Photo

Base Hitpoints! (Yet another info topic)

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

kmeeg

kmeeg
  • Members
  • 372 posts

So I was wondering about the base hitpoints on the different classes. You know where this is going, don't you? Yes, I know, that I wonder about a lot of strange things. 

I figured, that I might as well share my findings with those that may be interested. I therefor decided to get my wife killed a few times to test it out. She got 0 constitution promotes on her account. Sorry about the bad quality of the screenshots!

Result:

Keeper: 450 Base Hitpoint

Archer: 500 Base Hitpoint

Legionnaire: 550 Base Hitpoint

Katari: 675 Base Hitpoint

HP gain / Level

Keeper: (534-450)/14 = 6 Hitpoint pr. level

Archer: (625-500)/14 = 8.92 Hitpoint pr. level

Legionnaire: (823-550)/14 = 19.5 Hitpoint pr. level Corrupt Data

Keeper:

6EdMB4M.jpg

Archer:

AWLJUl5.jpg

Legionnaire:

2zTWTEY.jpg

Katari:

0Ol8IBC.png

Sorry that I did not get a lv.15 screenshot of the Katari  :(

Wife allowed me to suicide her characters or I would have been in BIG BIG trouble!

• Dekibra, heartsofruin, Sulaco_7 and 9 others like this

kmeeg

kmeeg
  • Members
  • 372 posts

So I made a topic a few days ago by efficient hitpoints: http://forum.bioware...-hitpoints-ehp/

(See the discussion under that topic for more accurate information. This post is kept simple)

I figured that I may aswell make that for the Keeper, Archer and Legionnaire.

Stats, defence and effective hitpoint (EHP).

EHP is calculated by taking your life, and divide it by your damage reduction to show how much your total health pool is worth.

When you promote you gain higher stats.

1 promote will give you either 0.5% 'Melee' (con), 0.5% 'Ranged' (cun) or 0.5% 'Magic'(will) defence:

One point in a stat will slowly become worth more and more until you cap at 80% defence.

Formula

EHP = Hitpoint pool / (1-Defence)

For the following graphs it is important to know this:

• % Defence is for melee/ranged and Magic
  • I have added +5 hit point for each point in constitution after the initial 10.
  • Assume the character got an equal amount of stat in each attribute. (will/cun/con)
  • This shows a clear picture of what happens when you level up.
  • THis is the base. No gear/skill have been factored in, which can have a huge impact on EHP

Keeper:

WcUuJsr.png

ERlyMJc.png

Archer:

qL6MLV0.png

BrBzd60.png

Legionnaire:

eRXIuLI.png

• Samahl na Revas, TheThirdRace, LearnedHand and 6 others like this

Wavebend

Wavebend
  • Members
  • 1,885 posts

You just proved that core stats/defenses make no sense

gFJwnPt.png

Unless I'm missing something, there's no way the Katari should have 675 health when nearly all his stat bars are lower than those of lego, who only has 550 hp

• Medallian, Proto, kmeeg and 2 others like this

kmeeg

kmeeg
  • Members
  • 372 posts

You just proved that core stats/defenses make no sense

<snip>

Unless I'm missing something, there's no way the Katari should have 675 health when nearly all his stat bars are lower than those of lego, who only has 550 hp

Thats a really good point!

DragonRacer

DragonRacer
  • Members
  • 10,012 posts

Don't forget that Katari got a buff to base health many moons ago, back when they added guard-on-hit to him. Maybe that isn't reflected in the HQ/game stats?

• Dieb, Wavebend and Nythrius like this

Wavebend

Wavebend
  • Members
  • 1,885 posts

Don't forget that Katari got a buff to base health many moons ago, back when they added guard-on-hit to him. Maybe that isn't reflected in the HQ/game stats?

That explains it. If this only applies to the Katari, then Kmeeg's data could help us find the base stats for each character

Dieb

Dieb
  • Members
  • 4,631 posts

I think those values are correct, but they just changed the derived numbers.

The Lego has higher base CON, and while it does give him higher defense, it still means less derived health for him, because BLuke said so.

edit:

Or, you know, also exactly what she said.

• Nythrius likes this

Nythrius

Nythrius
  • Members
  • 265 posts

1213073.jpg

;)

• Kalas Magnus and Medallian like this

Proto

Proto
  • Members
  • 1,775 posts

Level 1's are beastly.  :P

• Medallian and kmeeg like this

Texasmotiv

Texasmotiv
  • Members
  • 1,254 posts

Saw a random twitch stream where a kid kicked a level 1 from perilous. I wish I could have shown him this.

• Proto and kmeeg like this

Gya

Gya
  • Members
  • 1,523 posts
+2 FOR SCIENCE!

This thread pleases me.
  • Medallian and Proto like this

LearnedHand

LearnedHand
  • Members
  • 371 posts

So my lv.1 archer (80 something con) has almost twice the ehp of a lv.15 lego with no con promotes. 

Spectr61

Spectr61
  • Members
  • 697 posts
Ah-ha!

