• Members
  • 1,775 posts

OMG...more plz.

Rascoth

Rascoth
  • Members
  • 2,875 posts

...nug, nug, nug, nug, nug, nug...

That was funny till I realised how true it is.

• SporkFu, Aetika, DaryAlexV and 5 others like this

KalGerion_Beast

KalGerion_Beast
  • Members
  • 1,370 posts

Amazing.  Completely serious when I say this, I'd rather have this than a trailer.  Simply Amazing.   :D

• Proto likes this

dryz

dryz
  • Members
  • 354 posts

...nug, nug, nug, nug, nug, nug...

That was funny till I realised how true it is.

Right. The problem is it's always one lone wolf tank who wants to run ahead of everyone and spawn the nug out of the range of any ranged attack. So much missed gold

llandwynwyn

llandwynwyn
  • Members
  • 3,762 posts

Ignoring the text, couldn't even feature him in a decent armor?

giphy.gif

CrimsonN7

CrimsonN7
  • Members
  • 17,207 posts

I'm an arcane warrior, I can solo the moon. :lol:

Needs to be on t-shirts.

• Hrungr, Kalas Magnus and Texasmotiv like this

Texasmotiv

Texasmotiv
  • Members
  • 1,254 posts

lolololol

I CAN SOLO THE MOON!

• Proto likes this

HelenCarnate

HelenCarnate
  • Members
  • 259 posts

NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUG!!!

DragonRacer

DragonRacer
  • Members
  • 10,012 posts

For further info (please ignore the fact that they misspelled BLAR's name multiple times):

The Darkspawn Arrive in Multiplayer Mode

http://www.dragonage...wn-announcement

Aug_17_ArticleHeader.jpg

Agents, we've got some good news and some bad news. The good news is that we're not experiencing another Blight. The bad news is that it hasn't stopped the darkspawn from swarming to the surface. Although demons, red templars, and Venatori remain a constant threat to the Inquisition, the darkspawn are also here now, and a new challenge awaits in multiplayer mode.

IMAGE_01_ENG.jpg

To help you prepare to fight this imposing enemy force, we sat down with a few scouts from the Dragon Age: Inquisition multiplayer team: producers Blair Brown and Billy Buskell and designer Luke Barrett.

[DRAGONAGE.COM]: Even seeing the word "darkspawn" sends chills down our collective spines. What's it like to actually fight them in multiplayer mode?

[BLAIR BROWN]: For me? Hard! There are a few enemies in the darkspawn faction that do these awesome knockdowns (well, awesome for them, I guess), but you can dodge them if you jump just at the right time, so there is a bit more skill involved. All the darkspawn got a visual update from the previous games, and we have some completely new models that make them look terrifying and powerful.

[LUKE BARRETT]: The darkspawn are a lot more physically imposing than the other factions, and as such, they tend to knock you on your butt more often. Bring an ability that will help you get up quickly, such as the warrior's Combat Roll or the mage's Fade Cloak. Also, the huge dude with the shield (genlock alpha) has an attack that can be dodged by simply jumping. ☺

IMAGE_02_ENG.jpg

[DRAGONAGE.COM]: How would you describe the darkspawn, Billy?

[BILLY BUSKELL]: A walking fortress. They certainly have a more physical presence: large wall-like shields and spiked armor. They can withstand more punishment and certainly dish it back just as hard. The darkspawn faction really is about counter-play.

[DRAGONAGE.COM]: How so?

[BILLY]: Well, for each action one of them has, there is an opportunity to counter, but spotting your opening and timing the counter is key. Being able to get into, and out of, close proximity is crucial for these enemies. If you haven't been spec'ing with Combat Roll, Fade Cloak, or Frost Step on your characters, you may want to now.

[DRAGONAGE.COM]: Luke, you mentioned the genlock alpha. What are some of the other classes in the darkspawn faction?

[LUKE]: There are actually quite a few because there is not only a darkspawn contingent, but also a new group of dwarven enemies. The darkspawn have everything from the generic grunts to the emissary, which acts as their mage. The dwarves have some very different units, including a rapid-firing crossbow wielder and a unit who shakes the very earth.

IMAGE_03_ENG.jpg

[DRAGONAGE.COM]: What would you say is the darkspawn's greatest strength as a faction?

