St. BLuke's Balance Changes - June 26th

41 replies to this topic

Luke Barrett

Luke Barrett
  • BioWare Employees
  • 1,638 posts

Shout-shout-shout
Shout at the demons

But in the seasons of wither, We'll stand and deliver, Be strong and laugh and ... Warcry! This week was a simple cooldown reduction tweak for the majority of the Warrior's taunting effects.

Warcry (Legionnaire)

Cooldown from 24 seconds to 16 seconds

Counterstrike (Legionnaire)

Cooldown from 60 seconds to 45 seconds

Challenge (Templar)

Cooldown from 12 seconds to 4 seconds

Additionally I did a couple more Ability Ring tweaks - this is an ongoing mission to normalize the effects of these a bit better across the board.

Energy Barrage Ring: Damage Bonus increased from 16% to 30%

Static Cage Ring: Duration Bonus decreased from 8 seconds to 2.5 seconds

• Ispan, DragonRacer, Dieb and 5 others like this

Luke Barrett

Luke Barrett
  • BioWare Employees
  • 1,638 posts

Just an FYI the numbers may be slightly off as I'm away from the office this weekend and am going off memory. Feel free to correct me :)

• Dieb likes this

Dieb

Dieb
  • Members
  • 4,631 posts

Just an FYI the numbers may be slightly off as I'm away from the office this weekend and am going off memory. Feel free to correct me :)

It would make for a hilarious TV show if you were in charge of nuclear warheads.

• Ispan, kaileena_sands and henchmannumber21 like this

Snakebite

Snakebite
  • Members
  • 783 posts
Well, there goes any chance of me using the Keeper ever again.

In all fairness though, the Static Cage ring was stupidly overpowered, especially after the Gathering Storm revamp.

Reatin_TR

Reatin_TR
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Maybe irrelevant to this particular thread but, is Stonefist detonate bug ever going to be fixed? Both in MP and SP?

Theghostof_timmy

Theghostof_timmy
  • Members
  • 1,149 posts

Noice. Dat counterstrike.

• Yumi likes this

Yumi

Yumi
  • Members
  • 1,194 posts

Have fun in real life this weekend and

AhZe1iD.jpg
  • Theghostof_timmy likes this

Dumpins

Dumpins
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Maybe irrelevant to this particular thread but, is Stonefist detonate bug ever going to be fixed? Both in MP and SP?

Yep. Soon™ really

Kalas Magnus

Kalas Magnus
  • Members
  • 10,312 posts

:(

poor keeper

• Dekibra, Jailson_MMB and aaron2101 like this

Laforgus

Laforgus
  • Members
  • 878 posts

BreakJohn

BreakJohn
  • Members
  • 294 posts

hmm, sounds like good stuff for the legionnaire this week, still don't know if i'll use him though. the class bores me to death. 

• Shredboy likes this

Jailson_MMB

Jailson_MMB
  • Members
  • 152 posts

@St Luke, the description is still the same, nothing seems to have changed, is this the way it's supposed to be? changing only the ability within the game and not in the description

• aaron2101 likes this

FRZN

FRZN
  • Members
  • 322 posts

Static Cage Ring: Duration Bonus decreased from 8 seconds to 2.5 seconds

*whispers to keeper* for the red templars...

*stab*

:pinched:

• incognegro, Da_Noobinator and Thadrial like this

TheThirdRace

TheThirdRace
  • Members
  • 1,511 posts

hmm, sounds like good stuff for the legionnaire this week, still don't know if i'll use him though. the class bores me to death.

Try this instead: http://forum.bioware...e-for-perilous/

You might be surprised...

Angelus_de_Mortiel

Angelus_de_Mortiel
  • Members
  • 696 posts

R.I.P. Static Cage Cheese Mode lol. (That was a much needed correction, to be honest)

Aside, you and I already discussed this topic. While the cool down reduction will be nice, especially for Challenge on the Templar, I really think the Taunt duration needs a huge buff across the board.

To quote what I already said before to you (editing out certain parts for NDA reason):

So, my suggestion would be as follows:

War Cry
Taunt Duration: 4 seconds -> 8 seconds (100% buff)
Cool Down: 24 seconds -> 12 seconds (50% reduction)

Counterstrike
Taunt/Counter Duration: 8 seconds -> 12 seconds (50% buff)
Cool Down: 60 seconds -> 30 seconds (50% reduction)
(Counterstrike obviously does much more than the other skills, but since it relies on enemies to attack within melee range for the auto-counter to work and it taunts any enemies that have line-of-sight, the cooldown reduction will not be unbalanced. Thirty seconds is plenty long enough cool down.)

Challenge
Taunt Duration: 8 seconds -> 12 seconds (50% buff)
Cool Down: 16 seconds -> 12 seconds (25% reduction)
(Yes, Challenge would thus be able to immediately recast once the taunt expires, or potentially recast even before then with cool down reductions, which is fair since it's a single target taunt, potentially allowing strategic multi-target taunting and make tanking with the Templar actually possible.)

