Photo

Virtuoso Perilous Solo - Castle map, red templars. Failed mid-wave 5, but still a good attempt. [Build + video + tips inside!]

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Wavebend

Wavebend
  • Members
  • 1,885 posts

IMO, Zither! is more overpowered than the Arcane Warrior. He has better survivability without the need of barrier, has better AoE attacks and has better ranged options. (And he's the only character which can survive to a RT shadow backstab!)

Wave 3 and 4 were done in the open, with a 70 killstreak and 76 killstreak, respectively. Here's the full video:

A run done correctly could take under 20-ish minutes.

Stats = 13 consitution, 73 willpower, 33 cunning

Build used:

GC5qV3c.png

I've done a lot of testing over the last few days in order to find exactly how each ability works. Here are my findings:

• Barrier is completely unnecessary as long as you use "A Little Knight Music" and "Fortifying Arpeggio". Keeping "A Little Knight Music" as an active status and continually casting songs will reduce most, if not all physical damage received to 1 if done correctly.
  • Therefore, "Strength of Spirits" and "Knight-Protector" aren't needed for soloing.
  • "Cool Beats" is extremely effective when used with the passive "Long Solo". Duration is increased to 12 seconds; the single target damage is increased from 2400% to 3600% and the AoE damage from 1200% to 1800% wep. damage.
  • "Cool Beats" cannot be stacked on single targets (because it is similar to a status effect), but the AoE damage can be stacked by applying Cool Beats on multiple enemies in the same 4m area.
  • Winter Music is essential, as it reduces incoming damage up to 30%, and using the Cool Beats + A Little Knight Music combo will always keep a 10% active reduction on damage.
  • "Inferno Music" (+10% dmg for each fire chord) only works "on cast", which means it only applies to the first 'tick' of Cool Beats, and is therefore worthless unless you also use 'Power Chord' and/or "Hot Licks" in your build.
  • "Blood Frenzy" and "Conductive Current" work correctly with every 'tick' of Cool Beats. Keep your mana low to deal as much damage as possible.
  • "Blood Frenzy", when used with Cool Beats, can help you self-revive extremely efficiently. In fact, being at 0% health will make all 'ticks' from Cool Beats deal 50% more damage, aiding you in self-revival.
  • Killer Set doesn't seem to work with the 'Barrier' song, so if you need to generate a lot of 'buffer damage', make sure to use other songs

From all testing I've done, the linked build is by FAR the most effective build for soloing. If I ever happen to complete a full solo run, it will undoubtedly make use of the same build. Feel free to ask questions or add suggestions.

• Drasca and Zander-o- like this

DrascatonisFade3K

DrascatonisFade3K
  • Members
  • 114 posts
Crucial info, nice work. Will definitely use this build.

Drasca

Drasca
  • Members
  • 2,574 posts

Nice! I'll have to try CB -> PC.

Since I do have stats, I will likely tailor this build to me with fewer defensive passives / options. I don't need them, and with more offensive (upgraded power chord for example). Everyone should tailor builds to their own gear/stats/skill etc anyway.

TBH, I can get away with just running around PC everything in a team environment. Less auto-attacking, more chasing down enemies to kill them at close range, since lethal is usually 2-3 PC for me. Only one PC if a lot of power of the dead has been triggered.

Oh you'll like this story Wavebend, yesterday while pugging as Keeper (I do that every now and then), I solo'ed the Perilous Frost dragon after everyone else died. Hid behind a trebuchet (prevents wing/flap attack from affecting me), dodged frostballs, and killed dragonlings. Took a disgustingly long time, but much eaiser than trying to Templar her at close range ahaha. Note, even frostballs are slowed by disruption field.

Staff of the Dragon of course for burning that fire vulnerable Frost Dragon skin, and Heal on Kill vs Dragonlings.

• Zander-o- and Wavebend like this

Theghostof_timmy

Theghostof_timmy
  • Members
  • 1,149 posts

Mark of the Riff applies to Power Chord. I've used it many a time.