Photo

DAMP Damage Calculation Spreadsheet by Drasca

22 replies to this topic

Drasca

Drasca
  • Members
  • 2,574 posts

Due to my desire to compare weapon loadouts, I made a public google spreadsheet which anyone can input values based on the SP combat formula here:

http://forum.bioware...mbat-mechanics/

Enter your total build and gear's base ability_multiplier (usually weapon damage % sometimes multiplied by passives), enemy armor, and other values in Columns B through K, enter Willpower Below and see a result instantly. Enter % numbers as whole numbers. Example, enter 50% armor penetration as 50. The formula will adjust for you. There are multiple columns for your weapon loadouts, and enemy armor values.

Make a copy for yourself if someone else is active using it and you need to use immediately.

Disclaimer: There will be errors. This public spreadsheet is for primarily for demonstration & comparison purposes. Since anyone can edit it, anyone could sabotage it too. It is provided on an honor system that no one will sabotage the spreadsheet's formula. I will be keeping a private copy for back-up. Do not use it as definitive 'proof', and everything is provided on an as-is basis. We also do not know the full placement of player passives on the damage formula, so assume that the calculation you make will be wrong. That said, it still likely better than everything else out there currently and 'less wrong' than doing a manual calculation if you're not familiar with the damage formula at all.

Where this spreadsheet shines is in comparing different weapon loadouts and upgrades, and getting a visual representation of what happens when you critical hit vs flank & AP vs multiple armor values.

Again, a reminder that all formula are works in progress. However, this is the best I have right now, and a fairly useful tool for those inclined.

Please do not sabotage the formula, and please don't try to use 'proof' for personal vendettas with sabotaged formula. I will take it down if I see it misused. Locked, and spreadsheet protected outside of input areas

Otherwise, enjoy the math.

Public version, immediately useable:

https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

View only version in case the above gets sabotaged again:

-- Copy the spreadsheet for yourself and input values for your own personal usage:

https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

If you see the Public Version sabotaged, feel free to use the View only version, and please consider copy-pasting from the View only version to restore the Public Version.

Edited by Drasca, 15 July 2015 - 04:04 PM.

• JAMiAM, yarpenthemad21, Ispan and 22 others like this

Drasca

Drasca
  • Members
  • 2,574 posts

Seriously guys, quit sabotaging the tool for other people. I've had to restore from backup five times now. It doesn't hurt me, as I've got my own copy, but it its hurting everyone else that wants to use it. Don't spit in the public fountain.

• Beerfish, Ispan, Banxey and 3 others like this

Xanterra

Xanterra
  • Members
  • 66 posts

Looks great. Thanks for the resource.
Particularly helpful for scrubs like me who keep wanting to use Attack when it's bonus damage.

DragonRacer

DragonRacer
  • Members
  • 10,012 posts

Folks,

Whatever your personal opinion of Drasca, if this is a tool that is beneficial to the community (which it seems so to me), please LEAVE IT ALONE so that it can be added to the Resource Library for people to use.

You can dislike an author all you want, but if his works aid others, don't deface his textbooks. Leave resources alone - that's all I ask.

• Drasca, JAMiAM, Ispan and 5 others like this

Ispan

Ispan
  • Members
  • 2,022 posts
Thanks for putting this together and including the view only, I look forward to playing around with it when I get home.
  • Drasca likes this

Drasca

Drasca
  • Members
  • 2,574 posts

Finally locked down all the important regions. Sabotage should be impossible now on the Public version. View only version still available for copy.

• DragonRacer and ParthianShotX like this

GreySpectre

GreySpectre
  • Members
  • 269 posts

Can't watch either for some reason, just getting empty cells

PerseusNZ

PerseusNZ
  • Members
  • 30 posts
This is useful, thank you for putting it together. Could I suggest a second sheet with a brief description of each of the variables? And perhaps a table of the armour values for each of the enemies at the bottom of that sheet?

Also, if you added a crit damage percent line, you could probably work out an average damage per hit based on the number of normal vs critical hits, which is useful for those of us with less than 200 cunning.

daima17

daima17
  • Members
  • 51 posts

Thanks Drasca for your time, it's useful when choosing how to upgrade our weapons.

Proto

Proto
  • Members
  • 1,775 posts

When making decisions keep in mind the above spreadsheet does not take into account your critical chance. 

daima17

daima17
  • Members
  • 51 posts

When making decisions keep in mind the above spreadsheet does not take into account your critical chance. 

You can just add the formula on excel to calculate the average number of your hits including your chance to crit. But I understand why Drasca didnt think of it as I suppose he never hits without critting. :P

Drasca

Drasca
  • Members
  • 2,574 posts

This is useful, thank you for putting it together. Could I suggest a second sheet with a brief description of each of the variables? And perhaps a table of the armour values for each of the enemies at the bottom of that sheet?

