Photo

Darkspawn discussion

96 replies to this topic

Wavebend

Wavebend
  • Members
  • 1,885 posts

Darkspawn is a two-in-one faction. One consists of random creatures and the other of dwarves (Sha-Brytol, lost dwarves). You won't ever see dwarves grouped with creatures in mp.

List of enemies:

• Creature Faction

Genlock

Genlock Alpha

Hurlock (archer)

Hurlock (guard)

Hurlock Alpha

Shriek

Emissary

Emissary Alpha (boss)

• Dwarf faction:

Sha-Brytol Earthshaker,

Sha-Brytol Bolter,

Sha-Brytol Revered Defender,

Sha-Brytol Stonestalker

I haven't really tested much, but here are a few things I can share:

1. Genlocks have two attacks: one slashing attack and a charge which can knockdown
  2. Hurlock archer has the same AI as venatori marksman. Full draw shot deals Weakened as well.
  3. Hurlock Alpha has a taunt ability (red shockwave visual effect) that will buff ALL nearby enemies and temporarily grant them immunity to hard CCs, such as Frozen, Panicked, Stunned, ... (most likely Paralyzed as well)
  4. Genlock Alpha is immune to nearly everything. You can avoid the knockdown attack with a jump. They also seem to have armor penetration, although I'm not sure how it functions. Damage with or without barrier seems to be about the same, so I'd say it works as a maximum armor penetration preset damage rather than a %
  5. Shriek has the same AI as RT shadow, can be Frozen but not Panicked
  6. Emissary has fire resist, can be Frozen
  7. Earthshaker has a massive HP pool and has CC immunity to nearly everything, including burning. Deals nature damage on all attacks (?)
  8. Bolter seems to have armor penetration or high weapon base damage. If armor pen, would work the same way as Genlock Alpha. Can be Frozen and Panicked. Disruption Field likely to be helpful
  9. Stonestalker can be Frozen but not Panicked
  10. Revered Defender can be Panicked
  11. Emissary Alpha is most likely vulnerable to Disruption Field if it wasn't fixed in Beta. Beam attack is part spirit and part physical damage. Physical part doesn't bypass armor

• Robbiesan, Ispan, Spectr61 and 6 others like this

junker1990

junker1990
  • Members
  • 403 posts

They are like improved Geth, now with the distant elbows of doom.

• Lexa_D likes this

BiggyDX

BiggyDX
  • Members
  • 513 posts

- Bolters have two different attacks. One is more of a shotgun blast that knocks players back, the other one is a high damage barrage.

- Emissary Alpha can target you with a beam that deals heavy damage and tracks similarly to the Despair Demons Ice Beam.

- I don't know what enemy deals poison damage, but one certainly does.

- Genlock Alpha's throw axes at you if you're at a distance.

• Wavebend likes this

SkillSpray

SkillSpray
  • Members
  • 67 posts

The damage on the bolters might be a bit too much. Did not test them on NM yet, but on perilous, they strip a fully improved barrier in 1 burst.

Wavebend

Wavebend
  • Members
  • 1,885 posts

- Bolters have two different attacks. One more of a shotgun blast that knocks players back, the other one is a high damage barrage.

- Emissary Alpha can target you with a beam that deals heavy damage and tracks similarly to the Despair Demons Ice Beam.

- I don't know what enemy deals poison damage, but one certainly does.

- Genlock Alpha's throw axes at you if you're at a distance.

Yup. Emissary Alpha beam is part spirit and part physical damage. Physical damage does not bypass armor, the same way Wrath of heaven doesn't bypass enemy armor. Earthshaker deals nature damage

ParthianShotX

ParthianShotX
  • Members
  • 2,242 posts

- - I don't know what enemy deals poison damage, but one certainly does.

But I don't have a poison potion.

• EVILFLUFFMONSTER likes this

BiggyDX

BiggyDX
  • Members
  • 513 posts

But I don't have a poison potion.

Just found out about it being nature damage. I thought it was strange when I was playing against them and I saw green text come up; but no DoT.

• ParthianShotX likes this

JiaJM98

JiaJM98
  • Members
  • 1,278 posts

Lol I was absolutely confused in Zone 4 with all the beams and random blue flames from the ground. Was using duelist and had all 4 elusives plus full guard and some barrier as well. Within a moment's notice a wave of light beams shot me over and over and then I'm on the floor.

akots1

akots1
  • Members
  • 1,220 posts

IIRC, spirit resistance potion greatly helps to deal with zone 5.

Overall, they have considerable stunlock and a lot of knock down. May be, too much knock down but as I understood it, it is working as intended. Roller coaster ride simulator in dragon age. There were no proper roller coasters back then. So, they hired some chaps to entertain the crowd.

Avoiding knock downs by jumping or combat roll is possible but is very lag sensitive. So, playing off host requires some anti-vertigo tincture to be consumed prior to playing.

