
  • 2,574 posts

Still, my main problem as necro on FC is strangely dragon fight. None of skills deal huge damage to dragon itself, and being killed by 2 dragon babies attacks aren't helping much with surviving the fight.

FC, Horror, Ice Mine, Spirit Mark, take your pick of what you want to use. Lack of burst single target damage is a bit of an issue for the Necro though. Energy Barrage would appear to take that role, but it is still pretty terrible. Fade Cloak probably remains the best bet with the easy FC + GS combo.

yarpenthemad21

yarpenthemad21
  • Members
  • 820 posts

FC, Horror, Ice Mine, Spirit Mark, take your pick of what you want to use. Lack of burst single target damage is a bit of an issue for the Necro though. Energy Barrage would appear to take that role, but it is still pretty terrible. Fade Cloak probably remains the best bet with the easy FC + GS combo.

I would use Fade step instead of FC on necro, mostly due to lack of barrier. Barrier user can FC and deal damage with it, not worrying that some random hit after that will kill him. As necro I prefer to just get the hell out of danger as fast as possible.

Angelus_de_Mortiel

Angelus_de_Mortiel
  • Members
  • 696 posts

Now, in most scenarios, this game immensely favours burst damage, leaving damage over time in a weird semi-useless area. However, against heavy enemies on Perilous (and harder), the damage over time potential of the Necromancer could really shine.

Except one problem: Horror, Walking Bomb, and Spirit Mark frequently have... issues... stacking with each other (not as bad as poison though). I have cast all three in quick succession on a Storm Dragon, and only saw two unique ticks. That completely ruins a Sapper/DOT build, which really annoys me.

Seriously though, Drasca... Do you use Fade Cloak literally on every mage, or have I just seem enough posts about your Necromancer builds that I am seeing it too much?

From my experience FC map need different approach for necro. Walking bomb, because of constant spawning can't just wipe everything at once. Now you need to aim it good and use it very often.
Spirit mark "strangely" aren't that useless anymore. Wave 4 and 3 on FC are long enough for those mobs to "matter" but it is important on what to use it. From my experience it should be: shadow, brute,mage, DD or pride demon.
Construction of FC also favors blizzard. In some spots, where archers tend to gather and shoot it can be maintain all the time and it will freeze enemies even.
Build made around mobile aggressive necro (fade step, fade cloak etc) for me just don't work at all on FC. Maybe with promotions but running around like mad don't end well when my necro is pretty much killed by 2 arrows.

So, this is essentially how I found Sidony is the most fun on FC is by sapping... Keep out of LOS and hit any group with your AoE abilities. Aside, the Flashfire + Virulence synergy is quite interesting as well on FC, and the metered spawns often paces out just fast enough where I can spread the Panic to new enemies as I kill the old ones. The drawbridge section was especially notable for this effect.

And as far as Dragons go, the Storm Dragon is weak to Spirit damage and the Fire Dragon is weak to Cold. You should never expect a good outcome bringing a Necromancer against the Frost Dragon. With that in mind, the Necromancer is all about DOT, which is a slower process if not supplemented with a burst damage class. Be cautious with your DOTs as the dragon get low on health, too, as I do not believe that the bug has been fixed with the dragon undying while in flight.

A solid team obvious would make her shine, as you can focus on dodging less and DOT'ing more. I don't really make any recommendations for solos since I don't think solos in this game are really any fun.

yarpenthemad21

yarpenthemad21
  • Members
  • 820 posts

So, this is essentially how I found Sidony is the most fun on FC is by sapping... Keep out of LOS and hit any group with your AoE abilities. Aside, the Flashfire + Virulence synergy is quite interesting as well on FC, and the metered spawns often paces out just fast enough where I can spread the Panic to new enemies as I kill the old ones. The drawbridge section was especially notable for this effect.

Any tips for spreading panic with virulence?

Angelus_de_Mortiel

Angelus_de_Mortiel
  • Members
  • 696 posts

Any tips for spreading panic with virulence?

I found Flashfire to work best with this, despite Horror seemingly being more ideal. That is even more so now that Flashfire has been buffed.

The way I do it is as follows:
1. Hit a weaker enemy in the middle of a group with Virulent Walking Bomb.
2. Basic attack or weaken him quickly till he has a small amount of health.
3. Hit that same enemy with Flashfire once he is almost dead.
4. Virulent Walking bomb detonates as he dies, as does the Panic from Flashfire, to all nearby enemies.

The key is that DOT does not cancel out Panic. If on Threatening or below, the damage from Walking Bomb will frequently chain-kill groups by itself, and if those enemies are Panicked, that also cascades through the group.

On Perilous, the same tactic requires a bit of teamwork to be most effective, as wearing enemies down can take a bit longer and Walking Bomb shines better on Perilous if detonated immediately (which works counter to my tactic above). I found it best to get a solid burst DPS teammate to "assassinate" key targets once the Panic snowball starts to keep it going (e.g. kill the enemy quickly enough that the Panic is not canceled). However, the tactic still can work.

Honestly though... If you are more about the pure mathematical efficiency of a class, like Drasca, then this tactic is not for you. It's just a fun game to play more than anything. It really started as me struggling to find a use for the arguably useless Flashfire.