Photo

psa for pc people using mods

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

7twozero

7twozero
  • Members
  • 2,338 posts
If origin updates break your mods or me3 install here is a fun trick I discovered - make a shortcut to the origin client, edit the shortcut to add /noupdate to the command line the shortcut runs, and then launch origin from that, it skips update checks. Conceivably you can still in the future get the errors where you can't chat or join with people unless you update first but this bypasses the update check at launch and while I haven't tested it should let you bypass those mandatory updates they push. Don't ask me how I found this out though.
  • Terminator Force likes this

._.

._.
  • Members
  • 221 posts

how'd you find this out

• Alfonsedode, ROBOTICSUPERMAN, Terminator Force and 3 others like this

PHOEN1XK1NG

PHOEN1XK1NG
  • Members
  • 1,250 posts

lolpeaseaoriginhaxors

Mgamerz

Mgamerz
  • Members
  • 6,119 posts
I have never had origin update my game for me.
You can also just disable this through main settings so...

Edit: I don't know of origin ever breaking games on an update besides the overlay/ingame.

Homey C-Dawg

Homey C-Dawg
  • Members
  • 7,498 posts

But if I don't update origin they can't fix the overlay, then break it again, then fix it, then break it, then fix it, then break it, etc.

• DarkOrgasm, BeardyMcGoo, Salarian Master Race and 1 other like this

7twozero

7twozero
  • Members
  • 2,338 posts
I'm not talking about updating any games by the way, just updates to origin, I've had origin update itself and then my game was messed up, this just keeps origin from checking for origin updates.

Terminator Force

Terminator Force
  • Members
  • 6,036 posts

I have never had origin update my game for me.
You can also just disable this through main settings so...

Edit: I don't know of origin ever breaking games on an update besides the overlay/ingame.

I never knew Mgamerz could do party pooping... Excellent.

Terminator Force

Terminator Force
  • Members
  • 6,036 posts

But if I don't update origin they can't fix the overlay, then break it again, then fix it, then break it, then fix it, then break it, etc.

Is this party still going on?... I think I'll need more hacks...

7twozero

7twozero
  • Members
  • 2,338 posts
Update to say that it works to skip mandatory updates, just went to log on and there was an update it wouldn't let me bypass, I either had to exit, install, or go into offline mode, so I exited and launched origin with the /noupdate command and it let me log on, go online, and play me3mp. It says the store is unavailable but it said that yesterday too so not sure if that's something working as intended or a problem with me skipping a mandatory update.

Mgamerz

Mgamerz
  • Members
  • 6,119 posts
Origin in game is flaky. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. It used to always be yes or no.

7twozero

7twozero
  • Members
  • 2,338 posts
Another update post for the thread, I'm still skipping the mandatory update and getting online using the /noupdate switch when launching origin, and the store page is back too, so something must've just been wrong with the store page the other day. Origin in game works fine too, haven't had any problems with it in a while. Looks like this is a good working fix for never having to have to update origin.

Alfonsedode

Alfonsedode
  • Members
  • 3,894 posts

too bad u still have to applied them later for friends/pug purpose

7twozero

7twozero
  • Members
  • 2,338 posts
I don't understand what you mean but I'm bypassing a mandatory update and everything is still working in origin.