Side Note: Now those are easier to implement with simple balance changes, but would it be at all possible to have iframes during the animation of these as well?

Now, with that said, I think you went a better route on the cool downs for Counterstrike (smaller changes are better), however with the huge reduction to Challange, Stamina cost will be a problem. Casting Challenge four times will taunt four enemies with about the same average duration as War Cry, and cost a massive 80 Stamina versus War Cry costing 35. Hell, if the range factor is an balance issue, Counterstrike costs only 65 stamina and has hit-scan line-of-sight taunting versus the projectile-like travel time of Challenge.

I think that if the 4 second cool down is to be kept, I would like to suggest (along with the Taunt duration buffs above) that Challenge have it's Stamina cost cut down to 15 (or maybe 10). Small change, yes, but a very balanced one that would do worlds of good for Templar tank builds.

I'm going to test Challenge more in depth before suggestions a cost reduction, as I forgot the upgrade increases stamina generation. Once I have  some data on the matter I'll be able to be more accurate.

ErySakasegawa

ErySakasegawa
  • Members
  • 146 posts

I do like those changes...though...why is the cooldown change on challenge only applied to Templar (if not being a typo)? Legionnaire can get use of the cooldown change, too.

Angelus_de_Mortiel

Angelus_de_Mortiel
  • Members
  • 696 posts

I do like those changes...though...why is the cooldown change on challenge only applied to Templar (if not being a typo)? Legionnaire can get use of the cooldown change, too.

I think it was just a typo, as Luke was not in the office at the time. When they change an ability, it's not fixed to a class, as in the coding it's the same ability for the most part. The only exception to that is Flank Attack for the Duelist, I believe.

Campout King

Campout King
  • Members
  • 446 posts
Nice...will start playing with stubby legs more.

FNX Finest

FNX Finest
  • Members
  • 309 posts

I heard people complaining about Ladies Wrath and Longshot getting it, but I see no info on it.  I guess they were just talking out of their butts?

Angelus_de_Mortiel

Angelus_de_Mortiel
  • Members
  • 696 posts

I heard people complaining about Ladies Wrath and Longshot getting it, but I see no info on it.  I guess they were just talking out of their butts?

I am not sure what you mean? Like that Lady's Wrath was nerfed like Long Shot? If so, I have not heard as such.

FNX Finest

FNX Finest
  • Members
  • 309 posts

I am not sure what you mean? Like that Lady's Wrath was nerfed like Long Shot? If so, I have not heard as such.

Yes, like they were nerfed again this weekend. They both do less damage.  I don't play those characters much, so I don't know the numbers.

MrDantheDeadman

MrDantheDeadman
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Not certain where to ask this but, has the Arcane warrior been nerfed?  It just seems to me that the barrier generation abilities have either been toned down or they aren't working properly.  The barrier seems to drain quicker and his spirit blade doesn't appear to be doing near the damage it use to.  I would main the arcane warrior to quickly get the weekend challenges done, but the spirit blade ability is barely hitting over 100 some odd when it normally does 400-500 some odd damage.

daima17

daima17
  • Members
  • 51 posts

Yep arcane warrior was nerfed. Last changes are here http://forum.bioware...hanges-to-date/

Be happy, you dont have to spam spirit blades all day long now.

Innarra

Innarra
  • Members
  • 323 posts

Luke, does the upgrade to Warcry (Call to Arms: 200% bonus to armor for 10 seconds) work? In theory, now that Warcry's cooldown is at 16 seconds, and nearly less than that provided you get some seconds off it from crits with Flow of Battle, (or Siege Breaker) I could see Warcry being available every 10-12 (even less using cooldown amulet)

That is borderline OP, if the uptime on having 200% armor is 80-90% uptime or so. Using the Lego's best armor, 71, you'd have either 142 armor (or 213 armor if it's cumulative). That's like having a Rock Armor pot on at all times.

Something tells me that Call to Arms doesn't work as it's tooltip suggests...

Felis Menari

Felis Menari
  • Members
  • 1,189 posts

Luke, does the upgrade to Warcry (Call to Arms: 200% bonus to armor for 10 seconds) work? In theory, now that Warcry's cooldown is at 16 seconds, and nearly less than that provided you get some seconds off it from crits with Flow of Battle, I could see Warcry being available every 10-12 (even less using cooldown amulet)

That is almost borderline OP, if the uptime on having 200% armor is 80% or so. Using the Lego's best armor, 71, you'd have either 142 armor (or 213 armor if it's cumulative). That's like having a Rock Armor pot on at all times.

Something tells me that that Call to Arms doesn't work as it's tooltip suggests...

From what I've read, the way Warcry's armor bonus works is that it decreases in effectiveness over time. If it really does work that way, then it's not even remotely worth the skill point in my opinion.