Also, if you added a crit damage percent line, you could probably work out an average damage per hit based on the number of normal vs critical hits, which is useful for those of us with less than 200 cunning.

If I had the armor values, I would list them. The first link to aznricepuff's thread explains the variables, though not perfectly.

Average damage is also misleading, as there's lots of abilities that can either guarantee criticals, or greatly increase critical chance. Actual practical critical chance is often more skill & build based.

It does however reflect both critical and non critical values. If you want more derived numbers, I'm open to suggestion.

Drasca

Drasca
  • Members
  • 2,574 posts

Can't watch either for some reason, just getting empty cells

There were people sabotaging the public one earlier, but I don't know why you're unable to use it now that it is protected.

Gya

Gya
  • Members
  • 1,523 posts
Thanks Drasc. +1 for useful content.
  • Kalas Magnus likes this

yarpenthemad21

yarpenthemad21
  • Members
  • 820 posts
Simple and effective. Good work. I would suggest adding average damage (weighted by crit chance) to help ppl who want to choose between crit chance and whatever.

As for the armor values...most annoying is that I can't do it alone. We need drasca some day try it, just someone should die and get numbers. To get all enemies we need like 3, 4 and 1st wave I think?
  • Proto likes this

Yallegro

Yallegro
  • Members
  • 617 posts

Damn trolls ey

Maybe ask bioware to set up a support group for butthurt players

Drasca

Drasca
  • Members
  • 2,574 posts

Simple and effective. Good work. I would suggest adding average damage (weighted by crit chance) to help ppl who want to choose between crit chance and whatever.

I really don't want to do critical chance weighted averages (or averages in general), because they're really really misleading given how small enemy health pools are relative to player damage. You're free to add your own, but I don't think they're a good idea.

yarpenthemad21

yarpenthemad21
  • Members
  • 820 posts

I really don't want to do critical chance weighted averages (or averages in general), because they're really really misleading given how small enemy health pools are relative to player damage. You're free to add your own, but I don't think they're a good idea.

With NM as a exception pretty much.
In general right, for everything up to perilous hits to kill, or crit streak model would be better, but for this I would love to have enemies health and armor values.

Drasca

Drasca
  • Members
  • 2,574 posts

With NM as a exception pretty much.
In general right, for everything up to perilous hits to kill, or crit streak model would be better, but for this I would love to have enemies health and armor values.

Even then, NM is killed within 4 hits. . . . or in the case of wombo combo, one combo and maybe a basic attack. Instead of dead within 2-3 seconds, NM enemies should be dead within 5-10 seconds for maximum efficiency.

Don't get me wrong, I want the armor values too. I know the health values though, they were double what perilous were. Still useful to get exact values of course.

yarpenthemad21

yarpenthemad21
  • Members
  • 820 posts

Even then, NM is killed within 4 hits. . . . or in the case of wombo combo, one combo and maybe a basic attack. Instead of dead within 2-3 seconds, NM enemies should be dead within 5-10 seconds for maximum efficiency.

Don't get me wrong, I want the armor values too. I know the health values though, they were double what perilous were. Still useful to get exact values of course.

Not like x 4 or 3 of this perilous ones? I've seen zealots with 15k other units with 16k and even stupid wraith with almost 5k.

Drasca

Drasca
  • Members
  • 2,574 posts

Not like x 4 or 3 of this perilous ones? I've seen zealots with 15k other units with 16k and even stupid wraith with almost 5k.

Either way. Definitely worth screenshotting everyone. Printscreen dumps a file to the Dragon age folder in user documents.

Some of the values I remember are from before they boosted levels, so still worth to get freshly recorded info.

Luke Barrett

Luke Barrett
  • BioWare Employees
  • 1,638 posts

If it helps heres how the health math and armor work:

There is a base health value for creatures in general for every level and then depending what the creature has for their health multiplier it multiplies by plus a value for the difficulty (which all have different multiplier values).

So: Base Health[level] * (HealthModifier + DifficultyModifier)

(elites and bosses calculate differently, this is just for standard enemies)

As for armor it is a little more static. There is again a base value depending on the level of the creature and then it has a static modifier that either adds or subtract a flat amount depending on what the individual creature has.

So: Base Armor[level] +/- ArmorModifier

Lastly, SP and MP use the same base values but not the same health and difficulty modifiers.

Good luck! B)

• Drasca and Ispan like this

PerseusNZ

PerseusNZ
  • Members
  • 30 posts
Perilous dragon has 232k HP while the nightmare dragon has 492k HP. I don't remember the armour values though.