• Lexa_D likes this

Medallian

Medallian
  • Members
  • 770 posts

all of this is meaningless to me..... I will just ka-ma-ha-ma-ha every thing >.>

• Kalas Magnus and Scofield like this

thats1evildude

thats1evildude
  • Members
  • 10,976 posts

not challenging enuf

i played 16K hrs already, promoted character 500 tymes, gve me a REAL chalenge EAware

• Kalas Magnus likes this

Proto

Proto
  • Members
  • 1,775 posts

Clip

What did I just watch?!?!

• ParthianShotX and Wavebend like this

Robbiesan

Robbiesan
  • Members
  • 2,543 posts

not challenging enuf

i played 16K hrs already, promoted character 500 tymes, gve me a REAL chalenge EAware

EA called and asked me to pass this along (I begrudgingly do so here):

Challengers: You and NextArishouk30u8

Challenge: Thunderdome of Spelling Bees

Challenge Options: UK or US English, or something similarly entertaining

• JAMiAM, ParthianShotX and Pork like this

HelenCarnate

HelenCarnate
  • Members
  • 259 posts

The damage on the bolters might be a bit too much. Did not test them on NM yet, but on perilous, they strip a fully improved barrier in 1 burst.

Yea, they feel like ranged assassins.  Went from full health to 0 in a big hurry. On my archer.

Domiel Angelus

Domiel Angelus
  • Members
  • 626 posts

So we got Darkspawn, but when will we see an actual Grey Warden in MP? The Silent Sister is nice but we need someone properly equipped to deal with this threat and everyone knows it.........

• Lexa_D and EVILFLUFFMONSTER like this

HelenCarnate

HelenCarnate
  • Members
  • 259 posts

all of this is meaningless to me..... I will just ka-ma-ha-ma-ha every thing >.>

I propose that mobs now do 500%-250% per rank on the leaderboard with a minimum of 100% damage. 

• Zantazar likes this

Theghostof_timmy

Theghostof_timmy
  • Members
  • 1,149 posts

I dunno about that genlock alpha, that shield is freaking huge and he's immune to every CC the necro has apparently. It's cool that this is a faction that seems geared towards warriors, s&s in particular, but I feel like the GA needs to have a weakness to ice or something.

• Robbiesan likes this

Robbiesan

Robbiesan
  • Members
  • 2,543 posts

I dunno about that genlock alpha, that shield is freaking huge and he's immune to every CC the necro has apparently. It's cool that this is a faction that seems geared towards warriors, s&s in particular, but I feel like the GA needs to have a weakness to ice or something.

See, this is where a killer nug ability would be super handy.  GA's, scared of nothing.. except killer nugs that is.  BW, make it so.

Luke Barrett

Luke Barrett
  • BioWare Employees
  • 1,638 posts

a killer nug

:bandit:

• Robbiesan, EVILFLUFFMONSTER and Hrungr like this

Theghostof_timmy

Theghostof_timmy
  • Members
  • 1,149 posts

Further feedback on Darkspawn:

The overwhelming feeling I get is that they have way too much DPS for how tanky they are. It's not so bad with the actual darkspawn part of it, but those dwarves are just ridiculous. Absolutely insane ranged DPS from the bolters combined with ranged knockdown spam, assassin attacks and tanky two hander fighters. On perilous with my templar, who I could probably solo perilous with if I wanted to, was owned by the dwarves in about 30 secs, despite me with my defensive abilities/passives. It's not like they're easy to kill either.

BiggyDX

BiggyDX
  • Members
  • 513 posts

I think they're likely going to have to tweak the Bolters long range barrage. With the damage it outputs, and the sheer number of them, it's likely going to ruin many runs. I'm not saying there isn't a tactic for them. There's always drawing them around a corner. But they're essentially RT Shadows that can do a backstab from a distance.

coldsteelblue

coldsteelblue
  • Members
  • 579 posts

Haven't encountered them yet, but I've only one thing to say.

Aww, no Ogres :(

• NessCraig and Da_Noobinator like this

Fiddzz

Fiddzz
  • BioWare Employees
  • 471 posts

While you'll not get a mixed zone of darkspawn and dwarves, sometimes the elite enemy for the event might be a Dwarf when you're fighting darkspawn.

• ParthianShotX and Cute Nug like this

Gya

Gya
  • Members
  • 1,523 posts
The earthshakers have stupid amounts of HP. I almost died of old age while hacking one to death. Way to ruin a killstreak.

Also, which unit has that wallhack knockdown? Sure, it was our favourite feature from the Demon faction, but I demand they own up.

DC... er... Emissary Alpha... EA explodes on death, which is nice. EA blowing up. Is biower trying to tell us something?

Pork

Pork
  • Members
  • 711 posts

I think they're likely going to have to tweak the Bolters long range barrage. With the damage it outputs, and the sheer number of them, it's likely going to ruin many runs. I'm not saying there isn't a tactic for them. There's always drawing them around a corner. But they're essentially RT Shadows that can do a backstab from a distance.

They are slow and you can just freeze/panic them or whatever. Just run away till youre ready to fight them.