Photo

List of ability rings (working/not working) UPDATED 23rd June

107 replies to this topic

graythegeek

graythegeek
  • Members
  • 83 posts

I've seen a few folks on here asking whether there's a list, and apparently there isn't, so here's my efforts which are far from complete. Those playing a while seem to know all of this, but newer players like me might appreciate a reference list. 

UPDATE: Luke has commented on several rings, and many players have reported test results. Thankyou. The positive result of our hard work is several updates and upgrades promised to rings.

Work in progress, and clearly I don't own every ring yet, but I'll edit and change if this is helpful to anyone:

Mage Classes

Spoiler

Rogue Classes 

Spoiler

Warrior Classes 

Spoiler

This link shows testing conducted some months back, which is probably still fairly accurate.

http://www.reddit.co.../ability_rings/

• Drasca, Innarra, Dekibra and 11 others like this

ALTBOULI

ALTBOULI
  • Members
  • 2,700 posts
I'm pretty sure the dispel ring is duration based and Dispel is an immediate effect which leads me to believe that the rimg does not work. I have that and the Disruption field ring, will try them out and let you know
  • ParthianShotX likes this

graythegeek

graythegeek
  • Members
  • 83 posts

I'm pretty sure the dispel ring is duration based and Dispel is an immediate effect which leads me to believe that the rimg does not work. I have that and the Disruption field ring, will try them out and let you know

Ok, thanks!

jeremyj26

jeremyj26
  • Members
  • 194 posts

Does the Barrier Ring work with AW?

akots1

akots1
  • Members
  • 1,220 posts

Static Cage ring works. I tested recently. Also, long shot ring works.

Theghostof_timmy

Theghostof_timmy
  • Members
  • 1,149 posts

Does the Barrier Ring work with AW?

No. The "Barrier" in Barrier Ring references Barrier the ability, not the barrier itself. That question is the equivalent of saying "Does my winter's grasp ring buff all my ice damage?" *

*No.

• Angelus_de_Mortiel likes this

Texasmotiv

Texasmotiv
  • Members
  • 1,254 posts

I have pretty much every ring :/ I can try to do some of this testing tonight if I get some time.

Godlovesall1416

Godlovesall1416
  • Members
  • 18 posts

ill also pitch in if i have the time tonight, pretty sure i have every ring cept longshot

ParthianShotX

ParthianShotX
  • Members
  • 2,242 posts

Count me in on the testing.  For those more knowledgeable, is it safe to rely on the  stats in the tooltip to measure if ring is working or am I going to have to do runs with them.  Because if it's the latter, I'm gonna be awhile. 

graythegeek

graythegeek
  • Members
  • 83 posts

Thanks for above posts all. I've made 1 or 2 updates.

FRZN

FRZN
  • Members
  • 322 posts
For ice mine I think the ring probably increases the duration of the mine rather than the freeze effect.

I'm pretty sure the dispel ring is duration based and Dispel is an immediate effect which leads me to believe that the rimg does not work.

I would assume it's for the upgrade.

jerky

jerky
  • Members
  • 213 posts
Spinning blades, poisoned weapons, and toxic cloud for rogue all work.
Spike trap increases duration which is stupid, so I'll have to test it out.
Counterstrike ring does not work.

Yumi

Yumi
  • Members
  • 1,194 posts

Static Cage ring works. I tested recently. Also, long shot ring works.

Long shot ring doesn't work for me. It lowers the damage when I tested. I do have a lot of high end accessories and builds, so it might have been something there, I will investigate. But my long shot crits went from like 4k down to like 3.2k.

jeremyj26

jeremyj26
  • Members
  • 194 posts

No. The "Barrier" in Barrier Ring references Barrier the ability, not the barrier itself. That question is the equivalent of saying "Does my winter's grasp ring buff all my ice damage?" *

*No.

Could have just said no. <_<

Yumi

Yumi
  • Members
  • 1,194 posts
Payback strike, lunge and slash and shield bash all working properly.

Texasmotiv

Texasmotiv
  • Members
  • 1,254 posts

Could have just said no. <_<

I think the explanation was helpful as well so people understand the same idea is in effect for things like barrier that is generated from Dispel, mind blast, or placed on you by someone else.

• Brewskin and Angelus_de_Mortiel like this

Texasmotiv

Texasmotiv
  • Members
  • 1,254 posts

Has anyone tested ability rings with masterworks? Like Caltrops ring + Bow of helpful hazard.

Yumi

Yumi
  • Members
  • 1,194 posts

Has anyone tested ability rings with masterworks? Like Caltrops ring + Bow of helpful hazard.

I've asked that before and never gotten an answer. Considering I have all the weapons and ability rings that could combo like this, I shall investigate tonight.

Someone who tested lots of stuff did tell me he tried and they didn't work though.
  • Texasmotiv likes this

graythegeek

graythegeek
  • Members
  • 83 posts

Thanks again for above replies, made amendments and done some testing myself for Spike trap/Knockout powder.

My hunter is kind of weird right now, but it's in the name of science!

Courtnehh

Courtnehh
  • Members
  • 948 posts
Good job mate!

Yumi

Yumi
  • Members
  • 1,194 posts
On a side note it would be helpful to add ring type: damage or duration. Even if ring is working properly, it's mostly to completely useless if it's a duration ring on instant skills.

But I guess we could have a separate thread for that since I'm sure a ton of arguing about usefulness of duration rings will occur.

graythegeek

graythegeek
  • Members
  • 83 posts

On a side note it would be helpful to add ring type: damage or duration. Even if ring is working properly, it's mostly to completely useless if it's a duration ring on instant skills.

But I guess we could have a separate thread for that since I'm sure a ton of arguing about usefulness of duration rings will occur.

Good point, and starting to see some of those issues above with Ice/Fire mine. I'll edit where I can though probably not a wholesale revision.

ALTBOULI

ALTBOULI
  • Members
  • 2,700 posts

For ice mine I think the ring probably increases the duration of the mine rather than the freeze effect.I would assume it's for the upgrade.

Someone correct me if i'm wrong here but I was under the impression the rings (like weapons with abilities) only applies to the first level of a power so the firemine ring (duration) doesnt work because you get the dot damage with the evo.

This would also apply to something like dispel
  • Angelus_de_Mortiel likes this

hellbiter88

hellbiter88
  • Members
  • 1,571 posts

I know that disruption field ring does actually work. It's effect is pretty subtle, but I've timed it before and it does increase duration. I'm pretty sure that lightning bolt ring works, as well. Although tbh I haven't done extensive testing on that.

The ring of firestorm does not work! I didn't see it on your list but I thought that I would mention that anyway. I've tested that ring before by taking sample damage numbers on the same enemies with the same level elementalist on the same difficulty, with and without the ring equipped--and the dmg values never showed a 30% damage increase.

hellbiter88

hellbiter88
  • Members
  • 1,571 posts

Also, as a side note: I agree that I don't think the ring of Fire Mine works. But why was this ring described to increase duration in the first place? If this ring gets fixed, I hope it increases fire mine damage as that would be infinitely more useful for taking up an accessory slot.