Photo

[Guide] Qunari faction reference (98% complete) [Updated: Sept. 22th]

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

Wavebend

Wavebend
  • Members
  • 1,885 posts

Immunity list (BUG: Invisible status effects not showing from the Fade such as Guard Breaker now added from data-mining)

Note: since the breaker_GuardBarrier value is the same for all difficulties in MP, you can interpret "Guard Breaker" as 100% damage bonus vs Guard, and "Barrier Breaker" as 100% damage bonus vs. Barrier.

s2Ngep1.jpg

Faction information : (Difficulty modifier values here)

Ben-hassrath Agent

Spoiler

Ben-hassrath Assassin

Spoiler

Qunari Spearman

Spoiler

Qunari Defender

Spoiler

Qunari Shock Trooper

Spoiler

Saarebas

Spoiler

Qunari Commander

Spoiler

Special thanks

Spoiler

• Yilin, Ispan, Dekibra and 15 others like this

SkillSpray

SkillSpray
  • Members
  • 67 posts

The qunari commander seems to take double damage, at least from physical attacks.

Did a threatening run with my level 1 avvar, the melee swings crit him for 2.2k, while a nearby swordsman took a 1.1k crit.

Did the same with a level 19 reaver, 6-7k dragon rage on him, nearby units take 3k from the same swing.

I'm not sure if there's a trigger or condition to that, he died too fast in both runs.

• Proto likes this

hellbiter88

hellbiter88
  • Members
  • 1,571 posts

Way to take the mystery out of life :whistle:

• Drasca likes this

AarlaExpress

AarlaExpress
  • Members
  • 35 posts

you could have read the post name and NOT look ?

btw think Saarebas cast mind blast of some kind

LearnedHand

LearnedHand
  • Members
  • 371 posts

There was some kind of attack that turned my lego green like I was spirit marked. Is that the "spirit ball" attack the commander has? My health also went to red though I can't be sure it was the attack that hurt me so bad.

Robbiesan

Robbiesan
  • Members
  • 2,543 posts

Nice.  Love the armours.  Damn, those green spirit balls remind me of wonderful balls of love the Banshees from ME3MP like to throw at you. 

JiaJM98

JiaJM98
  • Members
  • 1,278 posts
Hmm... No one is immune to lightning? Lmao time for AW to shine again.(after the darkspawn) The devs are really buffing the AW. Darkspawn, then storm pact, and now quanri. Promoting electric dmg = promoting AW

DrakeHasNoFlow

DrakeHasNoFlow
  • Members
  • 1,071 posts
electricity vulnerability, means only one thing should ever be spammed:

POWER CHORD
  • Proto likes this

Wavebend

Wavebend
  • Members
  • 1,885 posts

Updated data on the Saarebas attack sequence.

More data on Assassin + boss incoming!

Carbon_Bishop

Carbon_Bishop
  • Members
  • 156 posts

Great information as always Wavebend.  Thanks for your contributions.

SkillSpray

SkillSpray
  • Members
  • 67 posts

The funny thing about qunari is that the boss dies faster than a saarebas. 

The boss is vulnerable to phys damage, thus he gets "rekt" fairly quicky if you have a reaver/archer or anything that does heavy phys damage.

A saarebas can wipe out an entire party with the spirit dots/jumps/barriers/cc. The 25k hp on perilous does not help with that. That's NM hp range on perilous units.

I'm also under the impression that the spearmen hit much harder than their archer counterparts from other factions, but they hit less often.

Also to note, the spirit dot from saarebas behaves similarly to the fire dots -  sometimes it does normal damage, e.g. 1 tick every x seconds, sometimes ticks 4-5-6 times in an instant. Not fun. It ticks for about 150 with my 70 willpower.

The shield guys also seem to hit harder, as I got hit for 400 on perilous on my avvar from their melee swing (when they become vulnerable from the front), whereas the usual damage range is about 200 ish on other factions.

The damage overall seems much higher compared to other factions, as i can faceroll anything on perilous, but i did wipe a couple of times from qunari because of the huge incoming damage.

kmeeg

kmeeg
  • Members
  • 372 posts
On Nightmare:

I can understand that a fire dragon or a rage demon is immune to fire or frost dragon/Despair demons are not affected by ice.

But why are the Qun immune to so many elements? Are they by any chance elemental lords that come from some elemental plane? 

Bioware definitely sided with the Templars against the Mages/ 

Well... All hail the 'Might of Melee' 

• JiaJM98 likes this

Caldyrvan

Caldyrvan
  • Members
  • 683 posts

They look good, makes fun to fight against them.

The good thing about their resistances and immunities is you will need to think a bit more how to deal with them (at least on higher difficulties)

The downside (just my opinion): Many builds or entire characters are less effective to nearly useless against them. That´s not funny but I could live with it but it brings us to the problem that you possible can´t enjoy your character as normal and .... 

