Photo

Keeper demonstration: How to solo Nightmare as a keeper vs Darkspawn faction (no stats requirement, no potions, no HoK)

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Wavebend

Wavebend
  • Members
  • 1,885 posts

Stats: 21 constitution, 42 cunning, 74 willpower
Gear: Hakkon staff, Disruption Field ring, Static Cage ring, no HoK gear
Build: link

This is not a full run. This is wave 1 and a good bit of wave 2. I fight against hurlocks (archer), hurlocks (guard), genlock, genlock alphas and hurlock alphas. The strategy used could be valid for a full run.

Key points:

• If you've read my guide on Disruption Field, you'll notice in this video that I tend to immediately move near the back of the field when casting DF to shield myself from projectiles.
  • When transitioning DF, I also move back a bit more. This is important, because everytime the previous DF runs out, the bullets frozen by that DF will move towards you. You could also move sideways if you run out of space.
  • Keep an eye on mana surge. It can be an useful CC when needed, and grants a free cast on your next ability. Sometimes it's better to let your barrier fully deplete when you feel that you have enough survivability options

• Varbind, zambingo, Jailson_MMB and 2 others like this

DrakeHasNoFlow

DrakeHasNoFlow
  • Members
  • 1,071 posts
And what happens when you face a faction that has elemental resistance to lightning?

QQ
  • Samahl na Revas and Wavebend like this

Wavebend

Wavebend
  • Members
  • 1,885 posts

And what happens when you face a faction that has elemental resistance to lightning?
QQ

QQ indeed. The spirit damage will eventually kill things, but really, really slowly.

The point of this video is to brag to show players that the keeper can do just fine by herself if the team isn't cooperating, and that she's viable on Nightmare even on low stats. Obviously she's not a solo class (no inherent DPS) and things gets much, much better when there's a team that can help kill faster.

And she's super useful against bolters as well ..
  • Jailson_MMB, Courtnehh and xsvTOYZ like this

ruggie

ruggie
  • Members
  • 513 posts
Then You reach door 4...

Drasca

Drasca
  • Members
  • 2,574 posts

Key points:

• Keep an eye on mana surge. It can be an useful CC when needed, and grants a free cast on your next ability. Sometimes it's better to let your barrier fully deplete when you feel that you have enough survivability options

Sometimes = Most of the time, and almost always when you have cover. Very few occasions that you shouldn't, given the freeze IS a survivability option, and so is the increased mana from free spells.

QQ indeed. The spirit damage will eventually kill things, but really, really slowly.

A bit obvious, but faster with promotes and the right gear setup. The main point of the keeper though is that she's nightmare ready for teams at zero gear and promotes. The rest is just icing.

She's still not a fast killer, but at least she'll get the job done.

• Wavebend and Snakebite like this

JohnnyQPublic

JohnnyQPublic
  • Members
  • 223 posts

This is really awesome!  Thanks for this.  What upgrades do you have on your staff?  Besides the Hakkon's very high damage, is there any reason this wouldn't work with another staff (for those of us who don't have the Hakkon)?

• Wavebend likes this

Snakebite

Snakebite
  • Members
  • 783 posts

This is really awesome!  Thanks for this.  What upgrades do you have on your staff?  Besides the Hakkon's very high damage, is there any reason this wouldn't work with another staff (for those of us who don't have the Hakkon)?

As far as I can tell, the only reason Wavebend is using the Hakkon staff is because he is solo, so he needs to do all the damage himself.  If you are doing this in a team environment, it would be better to use a staff with a nice proc, e.g. Kingfisher.

• Wavebend and xsvTOYZ like this

Proto

Proto
  • Members
  • 1,775 posts

The main point of the keeper though is that she's nightmare ready for teams at zero gear and promotes. The rest is just icing.

She's still not a fast killer, but at least she'll get the job done.

But, I thought she was the "not so good tier" for NM. She doesn't kill fast enough to carry groups.

Very nice demo Wave.

• Wavebend likes this

xsvTOYZ

xsvTOYZ
  • Members
  • 262 posts

nice!   great vid         Keeper was my first successful NM run.

• Wavebend likes this

Robbiesan

Robbiesan
  • Members
  • 2,543 posts

"Remarkable!"  nice work there Wavebend. 

• Wavebend likes this

ruggie

ruggie
  • Members
  • 513 posts
Keeper with no gear or promos in nm? Barrier runs off of staff damage. Crappy staff results in junk barriers. Should I find a low promo newb die over n over in nm? Shouldn't take long prolly just look for a lvl 20.