Photo

[Short guide] Documentation for Heartbreaker

12 replies to this topic

Wavebend

Wavebend
  • Members
  • 1,885 posts

Short guide that provides data on Heartbreaker.

FAQ

Spoiler

Wave composition

Spoiler

Extra Heartbreaker-specific AI tactics

Spoiler

------

Extra Faction-related data, not specific to Heartbreaker

Spoiler

• Ghost Of N7_SP3CTR3, Sinistrality, Proto and 5 others like this

ParthianShotX

ParthianShotX
  • Members
  • 2,242 posts

If I buy you an X1 will you play with me?  I was about to chastise you for an inventory (rather than tips) and realized you'd given more.

• Kalas Magnus likes this

Drasca

Drasca
  • Members
  • 2,574 posts

Short guide for those who want to know more about Heartbreaker

• Never, ever go Leeroy Jenkins
  • Coordinate with your team

Video forthcoming. LEEERROOYYYYY JEEEEEENKINS as Lego makes HB so much easier.

• Xanterra likes this

Micabo

Micabo
  • Members
  • 56 posts

Do you have a tip for actually earning the challenge point after completing?

• Beerfish, Drasca, Wavebend and 5 others like this

poloboyz93

poloboyz93
  • Members
  • 99 posts

Do you have a tip for actually earning the challenge point after completing?

LOL 

DrakeHasNoFlow

DrakeHasNoFlow
  • Members
  • 1,071 posts
Some other interesting findings:

Terrors, also generate full guard and are immune to knockdown until it's depleted.
  • Wavebend likes this

Luke Barrett

Luke Barrett
  • BioWare Employees
  • 1,638 posts

Shade attacks will also shatter freeze and discharge paralyze.

• Ghost Of N7_SP3CTR3 and Wavebend like this

Wavebend

Wavebend
  • Members
  • 1,885 posts

Shade attacks will also shatter freeze and discharge paralyze.

Thanks, will edit. There was some guesswork when writing these lists because of poor memory and lack of focus when testing, so chances are they contain incorrect or incomplete info. I'm still not sure how wave 5 composition works (minions, heavy, commander?) so I put that in there but it really doesn't make much sense for the demons faction.

Some other interesting findings:

Terrors, also generate full guard and are immune to knockdown until it's depleted.

I'll add this, just need to get some testing done

DrakeHasNoFlow

DrakeHasNoFlow
  • Members
  • 1,071 posts
Found out parry doesn't do anything vs. templar/venatori shield bash. Welp, so much for an efficient silent sister solo attempt.
  • Wavebend likes this

Wavebend

Wavebend
  • Members
  • 1,885 posts

Found out parry doesn't do anything vs. templar/venatori shield bash. Welp, so much for an efficient silent sister solo attempt.

Thanks for the info btw.

I've changed a few things in the guide and am now done. Really didn't intend to spend that much time on this guide

Ghost Of N7_SP3CTR3

Ghost Of N7_SP3CTR3
  • Members
  • 2,041 posts

Nice job on the guide Wavebend.Thanks.

• Wavebend likes this

DrakeHasNoFlow

DrakeHasNoFlow
  • Members
  • 1,071 posts
Wave, I'm not quite sure if this bug was ever discovered in the beta but in the current hb; enemies will stop attacking/track you if a player generates guard right before they die (dunno about hp). This happened to me twice, once with lego and the other with silent sister.

I was soloing with legionnare in zone 2 of tevinter and a despair demon froze me while I had walking fortress up, I ended up triggering a downed state but I was still alive with no hp left except guard. All enemies stopped tracking me and there were no crosshairs on them either. It reset itself though after I hit one the demons. At first, I thought it was just a sadistic way for bioware to give players a second opportunity at clearing the zone.

The second time it happened was with silent sister in zone 4 against Templars but this time it never reset itself and enemies stood still. While I did finish the wave, the key never dropped nor was I able to open the door/pick up gold/or use potions. Sadly,had to end the match due to this.

Wavebend

Wavebend
  • Members
  • 1,885 posts

Wave, I'm not quite sure if this bug was ever discovered in the beta but in the current hb; enemies will stop attacking/track you if a player generates guard right before they die (dunno about hp). This happened to me twice, once with lego and the other with silent sister.

I was soloing with legionnare in zone 2 of tevinter and a despair demon froze me while I had walking fortress up, I ended up triggering a downed state but I was still alive with no hp left except guard. All enemies stopped tracking me and there were no crosshairs on them either. It reset itself though after I hit one the demons. At first, I thought it was just a sadistic way for bioware to give players a second opportunity at clearing the zone.

The second time it happened was with silent sister in zone 4 against Templars but this time it never reset itself and enemies stood still. While I did finish the wave, the key never dropped nor was I able to open the door/pick up gold/or use potions. Sadly,had to end the match due to this.

Actually.. I remember this happening for me on demons, wave 5 NM. I can't say I know much about this bug but I think you're onto something