Photo

Wavebend's Status Effect Quick Reference Guide

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Wavebend

Wavebend
  • Members
  • 1,885 posts

This quick reference guide aims to define how various status effects affect each enemy in MP. This guide can be used to aid players in finding better sources of control. Some lists are still incomplete (WIP). However, everything that you read has been thoroughly tested & verified.

Green = Enemy is always vulnerable to said status

Brown = Enemy is vulnerable but certain conditions may apply (refer to footnote)

Red = Enemy is immune

Sleep

Spoiler

Frozen

Spoiler

Panicked/Fear

Spoiler

Knockdown

Spoiler

Shocked

Spoiler

Weakened

Spoiler

Taunted

Spoiler

Burning

Spoiler

Stunned (WIP)

Spoiler

Chilled (WIP)

Spoiler

Paralyzed

Spoiler

Disruption field

Spoiler

Misc

Spoiler

• Drasca, akots1, Ispan and 22 others like this

Yallegro

Yallegro
  • Members
  • 617 posts

Your list of creatures seems to be incomplete in places.

In my experience there is no difference whatsoever between the charging creatures: druffalo, gurn, bog fisher etc which I call the Great Beasts. I know the big lizards are different though.

Snakebite

Snakebite
  • Members
  • 783 posts

This is a very comprehensive list, and easy to use and understand.  Should definitely be pinned in the Resource Library.

Fun Fact: You actually can knockdown Venatori Brutes and the Venatori Commander with Deathblow, but seeing as it is unique to that one ability, I won't fault you on leaving it out.  :P

• Wavebend likes this

Wavebend

Wavebend
  • Members
  • 1,885 posts

Your list of creatures seems to be incomplete in places.

In my experience there is no difference whatsoever between the charging creatures: druffalo, gurn, bog fisher etc which I call the Great Beasts. I know the big lizards are different though.

You're probably right on that. I'm still missing a few creatures (varghest, wyvern, etc.) + fearling for demons.. I'll update asap :)

This is a very comprehensive list, and easy to use and understand.  Should definitely be pinned in the Resource Library.

Fun Fact: You actually can knockdown Venatori Brutes and the Venatori Commander with Deathblow, but seeing as it is unique to that one ability, I won't fault you on leaving it out.  :P

I had no idea. lol

• Proto likes this

Snakebite

Snakebite
  • Members
  • 783 posts

You're probably right on that. I'm still missing a few creatures (varghest, wyvern, etc.) + fearling for demons.. I'll update asap :)

Don't forget the High Dragon.  B)

Drasca

Drasca
  • Members
  • 2,574 posts

Should consider slow too. Fun fact the High Dragon says she has slow immunity, but the debuff can still be applied. I saw that watching from the fade.

I had no idea. lol

Let me add some you're missing

Sleep:

Breaks 1.5 in after direct damage is applied unless the upgraded KOB/KOP is used, then 3 seconds, otherwise full duration.

Stun:

Shield wall can stun (regular footsoldiers) / stagger (DC) when enemies hit it upon successful block.

Wrath of Heaven, Pommel Srike,

Block and Slash will stun shield enemies, and knockback non-shield enemies.

Supposedly stagger on hit can stun enemies, it just won't display on the status effect, but it can be detonated. I haven't done enough testing as it wasn't reliable enough to use.

Frozen:
Chilling Tremor upgrade Freezing Quake

Knockdown:
Twin fangs can knock enemies down as well, even though it generally kills them. TF can knockdown a surprising number of enemies that cannot normally be knocked down.

Walking bomb, Explode on kill, Explosive shot, Fire Mine, Fade Cloak and Spike Trap can also knockdown enemies, often to hilarious effect (the latter half launching them in the air)

• Zander-o-, Wavebend, Angelus_de_Mortiel and 1 other like this

K_A_Rnage

K_A_Rnage
  • Members
  • 436 posts
Burning:
Shattered Ground
Scorched Earth

Frozen:
Freezing Quake

Great write up OP ;)
  • Wavebend likes this

K_A_Rnage

K_A_Rnage
  • Members
  • 436 posts
I have a request Wavebend:
Would you be able to add the relevant detonators to your spoilers?
Having all the info in one place would be awesome!! I'd even shout you a beer :D

JayWee1

JayWee1
  • Members
  • 9 posts

The last attack in the basic-attack-cycle of the fire-/ elec-/ ice-staves will apply burning / shocked/ chilled.

Especially the elec-staves can be very useful for the sleep-combo.

