Umm... yep.  Looks right to me.  :?

• Courtnehh and Kenny Bania like this

Wavebend

Wavebend
  • Members
  • 1,885 posts

Um working as intended?

Totally.

There are few interesting bits though. Here's an example.

If you're <3m of an enemy dealing poison damage, constitution will be used as a damage resistance modifier.

If you're >3m, cunning will be used instead.

Shiratori

Shiratori
  • Members
  • 634 posts
I remember Luke mentioning that not long ago that your damage resistance was based on the proximity of the enemy to you, not based on what attack was being used. So that's cool that it applies to various things and explains why archers kill me point blank (very low con)
  • Wavebend likes this

Wavebend

Wavebend
  • Members
  • 1,885 posts

I like this part:

-- commenting out this section as I get bad parameter error for the ArmorPercentageForMagicDefense param... not sure why

Working as intended™

• JiaJM98 likes this

Wavebend

Wavebend
  • Members
  • 1,885 posts

I remember Luke mentioning that not long ago that your damage resistance was based on the proximity of the enemy to you, not based on what attack was being used. So that's cool that it applies to various things and explains why archers kill me point blank (very low con)

isMeleeRange = false;
if (distance <= 3.0) then
	isMeleeRange = true;
end;

Zorinho20_CRO

Zorinho20_CRO
  • Members
  • 3,252 posts

Interesting.

You found a new toy,it seems.Too bad we didn't have this kind of info at the beginning.

Wavebend

Wavebend
  • Members
  • 1,885 posts

Interesting.

You found a new toy,it seems.Too bad we didn't have this kind of info at the beginning.

I'm pretty much done though, not sure what else I can do. Maybe time to call it a day.

Oronix

Oronix
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Looks like flat armor pen is applied prior to %armor pen, while flat armor is deducted from damage taken after %physical resistance is applied. seems a bit strange, explains why some people take 200 damage while others take 1 from the same attack.

20% physRes, 200 armor, 500 initial dmg:

% first:

(500*0.8)-200=200dmg taken

60% physRes, 200 armor, 500 initial dmg

(500*0.4)-200=0, minimum 1 dmg = 1dmg taken

40%physRes more gives 200x more effective life from 500 dmg hits

flat first:

20%

(500-200)*0.8=240

60%

(500-200)*0.4=120

40% more physRes gives 2x more effective life from 500 dmg hits

Also, did anyone catch how level indifference between attacker and defender affects the damage taken? I find it funny that I go from dying in 3-4 hits to being completely invulnerable (taking 1 damage) sometimes in the span of a few levels on the same character.

• Jay P likes this

Zorinho20_CRO

Zorinho20_CRO
  • Members
  • 3,252 posts

I'm pretty much done though, not sure what else I can do. Maybe time to call it a day.

Maybe you should play a little bit more with it to stay in shape for ME:A(although I don't any ME badges)DA4

Yeah,isn't in Canada 3 Am or something,you should really call it a day :lol:

Zorinho20_CRO

Zorinho20_CRO
  • Members
  • 3,252 posts

Looks like flat armor pen is applied prior to %armor pen, while flat armor is deducted from damage taken after %physical resistance is applied. seems a bit strange, explains why some people take 200 damage while others take 1 from the same attack.

20% physRes, 200 armor, 500 initial dmg:

% first:

(500*0.8)-200=200dmg taken

60% physRes, 200 armor, 500 initial dmg

(500*0.4)-200=0, minimum 1 dmg = 1dmg taken

40%physRes more gives 200x more effective life from 500 dmg hits

flat first:

20%

(500-200)*0.8=240

60%

(500-200)*0.4=120

40% more physRes gives 2x more effective life from 500 dmg hits

Also, did anyone catch how level indifference between attacker and defender affects the damage taken? I find it funny that I go from dying in 3-4 hits to being completely invulnerable (taking 1 damage) sometimes in the span of a few levels on the same character.

First post.How sweet(and that technical too :) )

Sothalor

Sothalor
  • Members
  • 118 posts

It appears bonuses based on level differences are intended to apply to Single Player only. No level difference bonuses should apply to Multiplayer.

Oronix

Oronix
  • Members
  • 3 posts

It appears bonuses based on level differences are intended to apply to Single Player only. No level difference bonuses should apply to Multiplayer.

If so, then another possible explaination to the sudden burst in survivability could be that damage reduction passives scales additively with damage reduction from physical resistance, or: (40% dmg red. used in this case from passives)

(500*(0.8-0.4))-200=0 instead of: ((500*0.8)-200)*0.6=80 as I previously would assume it would apply

Kenny Bania

Kenny Bania
  • Members
  • 2,860 posts

j/k That's dope as hell. 

• Courtnehh likes this

junker1990

junker1990
  • Members
  • 403 posts

It's time to create the fully functional character calculator now.

Spin-Orbit

Spin-Orbit
  • Members
  • 890 posts
Spoiler

did you not have the ability to read the code before? looks like you have found a new toy suddenly

Jay P

Jay P
  • Members
  • 442 posts
It's a simple fix, they said.

Just change the code, they said.

DrascatonisFade3K

DrascatonisFade3K
  • Members
  • 114 posts
Sort of off topic but the katari passives "shield breaker" and "piercing blows" stack with each other or are redundant?

Drasca

Drasca
  • Members
  • 2,574 posts

I imagined it'd be like this, and that all the functions wouldn't easily be defined.