[BILLY]: Raw strength and determination to put a stop to all agents in the area. They close gaps quickly, and once they are there, they deal a lot of damage very quickly.

[LUKE]: Brute force. There is a lot more focus on rush-down, in-your-face combat. Keep your eye on the genlock alphas. They may seem big and stupid, but they have a variety of ways to attack you.

[BLAIR]: Their strength and unwavering determination. They'll just keep coming at you. Wounded, hurt—they don't care. They're relentless!

[DRAGONAGE.COM]: Which agent is your personal favorite to use against the darkspawn, and why?

[LUKE]: The Legionnaire survived in the Deep Roads for two days, so he's probably your best bet, but I enjoy the Necromancer using Spirit Mark on the larger enemies—turn those giant shield-wielders into excellent defensive forces.

[BILLY]: The Legionnaire is certainly the closest in terms of going toe-to-toe and fighting fire with fire, but I honestly really enjoy playing as Pala, our new Silent Sister character. Get in close with her charge, build lots of guard quickly, smash things up a bit, then get back. Rinse and repeat for ultimate fun. J

[BLAIR]: The Legionnaire. I like the lore of the dwarves and darkspawn, so it just makes sense to bring along a member of the Legion of the Dead to battle them.

IMAGE_04_ENG.jpg

[DRAGONAGE.COM]: Before we let you go, do you have darkspawn-battling tips for players before they dive in?

[BLAIR]: Bring friends!

[LUKE]: Bring friends, unless those friends happen to be Billy or Blair—they're not very effective playing from the green.

[BILLY]: Party up. The darkspawn have the ability to deal damage quick from afar and up close, so a balanced party is recommended.  As Luke says, maybe give Blair and me some more time to practice before getting us into a party... Fridays are about to get a lot more green. J

Note: Adding the darkspawn faction to multiplayer mode requires installing the latest content support patch on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. Be sure to do that before entering multiplayer.

• llandwynwyn, zambingo, lynroy and 2 others like this

Dekibra

Dekibra
  • Members
  • 767 posts
9M7GYrW.jpg
  • Kalas Magnus and Proto like this

Kalas Magnus

Kalas Magnus
  • Members
  • 10,312 posts

sure would be nice to have a new faction to play against.

Kalas Magnus

Kalas Magnus
  • Members
  • 10,312 posts

im an arcane warrior. i could solo the moon.

10/10

ruggie

ruggie
  • Members
  • 513 posts
Sweetness

Robbiesan

Robbiesan
  • Members
  • 2,543 posts

great vid!  Well done BW.  yeah, dem nugs!!  :)

Texasmotiv

Texasmotiv
  • Members
  • 1,254 posts

More shield mooks. Greeeeeeeaaaatttt...

• Lexa_D likes this

Felis Menari

Felis Menari
  • Members
  • 1,189 posts

im an arcane warrior. i could solo the moon.

10/10

Seriously funny, but the AW isn't nearly as powerful after the barrier and spirit blade nerfs. Pala is far better in nearly every situation. She can have issues with shield bearers, but there are ways to deal with them.

Rascoth

Rascoth
  • Members
  • 2,875 posts

e0Ai689.png

I'm sorry... I'll be in a corner.

• Robbiesan and llandwynwyn like this

Kalas Magnus

Kalas Magnus
  • Members
  • 10,312 posts

Seriously funny, but the AW isn't nearly as powerful after the barrier and spirit blade nerfs. Pala is far better innearly every situation. She can have issues with shield bearers, but there are ways to deal with them.

i wouldnt know... :)

id say he is still that powerful. pota,cloak,spirit blade. all enemies dead.

maybe not so on nightmare. but for nightmare i only use hunter, archer, reaver.

Caldyrvan

Caldyrvan
  • Members
  • 683 posts

Ah don´t make a class discussion of it. We have Darkspawn now and the Vid is just funny very cool thank you :)

• xsvTOYZ likes this

BiggyDX

BiggyDX
  • Members
  • 513 posts

I know you guys mentioned that you were going to add in the 1.09 patch weapons to the Store sometime soon, but should we also anticipate new items along with this move within the week (or coming weeks)?