.... (I really would like to write this in capslock and size 50 :D ) Seriously! Give us the option to choose a faction, please :)

Until hope dies I´ll enjoy them as much as possible. :)

DrakeHasNoFlow

DrakeHasNoFlow
  • Members
  • 1,071 posts
Elemental resistance? Dragon Rage!

Barrier dispelled? Dragon Rage!

Spirit resistance?! DRAGON RAGE!!!!
  • zambingo, leaguer of one and jerky like this

Caldyrvan

Caldyrvan
  • Members
  • 683 posts

Yea really favors melee characters ... still you may get overrun cause they laugh about your fear effect and the Lego trying to help you with a taunt may be left to trying :D

KalGerion_Beast

KalGerion_Beast
  • Members
  • 1,370 posts

I think the shield on the defenders has some innate attack to it.  I was taking ~700 physical damage while it started blinking on NM (constantly using devour on it).  I know it wasnt the defender, as he was panic'd and there were no spear throwers nearby (nor have they hit that high before), nor other melee units.  

And shortly after I proceeded to the fade after going down a 3rd time... as host... :huh:

Still should have had 1 extra pickup, but the game decided against it I guess.  

And I feel that Saarebas is probably the strongest (non-boss) unit in the game atm.  

Just my thoughts and experiences.

• Wavebend likes this

zambingo

zambingo
  • Members
  • 1,459 posts
Perhaps a lore explanation for the resistences could be the Vitaar. Maybe elite vitaar mixes can be enchanted or whatever, could tie into Fenris and perhaps the Tevinter getting the idea from secret Qunari Magic Ink. Or vice versa.

Glowing Vitaar coming Fall 2018 ;-)
  • Vyktorea74 likes this

Hrungr

Hrungr
  • Members
  • 18,222 posts

Is this a NM+ only faction? Played a bunch of Threat/Peri matches today (& 1 NM) and didn't run across this new faction (or Druffy).

Caldyrvan

Caldyrvan
  • Members
  • 683 posts

Is this a NM+ only faction? Played a bunch of Threat/Peri matches today (& 1 NM) and didn't run across this new faction (or Druffy).

I need you to look at this: http://forum.bioware...r-each-faction/

And no, they are not resticted to NM+.

Hrungr

Hrungr
  • Members
  • 18,222 posts

I need you to look at this: http://forum.bioware...r-each-faction/

And no, they are not resticted to NM+.

Good feature request...

And I guess that means I was just unlucky not to get the new faction... 'Eh, will try again tomorrow.

Yallegro

Yallegro
  • Members
  • 617 posts

On Nightmare:

I can understand that a fire dragon or a rage demon is immune to fire or frost dragon/Despair demons are not affected by ice.

But why are the Qun immune to so many elements? Are they by any chance elemental lords that come from some elemental plane? 

Bioware definitely sided with the Templars against the Mages/ 

Well... All hail the 'Might of Melee' 

Why does an RT Horror resist electricity dmg?

Why is a Gibbering Horror weak to cold and electricity but not fire?

Why is the RT Knight weak to fire but resistant to cold?

Why do big spiders resist electricity and small spiders don't?

Why is an RT Behemoth weak to cold while an RT Shadow is not?

• JiaJM98 likes this

Dekibra

Dekibra
  • Members
  • 767 posts

Why does an RT Horror resist electricity dmg?

Why is a Gibbering Horror weak to cold and electricity but not fire?

Why is the RT Knight weak to fire but resistant to cold?

Why do big spiders resist electricity and small spiders don't?

Why is an RT Behemoth weak to cold while an RT Shadow is not?

Working as intendedTM

sorry, couldn't resist + only legit answer (unfortunately)

JiaJM98

JiaJM98
  • Members
  • 1,278 posts

Seriously, AW is too OP with storm belt against factions with no electric resistance what so ever... 

Question: Bioware when are we getting physical pact? Can't wait to get them for my SS. She needs some love like AW just had...

LearnedHand

LearnedHand
  • Members
  • 371 posts

Seriously, AW is too OP with storm belt against factions with no electric resistance what so ever... 

Question: Bioware when are we getting physical pact? Can't wait to get them for my SS. She needs some love like AW just had...

Actually its a far more mixed bag for AW since besides chain lightning and the lightning passives, AW can't generate barrier from spirit damage off of the most dangerous mobs (assassins and saarebas). Wave 3 and 4 can be a real challenge in keeping barrier up.

DrakeHasNoFlow

DrakeHasNoFlow
  • Members
  • 1,071 posts
Nope, AW isn't really good against this faction. Spirit blade and fade cloak can't help you against saarebas, which is one the most dangerous of the qun, as well as your barrier can be purged by them. Storm belt will cut your health down to the low hundreds, one or two hits is enough to drop, so I would think twice about putting it on unless it's perilous.