I always guessed KMEEG was an engineer.

Beyond all doubt now.

Niiice charts!
  • kmeeg likes this

K_A_Rnage

K_A_Rnage
  • Members
  • 436 posts
This is something I will happily help with.
Necro has low start hp, my guess is 400
I will conduct testing tonight.

posvic

posvic
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Since you did all the work, I should point out that you transposed the lvl 15 keeper hp.  (Sorry for checking the maths, bad habit)

Should be:

(534-450)/15 = 5.6 hp/lvl

Keep up the good work, I find these threads interesting.  

• kmeeg likes this

kmeeg

kmeeg
  • Members
  • 372 posts

So my lv.1 archer (80 something con) has almost twice the ehp of a lv.15 lego with no con promotes. 

Well yes and no, that is why I posted:

• THis is the base. No gear/skill have been factored in, which can have a huge impact on EHP

The Legionnaire got some really nice tank skills and passives:

30% front defence from shield,  Turn the bolt (50% front ranged damage reduction), Turn the blade (20% front damage resistance), and higher armor rating from base armor and passives. Especially with legionnaire positioning matters a lot.

The EHP I posted is just basic/plain/vanilla since gear/skills/positioning/ect can affect the EHP quit a bit. ( some people they can use that for tweaking their EHP) 

• LearnedHand likes this

LearnedHand

LearnedHand
  • Members
  • 371 posts

Well yes and no, that is why I posted:

30% front defence from shield,  Turn the bolt (50% front ranged damage reduction), Turn the blade (20% front damage resistance), and higher armor rating from base armor and passives. Especially with legionnaire positioning matters a lot.

The EHP I posted is just basic/plain/vanilla since gear/skills/positioning/ect can affect the EHP quit a bit. ( some people they can use that for tweaking their EHP) 

Yeah, I was a bit too hasty in looking at your graphs. :rolleyes:

• kmeeg likes this

kmeeg

kmeeg
  • Members
  • 372 posts

Since you did all the work, I should point out that you transposed the lvl 15 keeper hp.  (Sorry for checking the maths, bad habit)

Should be:

(534-450)/15 = 5.6 hp/lvl

Keep up the good work, I find these threads interesting.  

Good find. Thank you :)

On a sidenote I made a little change to the graphs to show EHP progression after 170 in all stats.

• Proto and Spin-Orbit like this

Drasca

Drasca
  • Members
  • 2,574 posts

Did you spend points on passives? Because they can add constitution, and thus life. Given you have a full skill bar on the Lego, you definitely had passives there. Also check for equipment

Also, you have math errors. You're dividing by one level more than you should each time. The difference between level 15 and level 1 is 14 levels, so you should be dividing by 14 for per level calculations.

For front the 1H warriors Lego and Templar, all these passives are available. They'll either be subject to the guaranteed 30% front defense from shield (plus other defenses), or potentially be hit for flanking damage if hit from melee. Turn the Bolt afaik is front defense for ranged, not a seperate front damage reduction in calculation, so should stack with the shield. Turn the Blade afaik is also front defense (though may also be a different part of the damage formula).

Either way, 1H warriors have the potential to quickly max out front defense, or come close to it.

kmeeg

kmeeg
  • Members
  • 372 posts

Did you spend points on passives? Because they can add constitution, and thus life. Given you have a full skill bar on the Lego, you definitely had passives there. Also check for equipment

Also, you have math errors. You're dividing by one level more than you should each time. The difference between level 15 and level 1 is 14 levels, so you should be dividing by 14 for per level calculations.

For front the 1H warriors Lego and Templar, all these passives are available. They'll either be subject to the guaranteed 30% front defense from shield (plus other defenses), or potentially be hit for flanking damage if hit from melee. Turn the Bolt afaik is front defense for ranged, not a seperate front damage reduction in calculation, so should stack with the shield. Turn the Blade afaik is also front defense (though may also be a different part of the damage formula).

Either way, 1H warriors have the potential to quickly max out front defense, or come close to it.

That is true for the math error. Good find!  :)

I have no clue which skills people will specc with a legionnaire, and if I had to it for all variations... this topic would be HUGE. Ppl interested in that can easily do that for themself. I pointed out that taking some skills could impact the % defence greatly, which you repeated with more details.

I have stated so many times that is is only for the base  :?

Drasca

Drasca
  • Members
  • 2,574 posts

That is true for the math error. Good find!  :)

I have no clue which skills people will specc with a legionnaire, and if I had to it for all variations... this topic would be HUGE. Ppl interested in that can easily do that for themself. I pointed out that taking some skills could impact the % defence greatly, which you repeated with more details.

You don't need for all variations, just for base no passives. On the Lego, you absolutely did have other passives because you had actives. I don't know if you had gear on either.

These things throw off the base hp calculations.

BiggyDX

BiggyDX
  • Members
  • 513 posts

My takeaway from this thread...

We need a damn stats page in game.

• Fingernageldreck likes this