DragonRacer

DragonRacer
  • Members
  • 10,012 posts

It will be. I have it bookmarked right now, but I will wait until later today or tomorrow to make an update, simply because this sudden news of a patch bodes well for NEW THINGS dropping Soon™... which may also need to be tagged in the Resource Library. :)

To quote dear Luka, "Excitement!" :D

• Ghost Of N7_SP3CTR3 and Snakebite like this

Zander-o-

Zander-o-
  • Members
  • 80 posts

Excuse me...... But i really can't see very well the difference between brown and green (i'm colorblind). Do all the browns have an * or ** on them?

Also, thanks a lot! This list will surelly help, i can at least be sure about the ones that are completely immune XD

(btw, does stone fist have knockdown? Idk what the effect is, but i love to launch the shielded enemies flying during their charge with it :D)

Beerfish

Beerfish
  • Members
  • 23,825 posts

Good list, well done.  For sure highlights certain characters vs certain bosses.  Mages with wintersgrasp really help out a great deal with the Vent commander and alchemists really shine vs the Red Trampler Commander.

fgabriel

fgabriel
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Despair demon are immune to knockdown when they have barrier on :(

Minuos

Minuos
  • Members
  • 672 posts

They aren't quite immune, but it's definitely harder to knock them down.

Yallegro

Yallegro
  • Members
  • 617 posts

Despair demons are just hard to hit when they do their beam attack, they also stop being staggered by Chain Lightning.

The poor alchemist can only try and stab at their feet when they do that.

And ya they briefly can't be knocked down if they just cast Barrier

Wavebend

Wavebend
  • Members
  • 1,885 posts

Today's update:

- Added Taunted section

- Completed Paralyzed Section

- Added "Mechanics" section for Sleep, Frozen, Panicked, Knockdown, Shocked, Weakened, Taunted, Burning, Paralyzed, Disruption Field

- Greatly improved "Source of [Status]" section for Sleep, Frozen, Panicked, Knockdown, Shocked, Weakened, Taunted, Burning, Paralyzed

Not immune

Excuse me...... But i really can't see very well the difference between brown and green (i'm colorblind). Do all the browns have an * or ** on them?

Also, thanks a lot! This list will surelly help, i can at least be sure about the ones that are completely immune XD

(btw, does stone fist have knockdown? Idk what the effect is, but i love to launch the shielded enemies flying during their charge with it :D)

Let me know if I need to change the color to something else (please suggest :) )

Should consider slow too. Fun fact the High Dragon says she has slow immunity, but the debuff can still be applied. I saw that watching from the fade.

Let me add some you're missing

Sleep:

Breaks 1.5 in after direct damage is applied unless the upgraded KOB/KOP is used, then 3 seconds, otherwise full duration.

Stun:

Shield wall can stun (regular footsoldiers) / stagger (DC) when enemies hit it upon successful block.

Wrath of Heaven, Pommel Srike,

Block and Slash will stun shield enemies, and knockback non-shield enemies.

Supposedly stagger on hit can stun enemies, it just won't display on the status effect, but it can be detonated. I haven't done enough testing as it wasn't reliable enough to use.

Frozen:
Chilling Tremor upgrade Freezing Quake

Knockdown:
Twin fangs can knock enemies down as well, even though it generally kills them. TF can knockdown a surprising number of enemies that cannot normally be knocked down.

Walking bomb, Explode on kill, Explosive shot, Fire Mine, Fade Cloak and Spike Trap can also knockdown enemies, often to hilarious effect (the latter half launching them in the air)

Thanks. However the info is not correct for sleep. Any damage will immediately break the effect

Gya

Gya
  • Members
  • 1,523 posts

Today's update:

- Added Taunted section
- Completed Paralyzed Section
- Added "Mechanics" section for Sleep, Frozen, Panicked, Knockdown, Shocked, Weakened, Taunted, Burning, Paralyzed, Disruption Field
- Greatly improved "Source of [Status]" section for Sleep, Frozen, Panicked, Knockdown, Shocked, Weakened, Taunted, Burning, Paralyzed

Not immune

Let me know if I need to change the color to something else (please suggest :) )

Thanks. However the info is not correct for sleep. Any damage will immediately break the effect

Did not know that. I could have sworn there's a brief window after they take damage where they're still asleep, but I'm not very observant. Thanks for the info.

Wavebend

Wavebend
  • Members
  • 1,885 posts

Did not know that. I could have sworn there's a brief window after they take damage where they're still asleep, but I'm not very observant. Thanks for the info.

I tested mostly with knockout bomb. If you're using a shock+weaken combo or Knockout Powder + upgrade then the duration is obviously longer